XBOX 360 - Top Spin 2 (free 3 day shipping) / Dynasty Warriors 5 - $40

[quote name='RandyTsai']do they charge your credit card when you order or when they ship?[/QUOTE]

Ship, I think, but they honor price mistakes.

I think GameSTOP.com has the same price on DW5 (I cannot check from work though)

So, any FREE shipping or anything like that. I guess the codes are only for USED, right?

The last DW game i got was #3. maybe i'll get this one, $40 is rather cheap. Ethir way, thanks for the heads up OP.

Gamespot.com still has Top Spin 2 listed for $59.99. I hope ebgames honors the price if it's a mistake. I'll give it a shot.

amazon has top spin 2 at $59.99... in for one for pre-order... $45 with tax/shipping... still a good deal...

Pulled the trigger on Top Spin 2; I spent like half an hour figuring what PS1 game to add for free shipping only to find out you couldn't apply saver free shipping to a preorder.

I ordered both. As mentioned by others I can always cancel the order before they are released.

I have not played DW in a while and would be fun to see how many characters they can get on screen and what the graphics look like.

[quote name='flybrione']
I have not played DW in a while and would be fun to see how many characters they can get on screen and what the graphics look like.[/QUOTE]

Probably the same shitty graphics they've been using for the last 15 games.

[quote name='Roufuss']Probably the same shitty graphics they've been using for the last 15 games.[/QUOTE]

I hope they do something similar to 99 Nights but we will see. I heard that that looks fantastic actually being played, not just from screen shots.

funny thing (well not so funny) is the game mfg pricing tacktics have worked. by launching all the 360 games at $10 more when we see a price like $40 we are like wow ...

remember when 2k games released xbox NFL and NHL for $20?

That DW game is not the traditional type. It is the Empires version, which isn't really a bad thing per se. It will basically be a sequel to DW4: Empires for the PS2 that was released at $30. It is more strategy driven where you control an empire. The battles are not as diversified as in normal DW games.

Dynasty Warriors 5 (includes Dynasty Warriors 5 Extreme Legend + Graphic upgrade and more mission) for $40 is steal DEAL. Hope it goes down $20 when the time PS3 coming out and that's perfect time to get XBOX 360 :)

[quote name='clueless']funny thing (well not so funny) is the game mfg pricing tacktics have worked. by launching all the 360 games at $10 more when we see a price like $40 we are like wow ...

remember when 2k games released xbox NFL and NHL for $20?[/QUOTE]

Yet the 2K games on the 360 are $60 that look and play like crap but the EA games look and play great (but are stripped down) but still get pooped on from gamers. I am yet to have a game of NHL 2k not freeze up @ the end of the game, so it whent back to gamefly (I'm glad I didn't buy this game because I almost bought it 2 different times.)

Awesome news. This means when these games are out we can expect more $40 titles down the road. I don't mind spending $60 on the AAA titles, but sports games need to be a bit lower.

[quote name='flybrione']I ordered both. As mentioned by others I can always cancel the order before they are released.[/QUOTE]

Did the same.

for people who preordered both, did you place 2 orders or did you place 1 to save on shipping? (they have different release dates, that's why i am asking this)

Thanks for the news OP, I didn't order them, but if they are released at that price I will end up buying them when they come out. Hopefully other stores will have them on sale or something.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Awesome news. This means when these games are out we can expect more $40 titles down the road. I don't mind spending $60 on the AAA titles, but sports games need to be a bit lower.[/QUOTE]

I honestly get the most replayability with SPORTS games. I know a new one comes out each year, but I'll put endless hours in them with franchise and what not.

Test Drive is now $49.99 on EBGAMES.com. That MIGHT be the real price though...not sure.

If Top Spin ends up being $40, it's because it's not a mainstream sports game. I don't see the prices ever dropping for big 3 sports fresh out of the gates anytime soon. Now most sports have one exclusive maker so there won't be that whole EA/2Kx price war and no real incentive to drop the price since most sports fans upgrade every year.

I agree with what doubledown said, the most replayablility comes from sports games with online shooters being a close 2nd only because it requires other people. Every year i've happily handed money to EA for the newest college and pro football, college and pro basketball, baseball and now boxing games.

[quote name='mackaikai']for people who preordered both, did you place 2 orders or did you place 1 to save on shipping? (they have different release dates, that's why i am asking this)[/QUOTE]

I'm debating whether to do this or not, and just tried checkout to see about shipping. If you order TOP SPIN alone the ship is $2.45 (they won't let you combine it with a used SAVER order), then there's tax, so it's over $45 all told per-title, individually, I believe. Still better than $60, but not as sweet as it used to be, sadly....and I think I'm going to pass. Not that there's a huge dividing line between $45 and $40, but that threshold somehow sends up a flag for me...don't ask why :)

[quote name='spoo']Yet the 2K games on the 360 are $60 that look and play like crap but the EA games look and play great (but are stripped down) but still get pooped on from gamers. I am yet to have a game of NHL 2k not freeze up @ the end of the game, so it whent back to gamefly (I'm glad I didn't buy this game because I almost bought it 2 different times.)[/QUOTE]

You'd have more success spreading these lies if people weren't able to download demos of EA's sports games for free. Everyone knows that they're total rubbish.

[quote name='JCDenton']You'd have more success spreading these lies if people weren't able to download demos of EA's sports games for free. Everyone knows that they're total rubbish.[/QUOTE]
This is not the time or place for this;
But I should state that I liked NBA Live over NBA 2K6, and I was very pissed @ the time I posted my op at NHL 2K6 since after EVERY game I had to reset since the game froze every time at the end of a game. NHL 2K6 would flash "Loading" and would never load promptly at the end of a game. I had to use the Xbox button go to dashboard then restart the game. I couldn't play a season so why should it mater that it is in the game if I can't play one. I know the EA sport games are stripped and it is inexcusable but at least they were overhauled new games (not Tiger Woods) not the same game on current consoles with a new fresh look (the same thing all the EA bashers have been bashing EA for in the past.) Madden is great and I can't wait for next years and I hope they add everything they took out.

With NHL 2K6 it is the same game no it is less of a game since it freezes on me every game and here is the kicker it cost [/b]$40 more[/b] then the one on the Xbox or PS2. (If EA charged $40 more the fanboys would have a hayday but not a one brings it up for the 2K series.)

I was excited about Top Spin 2 since it was announced at E3 as a launch title and it was on top of my launch list but after NHL. I will not preorder it, I will rent it first now.

Sorry for the rant.

Back on topic: I hope this price for TS2 is no indication on the quality of the game.

just switched my preorder from ebgames to gamestop and saved a few bucks using freeshipall. if the msrp is indeed 39.99 then im just going to cancel it.

Yeah, that's DW5: *EMPIRES*. It's a cheapy release, like the DW expansion packs. It'll be available for the PS2 for $30. NOT Dynasty Warriors 5 special edition. They're still charging ten dollars more for it than all other versions.

[quote name='flybrione']I can confirm that in-store pre-order price for both of these titles at gamestop is $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll be preordering soon.

bread's done
Back