Best Xbox Live Compatible Router

BackInBlack

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just wondering what router works the best for Xbox Live. The one i have now gives me trouble joining friends games because its NAT setting is on very strict. I was wondering what routers any of you use and which routers won't give me this problem. The router i have Dlink DI 604 is XBL compatible and still is strict. I am looking to get a new router that doesnt have these strict settings, so if any of you have a router that gives you no trouble connecting: Ex. To peoples parties on Halo 2: let me know what router you have. Thanks a bunch.

Linksys WRT54G seems to work fine for me. Though apparently there's a problem w/ some older firmware, I don't know, maybe someone can fill you in on that. No problems for me though.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Linksys WRT54G seems to work fine for me. Though apparently there's a problem w/ some older firmware, I don't know, maybe someone can fill you in on that. No problems for me though.[/QUOTE]
I have the Linksys WRT54G also and it works great. I have the older firmware on mine but all you have to do is turno off the UnPn on the router settings to off and it works great.

I have the lynksys wrt55AG, with the new firmware upgrade it has worked like a charm. I had to get the A along with the G for the Media Center to work. Now streaming music and pics off the computer to the xbox is a breeze.

get a netgear WGU624 it has A+G Protocols. it has the xbox live and media center certified sticker. You can get a refurbished one for like 40 bucks from froogle. im gonna get this as soon as i get a chance.

I've got a Microsoft MN-700 Wireless router (but its hooked up to a wired port via ethernet cable). I've never had any issues, but considering both products are made by the same company, that's not a real surprise.

I've read the D-Link DGL-4300 is the best wireless gaming router available, but its $130 and you have to turn off the Dynamic Defragmentation when using Xbox Live which reduces its effectiveness.

bread's done
Back