CC SALE OVER

Afbs47

CAG Veteran
I printed out my list of games i was interested in, grabbed 100 bucks and went up to CC. When i got there I saw two workers in the xbox aisle looking at a list and putting games into a cart. I saw some of them and recognized them as the 5 dollar ones. I asked them if those were the cheap games. They told me yeah and that they couldn't sell them anymore because the corporate office called and is telling all the stores to take them off the shelves. They said it was a huge mistake and shouldn't have happened. So I wasn't able to get any of the cheap games I planned on getting. So better hurry before your store takes the games off the shelves.

Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if this is true. I would hate to be the person that made this mistake :shock:

I'll put money those assholes just wanted them for themselves. I know when I was leaving they were scambling trying to find a list so they could buy some.

oh ho ! thats what must have happened at mine i saw a bunch of circuit city dudes rushing frantically around taking games off the shelves

well they were selling them on their website, and anyone who brought them to the check out should have been able to buy them. I wrote CC two e-mails, and told them their CS (phone calls are outsourced and they did not teach them english well enough) sucks.

I will not be buying from them for a long time as they should have at least honored what people had in their baskets

Meh, at least I got waht I wanted.

Some of your guyses CC's suck. People were actually HELPING ME find games, sort of. He gave me a list of the ones they had.

I am not that mad I got only 2 games out of this deal. dead to rights and super duper sumos (which really wanted) I was happy with the two game I got. my CC had few of the games on the list I wanted and theother 5 dollar games they had i already owned.

It looks like this was a terrible, terrible mistake and an unfortunate mishap due to a "technical glitch" discovered at Circuit City headquarters.

To everyone who has purchased these unauthorized games, kindly return them promply to the point of purchase for a full refund. To compensate for your time and inconvenience, Circuit City will offer you a valuable coupon good for 5% off your next purchase of $50 or more.

;)

this can't be for real. It would totally suck balls if I wasn't able to get in on this. this sounds like a clearance sale that was implemented and taken advantage of far too fast! Maybe corporate is pissed about the timing? 5% of 50 bucks or more. Reminds me of that Blockbuster deal from several years ago where you rent 10 and get one free.

I think that it was not a mistake they did the math and realized that they were losing millions. or maybe it was a hacker who was a former disgruntled CC employee made the "glitch"

WHO WOULD OR WILL RETURN THESE

NO ONE.

The CC I went to this afternoon had some employees taking the games off the shelf to check their prices and find out which ones were $4.99 (ostensibly to re-price them for customers). Apparently, they didn't have a comprehensive list handy of the ones that were priced to sell. At least they helped me find Disgaea. :D

Please don't eBay the good ones! Leave them for financially-strapped fellow gamers. Please? :lol:

Just in case anyone was wondering, I was just kidding about the 5% thing. I was just thinking of a typical corporate response to this "fiasco".

Its too bad if this deal is over -- it was good while it lasted!

the only glitch that may have happened was them changing the prices this week instead of next week....this was all supposed to start the 11th...as for a glitch with the games being $4.99...thats bs because of the fact that there were cardboard bins that were manufactured with $4.99 games printed on the sides of the boxes...some ccs didnt care about the boxes apparantly...but i doubt that these boxes would get past development with $4.99 games written on the side if there were no $4.99 games to be sold

To the people that bought over $100 they took down a name to put in the system, right? I wonder if they may try to contact you, highly doubt they'll go through all the trouble. I think this was meant to happen on 0711/04 which was originally posted.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']To the people that bought over $100 they took down a name to put in the system, right? I wonder if they may try to contact you, highly doubt they'll go through all the trouble. I think this was meant to happen on 0711/04 which was originally posted.[/quote]

WTF are they going to do? Take my games from me?

This is America not freaking China. I am more than happy with my 12 games in hand and 7 more ordered on the web.

Shoot, I'd be happy if I had just gotten Burnout 2...

The guys at CC were looking at games with me to find some for themselves. Even though the store was pretty much cleared out i gave them my list.

they always take my phone number when im buying things there. no need to worry, they cant do anything to you for being an educated consumer ^^

if this is a mistake i will laugh so hard

I went yesterday and picked up Chu-Chu Rocket, but now that the list has been updated with the Mega Man games and Sword of Mana maybe, I think I'll go up there again. If I do I'll let you know what happens.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I went yesterday and picked up Chu-Chu Rocket, but now that the list has been updated with the Mega Man games and Sword of Mana maybe, I think I'll go up there again. If I do I'll let you know what happens.[/quote]

Sword of Mana has been a no go at the 3 CC's in Sacramento. Didn't check the Roseville one.

Went to a CC today and found out Sword of Mana was $30 or so. Went to another and let them scan it in. She was surprised it was again coming up to $30 or whatever. She asked someone how come before it was scanning for $5. It could have been a UPC thing, but I am not sure.

I brought some xbox games to the counter, at least one was on the list:

SW: Obi Wan

but it rang up $20.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']To the people that bought over $100 they took down a name to put in the system, right? I wonder if they may try to contact you, highly doubt they'll go through all the trouble. I think this was meant to happen on 0711/04 which was originally posted.[/quote]

They generally take down a name and phone number for everyone (at least everyone who isn't paying cash, but probably them, too). As spending over $100, they can only fit 18 items on a ticket. 18 games at $4.99 each comes to 89.82. Add tax, and it is still less than $100 (even with my 9.25% tax rate).

I've had multiple CC employees thank me for letting them use my list to find games they want.

When I was leaving one CC, an employee told me that they had just received a message from corporate to retag the games and stick them in a bin. They didn't have a list from corporate, though, so they only had my list to go by at the start. Hopefully corporate has them filled in by now.

Edit: Sword of Mana was reported by someone, but it is not part of the sale. Star Wars: Obi Wan (Xbox), however, I think I picked up last night (receipt is at the house, so I am not sure). This could be a case of the regular one being $4.99, and the PH being $19.99. Was it the PH that you checked, sm04as?

Yeah, I posted in another thread that my local CC refused to honor any price except for res evil: code veronica for cube. The store manager took them out of my hands and put them all in the back. I am very miffed as I had a disgaea, the only one it seems in VA. Told me basically to leave the store also. Jerk. Anways, I went to the store 15 minutes away and they gladly sold me everything I wanted except disgaea, which.... wasnt in stock.

Just for fun, I called the other store back, and all 5 copies they had of disgaea were now sold...

If it was a mistake, the employees at my local CC were taking $5 off the shelves for a different reason: to buy them. The employees were admittedly trying to buy as much of the $5 games as possible, they were as determined to find the games as the customers, bunch of asses.

Can anyone confirm that this sale will start again/continue until the 11th?

If it truly doesnt start until the 11th, ill be taking next Sunday off and seeing what I can reload on next week.

[quote name='ukhoops']Can anyone confirm that this sale will start again/continue until the 11th?

If it truly doesnt start until the 11th, ill be taking next Sunday off and seeing what I can reload on next week.[/quote]

I need to know this also. My birthday is on the 9th.

I saw a bunch of employees pulling games for themselves. I doubt that it was a corporate mistake. The manager at the CC my b/f went to said that the store manager didn't even know they were all $5, and that was at about 2:30 Sunday afternoon. Every other employee there knew about it.

They told me it wasn't a mistake....but they refused to sell to me at one CC. By the time I got to the other CC, they said they had just got a memo saying to sell them. I think it was a mistake that all CC can do is just try to roll with.

Went up to CC at around 12 today... bought seven games as the two workers were frantically grabbing the rest and pulling them down. The manager was sneaking around also... all three were really confused as to why the games were ringing up 4.99... I asked the worker there as I was checking out and he said none of them knew why they were 4.99 and so they were just pulling all the games on the list their manager gave them.

Jesus, don't stores have policies against employes buying sale items for themselves anymore??? Sounds like all the CC employes are snatching up all the good stuff for themselves and giving customers the shaft.

right...i remember when i worked at home depot (granted, its a diff type of store...but you would think they'd be less strict)...they wouldn't let us buy anything that was on sale until the last day of the sale and when the store was closed....they also would fire us if we were caught hiding products that we wanted until the day we could buy it

guessed, I'm pretty sure that it was non PH.

A couple of CC people I saw today were mentioning how their new best friend was CAG. I look at the guy when he was talking about it and he said "Yeah, you have a list, don't you." :eek:

But some others were already talking to each other about how they already put like 6 or 7 games away for themselves later on and getting their discounts and whatever. Most of them seemed to be in the know about this sale and grabbing a few games for themselves.

I did see a few guys with lists walking around...hmmm competition :wink:

I went to CC today. There was a guy there with a printed list, and his rang up at 5. He gave he list to me and I found the games I wanted. Then I gave the list to another guy after me. I hope it continues all day. None of the employees were doing anything about it. They seemed to think it was normal. The register guy (had to be about 16) asked me where I'd heard it, I told him cheapassgamer.com, and the girl at the other register laughed at me. It's fun to say out loud.

Anyway I was able to pick up 8 games at 5 each. Sadly no Disgaea or SoAL were around.

Sword of Mana rang up as 30 also.

Mistake or not, I got my games. Upon securing the games, I had to change my pants as well.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']right...i remember when i worked at home depot (granted, its a diff type of store...but you would think they'd be less strict)...they wouldn't let us buy anything that was on sale until the last day of the sale and when the store was closed....they also would fire us if we were caught hiding products that we wanted until the day we could buy it[/quote]

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I got my 8 $4.99 games today, so I'm not bitter about the CC employe's snatching anything up but it seems like most stores would fire you for doing this. A buddy who used to work at Target back in the day would have to call me up and have me go down to the store and pick up clearance items because he wasn't allowed to buy them himself. Hearing stories about how CC employes are going around with shopping carts and filling them up with $4.99 games for themselves is just bullshit.

bread's done
Back