The 209 CAG's Thread

Redeema

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Rather than create a Central Cali thread I decided to narrow it down to just those in the 209 area code because the area is so stretched out and nearly impossible to get to. With all the tiny little towns with populations 20k and under it's just easier to do it this way, so if there's anyone else representin' the 209 area code go ahead and post here where you're from.

I live in Los Banos. (translation: The Springs for all you jerks out there)

Other 209 Members:

Redeema- Los Banos
mj1108- Merced
longdillon1- Merced
ch3zyp00fs- Atwater?
MrBrando- Modesto
Cai- Stockton
retro_killa- Sacramento
JustBlaze- Lodi
vectorscalar - Delhi
gage006 - Modesto (for now)
puternerd - Pine Grove
relicbane - Turlock
Janaak - Patterson
Smeag - Tracy
youngn - Tracy
Joe Fongul - Rolling through the 209 looking for deals ;)
pooroldluser - Lodi
godzillad - Merced
catabarez - Manteca

Last edited by a moderator:
Representing! :)

I'm in Merced (formerly LB). With the way this area stretches out between LB, Merced, Turlock, Modesto, etc... I'm sure there are other CAG's out there among us.

[quote name='zewone']I use to be in the 209 until they changed the area code of Fresno to 559. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think that's close enough.....

Or call this the 209/559 thread since 559 used to be a part of 209.

Merced, CA Target clearance deals:

DS - Polarium: $20.98
PS2 - NHL2K5: $10.98
PS2 - Sega Classics Collection: $6.98
DS - Meteos: $14.98
DS - Trace Memory: $14.98
XB - NFL Street 2: $9.98
XB - Halo 2 Map Pack: $9.98
Viewtiful Joe 2: $10.48
PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98

Just returned from there.

I might have to jump on Trace Memory at that price. I own Meteos already, but I could probably sell it and make a buck or two on it.

[quote name='Redeema']I might have to jump on Trace Memory at that price. I own Meteos already, but I could probably sell it and make a buck or two on it.[/QUOTE]

They had 3 or 4 copies of it. The game they have the most of was NFL Street 2 (8-10 copies). They also have a copy or two of Backyard Wrestling for the XBox, but didn't check the price on it (it was clearance, tho).

Where does target put there clearance games.Ive never once seen them in target?LMK Also dude that was at target.What part of merced you from.Im right off bear creek.
Later
Dillon

[quote name='longdillon1']Where does target put there clearance games.Ive never once seen them in target?LMK Also dude that was at target.What part of merced you from.Im right off bear creek.
Later
Dillon[/QUOTE]

Meteos was in the display case. The other titles were on a back endcap between Electronics & the entrance to the Garden Center. They had put some on the one shelf that is there then the rest they put on the very bottom shelf towards the back. I had to duck down to see the stuff, otherwise you'd probably miss the stuff just walking by. They had some other clearance stuff on there as well (iPod jackets, a digital camera and such).

That's funny I'm not from Merced and I know where the Target clearance games are. They're on the endcap where the PS2/PSP games are at and on occasion I've seen them on the endcap to the left of that one. (the left when you're standing facing the clearance stuff) There's also a big sign that says something about 'clearance' or 'budget' or something like that.

Just a heads up...TRU in Merced is now 40-60% off. Just came back from there. When I got there, they were finally putting all their DS titles out, although obviously they have more in the cage since I had a slip for one (Tony Hawk) and he had to run back and get it.

Here's what I picked up (all DS titles...prices are after the 40% off):
Feel the Magic: $5.99
Polarium: $5.99
Mario & Luigi: PIT $20.99
Kirby's Canvas Curse: $20.99
Tony Hawks' American Sk8land: $17.97

Think I'll run back tonight and see if any more is put out....

Damn, I knew I should've went there on Saturday! Now the earliest I can get out there is Thursday. I guess I'll make half hour trip anyway just to see if there's some deals to be had.

[quote name='Redeema']Damn, I knew I should've went there on Saturday! Now the earliest I can get out there is Thursday. I guess I'll make half hour trip anyway just to see if there's some deals to be had.[/QUOTE]

I saw it in the other thread that you made it over here. What'd you end up with?

And also for anyone interested....Target in Merced has Polarium on clearance for $20.98.

Actually my girl went over there and she got copies of (all DS games) Mario Kart x2, Sonic Rush, Advance Wars DS x2, Kirby Canvas Curse, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time x2, and three more that I can't even remember off the top of my head. Would've liked to have gotten Trace Memory, Lost in Blue, Trauma Center, and of course Phoenix Wright, but they had nary a one of those as far as she could see. I'm probably going to head out there myself on Thursday. By any chance do either of you know when they are closing for good? I thought they were going to be done by the end of this month and from the looks of it that's how it's going to be, but I might want to get out there one last time after this Thursday.

[quote name='Redeema']Actually my girl went over there and she got copies of (all DS games) Mario Kart x2, Sonic Rush, Advance Wars DS x2, Kirby Canvas Curse, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time x2, and three more that I can't even remember off the top of my head. Would've liked to have gotten Trace Memory, Lost in Blue, Trauma Center, and of course Phoenix Wright, but they had nary a one of those as far as she could see. I'm probably going to head out there myself on Thursday. By any chance do either of you know when they are closing for good? I thought they were going to be done by the end of this month and from the looks of it that's how it's going to be, but I might want to get out there one last time after this Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Just came back from there a little while ago (again) to see what was left. I do remember seeing a couple of copies of Trace Memory.

The story in the Sun Star said the "end of February". There's still a couple more DS titles I'd like to pick up, but am sort of hoping to see maybe 50 or 60% soon enough....

Cool, I'll hit them up tomorrow or Friday then. I may pick up Trace Memory. I checked the other games I got and they are:

Bust-A-Move DS
Feel the Magic XY/XX
Metroid Prime Pinball

I went in to TRU today and bought a crapload of games, more of the same mostly, but I also got Tony Hawk (tons left still), Trace Memory a couple sets of Xbox 360 component cables, a strategy guidefor FFIV (70% off!) and Seinfeld season 5 and 6 sets. I did ask them when they were closing and they told me the 25th so you've got a few more days left to jump on stuff, what little there is left. They did still have copies of DK Jungle Beat which I'd love to have, but I've spent way too much there already.

On a side note I went to Target across the street and they had 2 premium Xbox 360's and one core system in stock.

[quote name='Redeema']I went in to TRU today and bought a crapload of games, more of the same mostly, but I also got Tony Hawk (tons left still), Trace Memory a couple sets of Xbox 360 component cables, a strategy guidefor FFIV (70% off!) and Seinfeld season 5 and 6 sets. I did ask them when they were closing and they told me the 25th so you've got a few more days left to jump on stuff, what little there is left. They did still have copies of DK Jungle Beat which I'd love to have, but I've spent way too much there already.

On a side note I went to Target across the street and they had 2 premium Xbox 360's and one core system in stock.[/QUOTE]

I was in Target last night and saw the 2 premium 360's there, but didn't bite since there's just not enough on the system yet to justify the purchase (for me, anyway...and I'm one that's always bought consoles at launch).

I went in to TRU today (again) during my lunch hour (around 11am) just to see what was what. Didn't pick up anything....am still trying to hold out long enough for a larger drop. Surprised to see so many DS titles left....

The original price on DK Jungle Beat there is $53.99 or $58.99 (I forget which...)...but still can't justify 40% off that. Maybe on the next drop.... They also have Taiko Drum Master too, but could never get a price on it.

If they're closing on the 25th, I assume we'll see another price drop really soon (maybe Saturday?).

I hear you on the 360, I've seen it at several places now and even though I have money to buy one there's just no reason for me to buy one.

As a side note though you know that you can apply for credit and get 10% off the system at Target? However, I think (I haven't verified yet) that if you sign up for their online newsletter you get weekly codes for 10% off and it may be possible to stack those two 10% off deals making it a pretty nice discount.

Still, though it was my intention to get the system bundled up at Costco. Possibly with the little profit I make off selling those DS games I'll be that much closer to one. Have either of you seen the 360 in stock at Costco up there?

[quote name='Redeema']I hear you on the 360, I've seen it at several places now and even though I have money to buy one there's just no reason for me to buy one.

As a side note though you know that you can apply for credit and get 10% off the system at Target? However, I think (I haven't verified yet) that if you sign up for their online newsletter you get weekly codes for 10% off and it may be possible to stack those two 10% off deals making it a pretty nice discount.

Still, though it was my intention to get the system bundled up at Costco. Possibly with the little profit I make off selling those DS games I'll be that much closer to one. Have either of you seen the 360 in stock at Costco up there?[/QUOTE]

Target here is the first place I've seen them in-stock at all. Never seen any at Wal-Mart or Best Buy. Not sure about EB and Gamestop as of late, but last time I talked to one of the guys at EB (maybe a month ago or so), they still hadn't seen more than 2 or 3 very small shipments since the launch.

I already have a Target card, so there goes that idea. I have a feeling with PS3 and Rev coming, we'll see some kind of price drop by MS later this year.

As for Costco, I've never seen them there. I've seen individual games ($59.99 games are $53.99, IIRC), but no systems.

Someone in the TRU thread said that their store (back east, I believe) went to 50-70% off as of today and is closing the 25th also. I think I'll run over there and will report back....

The Kmart in LB had them in stock a week or so ago, a few days prior to that the Wallymart had them too. I'm in no rush for th 360, so with the stuff I've picked up at TRU I'll put towards the 360.

TRU is now 50-70% off here....and in the span of 24 hours their games have been picked clean. Only picked up Metroid Pinball.... lots of Psychonauts & TImesplitters left for the XBox and a lot of DS games still.

That's pretty much what they had yesterday. Though they had a couple GC games that I was tempted to buy, but I thought that $50 with 40% off was a little too much. I should've bit on those and passed on the Seinfeld boxsets.

Just ran over there again....seems like all that is about left is Psychonauts and Timesplitters for the XBox along with a few scant DS titles (Spiderman 2/Tony Hawk). They do have the Action Replay's for the GameCube. A couple were stickered $49.99 and a couple $29.99. Didn't really look it over to see what the difference was.

They also still had some 360 accessories (faceplates, component and a/v cables) @ 70% off. Other than that....it's picked clean.

Forgot to look over at the cage to see if anything was left over there... Only thing I picked up today was Psychonauts.

[quote name='Redeema']Anything left that would make me bother with the 40 minute drive?[/QUOTE]

Nope.....unless you want an Action Replay for the GameCube or fixtures? They still have a bunch of those 3rd party DS & PSP "kits" @ 70% off. The cage was completely empty and they nearly had all of the front aisle shelves and gondolas taken down. It's now all at the very front of the store.

Was at Target (Merced) earlier tonight.....nothing too much worthwhile to mention, but I figure I'd post it anyway:

Polarium $14.98
Meteos $14.98
Trace Memory $14.98
Viewtiful Joe (PS2) $7.98

Polarium, Meteos and Trace Memory were in an odd spot. They actually put the DS clearance titles on a back endcap facing the large DVD wall. They were in with the clearance PC software.

Also, I've been looking to pick up Guitar Hero and keep hearing how Target has it for $59.99. Well tonight they had 2 copies, but they were selling them for $69.99.

See, nothing really exciting. :p

Still only three members...

Either of you know if the Sears is running the clearance games that so many other people are reporting?

The Sears here in Merced doesn't carry video games, IIRC. Checking isn't any trouble since I'm a hop, skip and jump away from there.

If anyone is interested, Blockbuster/GameRush here has titles 50% off. The one at R & Olive next to the mall just has 2 crappy signs and little to display (their laziness, I assume)...while the one on G St. is actually organized and has all the 50% off stuff together. Now whether or not there are titles worth picking up is a matter of taste. Lots of titles were marked $19.99...so 50% off that would bring them down to $10 a shot.

If you go out there and find anything worthy of my drive please do post it. Mostly interested in DS and GC games.

By the way, seen any copies of Phoenix Wright laying around?

[quote name='Redeema']If you go out there and find anything worthy of my drive please do post it. Mostly interested in DS and GC games.

By the way, seen any copies of Phoenix Wright laying around?[/QUOTE]

Will do.... As for Phoenix Wright, I'm looking for it too and can't find it anywhere. Yesterday I went around checking....even checked GS and EB here and neither had it (not even used). So nobody here in Merced or Turlock has it. I was in Turlock Friday and stopped in at Target and WM there.....nothing.

I *may* be going to Fresno this evening, so I may try to sneak over to BB, Target, and CompUSA (since they're all next door to each other) there to see if they have any. Might as well if I'm over there anyway.

Right on. If you find a copy would you pick one up for me? Likewise since I'm in the Bay area and I find one at a Fry's since they have them I'd pick one up for you. Would you?

[quote name='Redeema']Right on. If you find a copy would you pick one up for me? Likewise since I'm in the Bay area and I find one at a Fry's since they have them I'd pick one up for you. Would you?[/QUOTE]

Didn't get to Fresno tonight after all. :( I'll be checking up on Target, EB and the usuals this week here to see if it shows up since it likely hit their DC's first before it hits the stores. If you happen to come across an extra copy if you would please pick it up, that would be awesome and I'll do the same for you.

Resurrecting this thread from the dead.....

Circuit City in Merced.... $8.98 titles. They haven't pulled them. The PS2 games are marked and it's a mish-mash for the other systems (some marked/some not). If you're interested, go on by. You just might find something. Picked up 2 copies of Advance Wars (1 for me and 1 for my brother) for $8.98 each (they were still marked $34.99) and they had 2 copies of Wario Ware Twisted marked $8.98. I took 1 up to the register and it rang up $19.99, but they gave it to me for $8.98. I went back today and it's still there.... Make a list of what you want from the main list and take that in there since some are marked and some aren't.

K-Mart clearance (from the main thread). The one in Atwater, don't even bother. I just got home from there and it's a certifiable dud. I guess that's what happens when it looks like they're actually organzied. ;)

Good looking out. Maybe I'll make a trip out to Merced this weekend. Not really sure there's anything I want though. The trade forums are all flooded with these Circuit City games, so I may pass, but who can resist a good deal?

[quote name='Redeema']Good looking out. Maybe I'll make a trip out to Merced this weekend. Not really sure there's anything I want though. The trade forums are all flooded with these Circuit City games, so I may pass, but who can resist a good deal?[/QUOTE]

Just went by CC again. I've been by there so many times in the last 4 or 5 days they probably think I'm casing the joint. hahaha... Anyway.... picked up the last Halo Triple Pack (that I could see) and also Dr. Mario/Puzzle League. There's still stuff left. I got there today and the GBA stuff looked like it was ransacked.... thought it was a CAG'er, when in fact it looks like it was probably just kids.

Went by Target and they have only 2 titles on clearance: 187 Ride or Die @ 9.98 and Tom Clancy Ghost Recon (I think that's what it was) for $14.XX.... 1 copy of each. Bleh.

[quote name='Redeema']I wonder what my chances would be if I went there on Friday or Saturday, to find anything good?[/QUOTE]

I would definitely get there by Saturday since the CC clearance is going to be advertised as starting on Sunday. So come Sunday afternoon, I wouldn't try it. (translation: the sooner you get over there, the better). I just might stop in there just to see what the selection looks like tomorrow...

On another note.... check out BB/GameRush @ Olive & R. They have an "ok" amount of clearance titles left. Some for each system. The titles are on an island rack that says "50% off" when in fact, it's a LOT more than 50% off. Last night I picked up 3 GCN titles (NBA Street v3 ($7.50) , Killer 7 ($3.75) & Metroid Prime Echoes ($5.00) (all new) for a total of $17 and change. The clearance prices are ranging from $3.75 to $7.50 per title and this isn't on used titles at all.
The islander thing they have the games on isn't the only place they have the clearance games. They have them in their respective "new" sections as well. Just look for the handwritten clearance tags. I went back over there this afternoon to see if it was already picked over and there's still stuff left.... people just don't realize how cheap the prices are. :) Oh well...their loss....more for us. :)

In case you didn't know, the Blockbuster/GameRush on G St. is history. They closed about a month or month and a half ago....so don't waste time going over there.

Also, after I picked those titles up last night from BB, I ran over to BB in Atwater to see if they had anything. A complete waste of a drive. No clearance stuff, no sign of it, piss-poor "new" section (one rack).... Thank god it's as close as it is.

[quote name='Redeema']And yet, it's a 40 minute drive for me. I would like a copy of NBA Street V3 though...decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

Just an update.... CC is basically picked over. They've taken the $8.96 titles and moved them to their "discount bin". Only PS2 titles in there (and 1 or 2 XBox titles). I went looking through the DS/GBA/GCN/XB titles and it looks like those are picked clean. Didn't see any unmarked $8.96 titles that jumped out at me. They still have Eyetoys (around 6 or 8 of them)... likely only because they aren't in plain sight. They're in between the counter and the PS2 demo unit. i'm sure once they get out there in front of people, they'll go. Only title that really jumped out as a "must have" in that bin was a couple of copies of We Love Katamari.

BB/GameRush.... They've gathered up most of the clearance that was in their regular "new" racks and put them in that islander. LOTS of XBox titles. Still had a few GCN titles cheap (Geist, Killer 7, MP: Echoes, Pikmin, The Incredibles..... no more NBA Street v3 for GCN). They do have the title for the XBox if you have one of those. Some titles are as cheap as $2.50. I picked up SSX On Tour, Mortal Kombat Deception and PGR2 for a total of $13 and change. Also had a small selection of PS2 titles... onesy-twoseys for the most part.

If there is anything you want on that list, let me know and if they have it I can pick it up for you since I know it's a 40 minute drive and in that timespan what you're looking for could be bought.

For anyone interested regarding CC and GameRush here in Merced:

CC: They now have the $8.96 stuff out in the open and advertised as such. The PS2/GCN/XB titles are on the rack normally housed by PS2 titles in front of the register. DS titles now occupy the "discount bin". 90% of that bin is Pokemon Dash...they must have at least 40 copies of it. Eye Toys are now stacked on the register counter all marked $8.96. Still, compared to what's on that list it's been basically picked over.

GameRush: Don't bother unless you're looking for XBox titles since 80-90% of the clearance stuff left is XB titles. It's so picked over now that they had to spread out the XB titles thin to make it look like it was full.

Best Buy has a few of the marked down titles from the original CAG markdown thread. I picked up Drill Dozer for $9.99 and they had 2 left.

Target on clearance: All games listed are in the game cases

$13.98:
Gran Turismo 3 - PS2
Viewtiful Joe - GCN
Sonic Heroes - GCN
Namco Museum - PS2

$34.98:
Geist - GCN

$20.98
Drill Dozer - GBA
GTA Double Pack - XBox

Any word on PS3 and Wii launches? I was thinking of possibly going to Gilroy to hit Costco for the Wii, but I could also go to Merced since they've got the added bonus of a Circuit City.

Oh crap. 209 here. I was born in Atwater, now my parents got a place in Merced too. I moved out cuz of college. But I rep 209. 209!!!!!

bread's done
Back