wanna see something harsh? Ha Ha Ha America

Haha... were there actually any "missteps" that they harangued us about, or is it just repeating that China is bigger than us? I couldn't watch more than a few minutes, even though it was amusing. I want prosperity tit!

I am somewhat worried about China though, if they have lady detectives with swollen testicles.

[quote name='the3rdkey']China needs a better translater.[/QUOTE]

it's meant to be that way. basically they're saying, how are we going to speak chinese once china is the dominant economic force and language in the world.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']it's meant to be that way. basically they're saying, how are we going to speak chinese once china is the dominant economic force and language in the world.[/QUOTE]
While I suppose it's possible, China is going to need to make some changes if they want to be anything but .9999 billion poverty-class workers and 100,000 citizens with true wealth.

A country with a self-created crisis in terms of gender imbalance has little room to throw stones. Also, good luck finding oil.

oil. mobil exxon posted the largest profit ever in the history of the US. that's fuking bull shit. corporate ass holes. the consolatory thing is, though, that those fukers will go down the drain in twenty or so years.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']the consolatory thing is, though, that those fukers will go down the drain in twenty or so years.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not really. I asked someone I know who works in the oil field, and he isn't worried about the need decreasing at all. Cars will lower their depoendence, but there's always a need for oil. I believe most of it is used for other projects anyway, and that cars are in the limelight because it's an easier target to attack. Heating, electricity, byproducts, etc. Those are the moneymakers, and they won't stop for a loooooooong while.

Now, 40-50 years from now? Yea, THEN we'll see who's boss. But by then all of those idiots will be dead and their coke addicted spoiled kids will splurge their inheritence. It's something to think about.

I wonder if anyone could sit through the whole thing (without being paid to). I watched 10 minutes of it then skimmed around. This is what I came away with: China has more people than the US and Chinese people have nothing better to do than sit around wrapping cat5 all day.

It's almost like whoever made this was doing it to poke fun at China instead of promote it.

So, I actually watched the entire thing. Here is the jist of it....
1. China has more people than us (big flipping deal).
2. China has a represive communist government that keeps wages so low that it is cheaper to hire a chinese citizen than to hire a robot.
3. China has built an economy based on money from the U.S. I'm not sure what they'll do when we fail (as the director says we will), perhaps england can afford to buy the quantity of crap from them that we do.
4. China has, at least several, people who don't have the good common sense not to bite the hand that feeds them.

I was, though, disturbed by the statistic concerning money owed by the U.S. to China.

"...the borrower is servant to the lender." Proverbs 22:7

I know this is a long post (sorry) but I was curious as to the facts concerning the health of the US economy versus the Chinese. Here are some pertinent statistics I drug up.

Gross Domestic Product (GDP), a calculation method in national accounting is defined as the total value of final goods and services produced within a country's borders in a year, regardless of ownership. It may be used as one of many indicators of the standard of living in a country,

Country
% of Global GDP / % of World Population

USA
32.9% / 4.65%

Japan
13.4% / 2.09%

Germany
6.0% / 1.36%

Britain
4.6% / 0.99%

France
4.2% / 0.97%

China
3.7% / 20.84%

Italy
3.5% / 0.95%

Canada
2.3% / 0.51%

Mexico
2.0% / 1.62%

Spain
1.9% / 0.65%

Gross National Product (GNP) is the total value of final goods and services produced in a year by a country's nationals (including profits from capital held abroad). All monetary statistics below are listed in the currency exchange rate as provided by the World Bank)

GNP Top 10 (2004)

Source: World Bank
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Bank
Country - GNP ($ mill)

1 United States - $12,150,930

2 Japan - $4,749,910

3 Germany - $2,488,974

4 United Kingdom - $2,016,393

5 France - $1,858,731

6 China - $1,676,846

7 Italy - $1,503,562

8 Canada - $905,629

9 Spain - $875,817

10 Mexico - $703,080

nice research. china's definitely got a lot of catching up to do if it plans to be dominant. per capita income i'm positive could never reach our or europe's level.

i did some further research, and found:

China
Budget:
revenues: $392.1 billion
expenditures: $424.3 billion, including capital expenditures of NA (2005 est.)
Public debt:
28.8% of GDP (2005 est.)

US
Budget:
revenues: $2.119 trillion
expenditures: $2.466 trillion, including capital expenditures of NA (2005 est.)
Public debt:
64.7% of GDP (2005 est.)

our deficit from expenditures every year is almost as much as china's revenues. kind of similar to the analogy in the film, china's estimated population, plus or minus the US population.

also,

China
Oil - production:
3.504 million bbl/day (2004)
Oil - consumption:
6.391 million bbl/day (2004)

US
Oil - production:
7.61 million bbl/day (2005 est.)
Oil - consumption:
20.03 million bbl/day (2003 est.)

bread's done