Discuss THIS.

Deus Ex Machina

CAG Veteran
This is a letter to whoever checked out Circuit City this morning:

Oh, I'm horribly sorry. Did I say "checked out"? I meant totally raped. There we go. I understand the desire to have your own cheap ass games. I want some of my own, too. In fact, I wanted 7. But you, you couldn't be happy with 7, or even 30. No, you had to clear out the entire store, probably so you could make a few quick bucks at Gamestop.

You had to load up an entire shopping cart full of games (a tally of $600), and smirk your smug little ass home with your new prizes. Have you never heard of a community? Ethics? During Christmas, I saw 4 copies of Robotech, but I only grabbed one, because I knew there were other Cheap Asses who wanted copies.

This may be a world of "every man for himself," but that doesn't give you the right to be a greedy asshole. I hope you get a disc read error.

yea i see where ur coming from Greedy Bumholes take all of the cheap games. it angers me to see that because it doesnt give other people a chance to grab an awesome deal for themselves.

so all i have to say aboot these dudes

"those perverted bastards" (in fat guy mafia voice)

[quote name='goldengraham']The person might now know how to respond unless you post where this CC was at.[/quote]

My location says "Birmingham, AL" and there's only one CC where I live. But just for fun,

The Circuit City in Hoover, AL by the Galleria

it sucks but to be very blunt; deal with it.

all deals are first come first serve, and this was a clearence...

it does suck alot when people buy tons, like you described, butthey have every right to. did you ask them "hey could i maybe buy a couple of those games?" it wouldnt hurt to have asked...

this sale was going on yesterday so odds are alot of the good stuff was gone then.

just walk it off and wait for the next deal

[quote name='punqsux']it sucks but to be very blunt; deal with it.

all deals are first come first serve, and this was a clearence...

it does suck alot when people buy tons, like you described, butthey have every right to. did you ask them "hey could i maybe buy a couple of those games?" it wouldnt hurt to have asked...

this sale was going on yesterday so odds are alot of the good stuff was gone then.

just walk it off and wait for the next deal[/quote]

Sounds like you walked off with a full cart, huh? :wink:

Jeez...talk about jealous.

A person has every right to buy as many games as the store allows. This deal is not 1 per customer offer.

Its 1st come 1st served and that person can take it all if they want to. You on other hand DO NOT have a right to tell this person NOT to buy what they want.

Stop complaining.

I know I raped my CC (left my 16 games) but there was still plenty left when I left (mainly because the jackass employees didn't know about it....they thought it starts next week......you should have seen them rush trying to figure out what games where on sale)

[quote name='defender']Jeez...talk about jealous.

A person has every right to buy as many games as the store allows. This deal is not 1 per customer offer.

Its 1st come 1st served and that person can take it all if they want to. You on other hand DO NOT have a right to tell this person NOT to buy what they want.

Stop complaining.[/quote]

what are you talking about?!
it's not like today is some signifigant day dedicated to rights/freedoms...
/sarcasm

Oh my. Am I still at the same forum that bitched continually when the CC deal got fatwalleted a few months ago, or has the community degenerated this much?

I got a total of 15 games in my 2 trips. One CAG last night spent about $350 on games, but there is still a ton left at my CC. No really good ones (disgaea, MvC2, Ikaruga) but I would have only gotten 1 or 2 of each if they had been there. 1 to play and 1 to trade. Its just inconsiderate to not share these good finds with others. Moral here is: Be a cheap ass, just not a cheap asshole!!!

It does suck when one person buys out most of the selection. However, I don't get mad at that person. If anything I get upset at myself for not beating that person to the store.

While true, not everyone can sit around and watch the computer 24/7. The ones who can/do/get lucky should take that into account and let some others get into the action. People should share the wealth of CAG not exploit it. But, Ive been here long enough to know, if you dont act as soon as you see a post, you can forget it, especially in a big city.

I have the right to buy as many titles as I want, sure some people got there before I did but you don't see me complaining...

Hell, on some of these deals(certain games) you should be ecstatic if you got 1 copy and nothing else. Disgaea and MvC 2 are best examples.

You know, when my b/f went to CC today, he saw someone buying up loads of games too. After talking with him a bit, the guy was actually very nice, and even gave up some of his games to my b/f. The two of them actually searched out and scanned almost every game there. Maybe you should have just asked him nicely for some of the games he was buying, especially if he bought multiples. I'm not saying he would've, but its worth a try.

So I went to another Circuit City that I didn't know about (thank you store locater) and found a lot of the games I wanted. The only ones I didn't get that I really wanted were Ikaruga and Disgaea. I saw several games for $4.99 that I knew I could resell for $10.00 easily. I still only bought one copy of each, because I appreciate the CAG community and don't want to rip it off.

I agree with helping out CAGers, but the fact is, many of the people taking 5-6 copies of each game were not from CAG, they were Fatwallet or "Game"-something. Let's just hope that by the time the actual promo kicks off on Sunday, they'll have a small restock.

A lot of the disappointed CC shoppers are operating under the illusion that every store had stock of the most coveted items. Despite the recent new production Disgaea is still quite rare at big retail chains. Many of the clerks I asked about it today were of the opinion that their store had never stocked it or at best had six copies that were never replenished. Likewise for Ikaruga. This game is fairly long in the tooth and most stores that once carried it long since sold out. It doesn't have a mainstream appeal to today's rank and files console owners so it's unlikely to see any new production or revival as a Player's Choice.

[quote name='epobirs']A lot of the disappointed CC shoppers are operating under the illusion that every store had stock of the most coveted items. .[/quote]

I think that's true. My local Circuit City never had Marvel vs Capcom 2, Ikaruga or Rez (or at least not since December) so it does seem like most stores won't have nearly all the games even if you went as soon as the sale started.

Kids, let this serve as an example of why it's so very important to build good credit. I put about $800 on my TRU Visa card today as well as buying gas and food over the course of the day I otherwise wouldn't need had I stayed home and, oh I don't know, played video games. I can do this without the credit card company even blinking an eye.

(Several years ago, when Best Buy was eliminating their Sega Saturn inventory there wasn't any CAG to tip off the youngins' so I had much more buying opportunity. I put about $3,000 on a Discover Card that day. (Did you know the Best Buy POS will only allow 50 items per invoice?) At one point BB had to call Discover's security department so I could verify that it was really me making all hese purchases after the weird pattern made their software suspicious.)

See also the parking lot confrontation scene in 'Fried Green Tomatoes' for further reasons why age and guile will always beat youth, innocence, and a bad haircut.

I am indeed going to make a quick few bucks on the bulk of my purchases today and end up with about 40 games added to my library at a cost of about $2 each. I will have deposited the proceeds from those sales in my checking account long before the bill comes due. Gotta love it. At leat you do if you're me once of my nephews or neices with access to my library.

Did I rape those nine Circuit City's? Your Honor, I fully admit I had my way with those stores but it was all consensual. The welcomed me in, fetched me a basket when my arms became too full, made many appreciative noises suggesting the experience was as pleasureable for them as well as myself, and finnally they invited me back for more of the same any time it took my fancy.

Surely no jury would convict in the light of this evidence.

Damn. I was out all day and I had no idea this sale was going on. To whoever bought up a cart full of games, that is ridiculous... but I would probably do the same if given the opportunity :?

well,if i wasnt broke right now,i would have bought a lot of those games (maybe even multiple copies),but i would have posted me selling them on here first to fellow CAG's to see if anyone would take them before selling them at gamestop,etc.

i walked out of my store with 4 games, passed up 2 more i now regret not getting, but what i got was the last copy of each. the thing with these clearance sales is that most everything is old and already cheap, 19.99 less. yeah the fact that people take all they can for the sake of money, but if someone went in to pickup one for themselves, one for trade, one for friend, and an extra then they at least plan to give them to others instead of give GS, EB another game to sell to some sucker at a rip price. i thought this week i was going to go to best buy, get unreal on xbox for $5 (ac w/ pm). but this pops up. get more deals.

be thankful that you got a chance at this sale and if you walked away with one or two games. if not go to others in your area. if not, wait and go back in a few days, if not wait, that's right wait, the whole basis of this site is the fact that we all wait for a deal of a game and snag it cheap. we're a community of Cheap Asses that want our games cheap, and we know we have to wait for them. we risk passing things up on clearance hoping that we can come back and get it cheaper, we are greedy, but if you wait you get what you want over time. this site kicks ass. we are the CAG. and sure there are jackasses that want to profit off of our finds for entertainment for there pockets. anyways i buy everything at at most 30 and that's very few. that's after 1yr and 1/2 i have 55 games about. (list below isn't up to date) thanks to this site i have about 10 more i would have never gotten. and there games i've wanted more than other games i find, this site shows that you can wait instead of picking up an okay to your liking game for 10 and get one you want for 5. thanks to all CAG, no matter how big or little a controbution you make to this site.

also if your in the dallas area, frys here at least has dead man's hand for 14.99 plus use a $5 xbox live bb coupon and pm there for a final price of 9.99
you can get that coupon in the gamepro mag they have free in the gaming section in the back of the mag.

Indeed, even if you're a cheapass, it's worth having good credit as mentioned by a previous member.

Loaded $300 on my Mastercard today.

[quote name='6669']You know, when my b/f went to CC today, he saw someone buying up loads of games too. After talking with him a bit, the guy was actually very nice, and even gave up some of his games to my b/f. The two of them actually searched out and scanned almost every game there. Maybe you should have just asked him nicely for some of the games he was buying, especially if he bought multiples. I'm not saying he would've, but its worth a try.[/quote] I met 3 guys from FW and we were helping eachother find the games we wanted. I gave up DOAXBV to one guy since he gave me several games and was helping me alot.

I would be pissed to if someone cleared out all 3 of my CC 's (if i had 3 LoL).

Fortunately this was a nice weekend.

I did however pick up 2 Mario Part 4's, but one was for my niece. I got a copy of Disagea, and i already had one, but I gave my extra to a good friend.

All In all i made out well (ICO, PSC, RE:CV, BR4, NBAStreet, and a few others) Ill prolly go back tomorrow and pickup Waverace, and Monster Rancher.

Im glad I lucked on most of the deals. :)

[quote name='epobirs']Did I rape those nine Circuit City's? Your Honor, I fully admit I had my way with those stores but it was all consensual. The welcomed me in, fetched me a basket when my arms became too full, made many appreciative noises suggesting the experience was as pleasureable for them as well as myself, and finnally they invited me back for more of the same any time it took my fancy.

Surely no jury would convict in the light of this evidence.[/quote] I like that because it's funny. The word fancy made it extra special. :lol:

[quote name='epobirs']Kids, let this serve as an example of why it's so very important to build good credit. I put about $800 on my TRU Visa card today as well as buying gas and food over the course of the day I otherwise wouldn't need had I stayed home and, oh I don't know, played video games. I can do this without the credit card company even blinking an eye.[/quote]

I used a debit card. Granted, I only bought about 1/3 as many games as you, but I don't think I'd want to make these purchases with the credit company's money. I'd get a loan to buy a house, but that is about it.

Yeah, that was pretty funny skittlez.

Short story: I'm at CC today looking for the $4.99 games, PS2 isle, and this guy and his wife (girlfriend?) are looking at a fighting game (I think MvsC2). The guy says to her 'Oh look, it's only $30 bucks' or something along those lines. I am like 'Nope , it's only $5. You can go check.' So they come back and I ask them if I was right. Of course I was. The guy wanted to see my list of games, so he checked it out and went over to get some more games that he wanted.

He checked the list a few more times, got his items and went. I could hear the cashier and another employee talking in the GC and Xbox isle.

'Do you know why they are all ringing up $5?'

'I have no idea...'
And so on. So I get all of the games I could find, only one double, Ikaruga. The guy at the counter that was talking to the other wanted to know if he could have the list.

'You know, so I could put them in a bin to make it easier on people.'

What a funny way of saying 'So I can clean the shelves out myself.

I gave him the list, I was done with the store anyhow. I'm going back there tomorrow, and if there isn't a bin up...

I'm going to have to CheapyD slap him.

This thread has certainly been quite the eye-opener. I admit, I haven't been to these forums in a few weeks, so perhaps things have changed. But when I signed up, I was amazed at the sense of community here. That people would take the high road, and only take one copy of a game. Two if they had a friend who wanted one. If someone cleared out a store, they were shunned. When our deals got publicized--fatwalleted--everyone cried out in dismay. "It's unfair!" we cried.

Now it's suddenly fair to empty an entire store's inventory. Not only fair, but smart! I'm sick of it. I actually told 5 friends about this website, and mentioned to them how wonderful it was that everybody worked together to make sure the largest number of people were the happiest. Now you're lucky to get a copy of Wallace & Grommit if it's on sale.

All this thread does is show that there are 2 camps in the world.
Those who think theres nothing wrong with being selfish and making as much as they can in the short time they are given in this world.
And those who think that its thier responsiblility to share with everyone and try to help out their fellow man.

Youll have to ask god or whoever is in control of everything who is in the right.
But its obvious that we all have our own opnions on the subject.
Nothing anyone says will sway one side to the other.
But damn if it doesnt feel good to rant about it when it all gets to be too much!

I had a copy of Disgea in my hand...and I sold it to some kid who wanted it for $15. I asked him if he wanted to play it or resell it and he told me that he wanted to play it. So, yeah, I made a little bit of money; I could've made a lot more, but I figured why be greedy.

bread's done
Back