Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix - $49.99 - free ship (Pre-Order Directly from NoA)

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey gang...

Its not too much of a thrilling deal, but PlanetGameCube reports that you can pre-order a copy of DDR:Mario Mix directly from Nintendo and they'll wave the shipping fees for a limited time only.

However, by calling Nintendo directly at 1-800-255-3700, interested individuals may preorder the game to be shipped directly from Nintendo. After calling the number, press 0 to be routed to a Customer Service Representative, and ask about the availability of Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.

I know there are some people still looking for this, so I guess it's something to consider at least...

As a side note, the Sears near me got in 2 copies recently -- bought 1, was told the other had sold the day before.

Looks like you still have to wait until End Feb / March for delivery. So buying to resell on ebay may not go so well, as I suspect the prices will plummet.

This is the announcement I've been waiting for. I've kept my copy of DDR Mario I got at Christmas sealed until I found out if they were making more or not. Now that I know they are, it's going on Ebay and I'll buy it back in a couple months at retail. Sweet!

Good news! Thanks for the info! I was wondering what the heck was taking Nintendo so long to get this game back out. Hopefully it will be back on store shelves soon as well!

My experiences ordering directly from Nintendo have all gone extremely well. They included free stuff a few times, and one time my order got delayed for two months and they gave it to me free as a goodwill gesture when I e-mailed them about the problem.

Cool that they are making more copies of the game, I hope once the hype dies down that maybe it will be possible to find for under MSRP (I have a difficult time wanting to pay full price for the US DDR games, because I spent so much on the Japanese DDR mixes)

Good gravy! I had no idea this game had become so valuable...

I flipped a copy of GT4 in the fall to get this for only a few dollars, and gave it to my fiance--she loves it, plus it burns a few extra calories.

I've been holding onto a sealed copy since November-ish. I'm probably going to put it up on eBay to cash in and pay off my recent game/DVD purchases. I've already put in an order for it's replacement, thanks to your head's up.

According to the MyNintendo orders page, it's "backordered" (of course), and will ship UPS. Don't think this information is consequential to anyone, but just putting it out there.

The collector in me, though, says to just keep this one because something might change, maybe for the worse. Like maybe Nintendo's new dance-pad manufacturer will be ::gasp:: MadCatz. Or maybe they'll turn the box into the/my dreaded English/French dual-language version. (Speaking of which, some crazy cannuck is selling some dual-language box versions for around $1500 starting bid on eBay!)

Heh I posted this info in the GameCube thread and apparently they're only getting 2,000 (at NOA for now) until they ship more to retailers themselves.

Does anybody know of a PS2 or USB to Gamecube adapter that would allow me to use a decent dance pad with this? The thread on PlanetGamecube mentions them no longer being made . . . which makes no sense.

Thats wierd a lot of people I know who are really really good at DDR bought the mario mix because they wanted the pad and could sell the game.

I have heard two rumours....

1. The company making the pads made them badly and Nintendo like fired them.

2. They only made a certain ammount and ran out much faster than they thought.

Which is true?

I think it's both. When it first came out, it seemed like there were problems with a lot of people's dance pads and the demand which greater than they thought it would be

Hmm...

I'm trying to figure out if I see one if I should buy it or wait until the new ones come out because I don't want a messed up pad.

I bought three during the fall months and ended up playing selling all three. Because I wanted it but i'm not crazy enough not to take advantage of more money. And I can tell you that the pads are fine. In fact people at the store told me that a lot of people who like DDR bought it just for the pad because they could sell the game for $50

The pad is fine...
People and rumors got to stop..
My xbox 360 is fine..and looks and plays great..
People lie alot and gamestop employee tells me its discountined..
Bs.. thats what we deal through in life..

I second the request for info about an adapter that is known to work. While the bundled pad works just fine, it will break down at some point and a ps2 pad will be a heck of a lot easier and cheaper to get.

Yeah, I don't think it is as simple as a normal adapter like another poster mentioned, if you look at the Stepmania web site there are a lot of adapters that don't do the job on dance pads for some reason. Anyway, I went ahead and ordered from Nintendo.

yeah , screw the b.s. i really don't trust the folks at e.b., gamestop, or any retail folk for that matter. because for whatever the reason, they just don't know what the hell is going on. i wonder if the people working in game stores are gamers at all.

Read some reviews Pad is top quality. A few reviews said it would outlive you're console. And my cube is my one system thats never had any problems. I've gone through a couple PS2's and one X-box.

By the way. My order has shipped. Yay.

02/08/06 order placed. I'll keep you guys updated if you want.

I just called them to place my order. They have a little over 200 unit available right now. The Nintendo rep said mine might even ship out today.

Thanks OP!

I'll wait until this gets into retail stores. I'm surprised orders are actually shipping; they're still going for around $120 on eBay.

I just called and ordered one for $49.99 + free shipping...I'm sorry but that's a pretty good deal considering what it's going for. The guy I talked to took all my info. and said that it would most likely ship by the end of the week UPS Ground. So, yea this is actually a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Looking through this topic, it appears retailers will get this game in stock. Is this still true?[/QUOTE]
The lady that took my order said that retailers will get it some time in April. But with free shipping, why wait over a month when you can order one now? They're located in Washington, so I may receive mine by Friday!

Just ordered. Free shipping no problem. She did ask me where I heard about it, and I said "I read it on the internet."

Good deal at $49.99, Thanks OP.

Hey, heads up though... If they ask you where you heard, please give a nod to PlanetGameCube - it's a great site and perhaps NoA will swing extra advertising their way... :)

I need another one for the extra pad, but I think I'll wait till DDR Mario Mix is back instock at the local B&M stores.

[quote name='Dkellar']I need another one for the extra pad, but I think I'll wait till DDR Mario Mix is back instock at the local B&M stores.[/QUOTE]
You could just order the pad for $25 shipped from the Nintendo store. I have a Nintendo pad and two Mad Catz pads, but I'll probably get a second Nintendo pad for Mario DDR at some point. Just need the Mad Catz pads for MC Groovz, since Nintendo's only has 4 directions.

Just ordered one. Thanks OP. I actually came across one a few weeks ago but passed as the box and contents were smushed. I didn't want to take a chance on getting a defective game or pad.

[quote name='drsuper23']Just ordered one. Thanks OP. I actually came across one a few weeks ago but passed as the box and contents were smushed. I didn't want to take a chance on getting a defective game or pad.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully UPS doesnt damage the game(crush box) while delivering it. I guess this depends if Nintendo packs it well.

[quote name='addicted2games']same here[/QUOTE]

I put an order for two about 3 weeks ago and both have been shipped...Ebay here we come...heheheh...Flame away...

[quote name='larry6171']I put an order for two about 3 weeks ago and both have been shipped...Ebay here we come...heheheh...Flame away...[/QUOTE]
Good luck. You and a ton of other people will be doing the same thing. The price will sink like a rock. I'll be playing my copy.

I listed them on ebay with a Buy it now price of $110..They sold very quickly. Not bad..a little over $100 profit..I already have two that my kids use. The pads are pretty good...

Bought 2.. I asked the guy If i could buy more than one and he said he doesnt think so because they only had a few left to ship but I said "pweeetttyy pleaseee" in a really childish voice and gave me 2, wow didnt think that would work. lol

bread's done
Back