Anyone in the Sacramento area take advantage of the $4.99 deal at Circuit City?

balzaK

CAG Veteran
This morning, as soon as they opened, me and my brother called like 3 CC's in my area and asked them if they had any games and they said they were all sold out.... So I didn't bother driving down there. Did this happen to anyone else? If I went there, could I find anything? Oh yeah and if anyone wants to sell some of the $4.99 games for some quick cash and profit, let me know.

IF YOU AREN'T POSTING A SPECIFIC GAMING DEAL, IT DOESN'T BELONG HERE!

How many more times will I have to say this?

[quote name='6669']Calm down, noobs. People make mistakes. :)[/quote] I think hes pissed cause he broke the number one rule. DO NOT CALL. You just tip them off and the employees walk out with a bunch of games that go right to ebay. CHeck ebay lately barely any current gen games sell unless they just came out.

[quote name='balzaK']This morning, as soon as they opened, me and my brother called like 3 CC's in my area and asked them if they had any games and they said they were all sold out.... So I didn't bother driving down there. Did this happen to anyone else? If I went there, could I find anything? Oh yeah and if anyone wants to sell some of the $4.99 games for some quick cash and profit, let me know.[/quote]

Arden CC was tapped out, didn't bother going to rsv, ch or florin.

Funny part at the Arden store, there was a guy who printed out the list posted here. I had to look thru it to remeber the games I wanted. haha oh well.. no score :(

Arden was raped last night around 9 by two people. Probably got about 30 to 40 games between the two of them, which was disgusting. All that was left were ESPN NHL Hockey XBOX, All-Star Baseball 2003 GC, and a couple of GBA games (although Sword of Mana was still there at the time)

I did pretty good at both stores yesterday, I went there around 3pm so I pretty much got first dibs at Arden and Florin. Today I hit the Citrus Heights store and went back to Arden and Florin. Citrus Heights was too new to have most of the older games, but around 11:30am when I went they had 5-6 Metal Gears, and 5 or so Gun Valkyries. They also had a few GBA games. I grabbed one each of Metal Gear and Gun Valk. Florin and Arden were damn near picked over, but I managed to get Toe Jam and Earl III (no idea how, because I didn't see it yesterday and I went twice. today it was in plain view). I also managed to pick up FF origins at the Florin store.

Not too bad of a haul, especially since I thought I wouldn't get anything. All the employee's at the Arden store kept asking me where I heard about this deal, I told them Cheapassgamer.com and about 5 min later the employee had printed out a list, good stuff.

EDIT: on a side note, the last time I went to the Arden store there was a guy with a basket going around with the list grabbing absolutely everything on it, so I wouldn't waste a trip over there unless maybe you want to try your luck on some crappy GBA titles.

I hit the Florin store on Saturday at about 6 PM... and again at 8 pm... during the 8pm attempt, I garnered a small crowd of folks who were interested in sharing on the bounty.

Did anyone hit any of the stores today? I figured it was pointless since the last time I went the 2 closest stores had about 10% of their original stock left. The one is roseville MIGHT still have some Pikmin's or Megaman's though? Has anyone been there lately?

Don't waste your time with the CC on florin. I just got back from there and they are now pulling games for sunday. Maybe worth a shot on sunday. I had to pull some shadiness to get buffy. I had to wait for the dude to walk away, then grab it from his cart and wait for someone else to walk by to ring me up. if you get there soon (like within 30 min) you may be able to loot his cart. Other games I saw were run like hell (i think thats on the list) and driver 2 advance. I'm going to hit the Arden one later, if anyone has been there lately let me know if there is anything left.

bread's done
Back