Eternal Darkness

[quote name='lilboo']This really isn't new and I'm sure many people know about it.. but

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=220030

It's only $14.99 *NEW* at Gamestop.com And it's only 11.99 pre-owned. Where some places (like EBgames.com) sell it for $39.99 brand new. So I'd say this a pretty good bargin, even tho it may not be all that new..[/quote]
The link doesn't work.

This game kicks ass. Don't let the price tag fool you just because it didn't sell well. If you like a mature game with a plot, you'll like it. Also, if you're a few hours into it and don't know what the hell is going on with the story, don't give up. It becomes clearer later on

[quote name='CaseyRyback']its not as good as resident evil , but is still really good.[/quote]

Actually I think Eternal Darkness took survival horror to the next level, besting Resident Evil in every area. The control is better, especially the movement and ability to target specific areas on enemies. The camera is much, much improved. One of the most annoying thing about Resident Evil was the prerendered random camera angles that made it difficult to see anything (sometimes on purpose). Eternal Darkness's camera is almost perfect, most reviews mention just how brilliant it is. The story is much more mature and intelligent, the writers of this game obviously took their english courses. The voice acting is also some of the best I have seen in a game. Add that to a complex spell system, it has much more depth IMO.

By the way, I got it at gamestop for this price not to far back, a steal I think.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']its not as good as resident evil , but is still really good.[/quote]

I don't agree with that statement. Eternal Darkness is a much better game IMO

This debate could go on forever. Let's just say eternal darkness does one super huge thing right that resident evil does has always done oh so very wrong *cough* control *cough* That and it has an excellent story to boot...now if they could just compress the fmv like factor 5 does next time. Not to complain that it all ruins the game or something, it doesn't, but it would just be nice to see those videos in a clearer form.

It's well worth the $14.99. The game plays you aspect is great. It's very well done, aside from the graphics but I could careless; it's still a great game. This is a must own with anyone that owns a gamecube. This game wasn't popular but it's great regardless. BUY IT.

i'm finishing the 3rd path through the game at the moment. this game, gameplay wise, eats RE for lunch, and i really loved REmake and RE0. graphically, it's 1st-generation--the REmade games slaughter it from a pure visual perspective.

it's a crime that this game has not sold more copies. buy it now.

Definitely a good price....I purchased it a long time ago when it was $20.00 and sold it. Did not care for it a whole lot and I usually like this type of game. :)

[quote name='sisco1986']It's well worth the $14.99. The game plays you aspect is great. It's very well done, aside from the graphics but I could careless; it's still a great game. This is a must own with anyone that owns a gamecube. This game wasn't popular but it's great regardless. BUY IT.[/quote]

Hell, I paid $50 for it when it came out and I have no regrets at all. It's one of my favorite games! :)

I don't get why this game is not $9.99 yet....didn't this game come out like months ago last year??? I remember I bought mine almost a year ago from Blockbuster used for $9.99 and they had a bunch of them. There were no scratches on it and it had the original case and manual. No Blockbuster sticker on it either. I still haven't played it up to now so I don't know how the game is.

I picked up Eternal Darkness up in December for under $9.00 used inluding shipping (found the deal right here...thank you CAG.com) from EBgames.com. New for $15.00 sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

As for which one is better...Eternal Darkness or Resident Evil? Everyone may have their own preference but my vote definitely goes to Eternal Darkness hands down.

The sanity meter just makes this game so much more innovative than ANYTHING in the Resident Evil series.....but don't take anyone's word for it...you really have to play this game to appreciate it.....I hope that Silicon Knights are planing a sequel....

this game is amazing. I love it. played it through on all 3 paths and never got bored of it once. the controls are probably the best in the survival horror genre, and the gameplay is really fun and addicting. :)

Great game. Just recently picked it up.

For those wondering why you don't see any new copies anymore, keep in mind that the original post is over 9 months old!!! Why this thread got bumped after all this time, I don't know. Still, one kick-ass game!

I bought it the day it came out at full price. Great game. I've played through all 3 paths and will eventually come back for more. I was disappointed when I heard that Silicon Knights was doing a MGS remake instead of an original IP or Eternal Darkness sequel.

I bought months ago for 15 bucks. Still haven't played it because of the constant stream of games coming in. Thank god for cheapassgamer.

This game was worth every cent back when it was 50 dollars. For the first few chapters you may wonder what is going on, but once you get to the medieval chapter with Paul Luther things really heat up. I got so engrossed in the game that I felt the ancients were really coming to get me. One of the best 10 games ever on my personal list.

I bought this game at launch for full price... before I discovered CAG. I later traded it for $25. I liked it, but did not think it was worth $50. I recently picked it back up at Funkoland (same as GameStop) for $14.99 new. At this price, it is a real bargain. I'd recommend getting it while you can at this price.

bread's done
Back