Has anyone gone to CC today 7/5?

Pizzicato Five

CAGiversary!
Was the deal still on? Where all the games pulled? Any info? This was the BEST cheap ass deal I ever got on thanks to Cheap Ass Gamer. Got so many games I wanted plus Moto GP2 for XBOX for only $4.99!

I just got back from CC in Middletown, NY. I got there with my CAG list and started fingering through the xbox games. I had three in my hand when one of the employees came up to me, and told me how the whole $4.99 thing was a mistake and wasn't supposed to start until the 11th. She said all the workers took the games off the shelf last night. Well, I told her the games I had in my arms were on my list and she said if they rung up at $4.99 they would honor the price.

Anyway, I picked up 3 more xbox games to add to the 9 I got yesterday. 12 games for $64 total....you can't beat that.

The Middletown, NY CC still had a lot of games on the list left on the shelfs as of 10:20 AM. You just have to finger through them. They'll honor the price if you find them.

I know I'll be lined up next Sunday at opening. Good luck to any CAGers today....just look through all the games, you'll be sure to find games on the list.

PS - check out my updated CC trade list!

The pulled games "bit" varries from store to store. More or less you have to check yourself, or check a close CAG'er to find out.

I went yesterday and they had a $4.99 bin at both the locations in my area. I got there at 10 this morning after reading about all the new markdowns. Right when I got there, the employees were pulling a single copy of each game, price scanning it, and then moving the ones that scanned at $4.99 to the bin. I was only interested in XBOX games but they only new games they moved were Gun Metal, NHL Hitz, and THawk 3. I only grabbed MLB Slugfest 2004 as I was uninterested in any of the others..

I contacted a friend of mine in NY and the clerk there said the sale wasn't supposed to start until next week and they didn't have ANY of the titles from the list..... :evil:

I went to the one in Parma Ohio. There were a few titles I recognized on the list still on the shelves. I saw two dorks with lists. I was only looking for about 4 games. I think Im done going up to CC. I'll stick to the internet deals.

Yes, I did. I picked up Moto GP 2 (XBOX), Rayman 3 (XBOX), Apex (XBOX), and Pikmin (GC). There were still a ton of games left for all 3 systems, and the three CC's I went to were all still having the $4.99 sale. None of the titles had been pulled, and none were put in a bin.

That brings my two-day total to 29 titles (no duplicate copies). Will list my games later and location if people are interested.

I just got back from the Bellevue CC in Nashville, TN and they still had some of the lesser-sought titles, but nothing too spectacular. I don't know if the good stuff (Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, etc.) had already been pulled from shelves, bought, or just never existed at all, but the employees seemed pretty clueless.

Reporting back from Altoona, PA. CC got notification this morning that they were allowed to sell the games at 5 bucks, and they have a full stock. I got..

Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Disagea (more than 5 copies here).
Rygar
DDR

In fact, most of the CC staff were unaware about it, and as I started pulling games, my cashier went and bought games along with me, he was Xbox, I was Ps2.

The Gamecube selection is slim, no PN03 or Ikagura.

Happy Hunting!

Just got back from Wichita Falls' CC and here's what I got.

Viewtiful Joe (2)
Disgaea (2)
Maximo
Mario Party 4
Chaos Legion

There were so many other $5 games there, it wasn't even funny. The store clerk couldn't believe they were so cheap but looked too tired to dispute anything.

to the last 2 posters:

both of the stores you guys went to had near full stock? is that the first time youve been, or had you gone before, and then noticed a second shipment?

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Reporting back from Altoona, PA. CC got notification this morning that they were allowed to sell the games at 5 bucks, and they have a full stock. I got..

Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Rygar
DDR

In fact, most of the CC staff were unaware about it, and as I started pulling games, my cashier went and bought games along with me, he was Xbox, I was Ps2.

Happy Hunting![/quote]
What DDR? MAX or MAX2? Thanks for the info, I only saw DDR stated on the list and didn't know what one!

How are all you people still getting stuff today? I would have died for Disgaea. Today I stopped by again and I picked up the only $5 game in the entire store, which was Pikmin. Although I did see a suspicious pile of games behind the customer service counter, so some stuff could have been pulled.

[quote name='Graystone']I went early this moring when they opend at 10 they had only one of the games on the list and it rang up regular price. SOB!!!!!!![/quote]

Damn, that really sucks man. But there are a lot of people here who are willing to help ya out.

My CC in College Station, TX is still having the sale. I picked up another 8 games, but mostly gifts for my nephews.

My parents are heading to Houston (major metropolitan area) to seek more games. Here's hoping they can score me some Disgaea or Rez or something.

Wait ~ someone just said MotoGP2. IS MOTO GP2 PART OF THE $4.99 DEAL?!?!

I just got back from the Bellevue CC in Nashville, TN and they still had some of the lesser-sought titles, but nothing too spectacular. I don't know if the good stuff (Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, etc.) had already been pulled from shelves, bought, or just never existed at all, but the employees seemed pretty clueless.

Thanks, you just saved me an hour and a half trip.

I just got back from the circuit city, on West Broad St. Columbus Ohio. I found a few games for my son, like Jimmy Neutron, Rocket Power, and Hot Wheels world race. They was another guy their with a list he said he heard it from vg talk. 7/5

went this morning, same stuff that was there before, and with my new list some were unmarked..... but nothing was recalled and no one said shit

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Reporting back from Altoona, PA. CC got notification this morning that they were allowed to sell the games at 5 bucks, and they have a full stock. I got..

Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Rygar
DDR

Happy Hunting![/quote]

The Altoona, PA store was the store I was lucky enough to pick up 3 copies of REZ 2 copies of RAD and 2 copies of PDO early Sunday the 4th of July did not know the value of Disagea, so did not look for it. Went back today right after the quoted poster posted and there were none left(he did not state if he left 5 copies on the shelf or bought all 5). But as I was looking they were pulling games off the shelf and scanning them and they had a printout from the "FatWallet" site with the list of 4.99 games.

I have a question and if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

Next Sunday (when the deal starts...again), I will be on vacation in Destin, Florida. Could anyone who lives there, or near there, tell me of any Circuit City stores around that general area?

TIA.

[quote name='PopcornBandit']I have a question and if anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

Next Sunday (when the deal starts...again), I will be on vacation in Destin, Florida. Could anyone who lives there, or near there, tell me of any Circuit City stores around that general area?

TIA.[/quote]

www.circuitcity.com >> store locator

Fixing to go check out the Beaumont, TX store right now, but I doubt they'll have anything left. After my first haul yesterday, I went back about 10 minutes before closing and picked up the last copy of Jedi Outcast. They had some others too, but I didn't have time to look through them all.

I went to the Daytona Beach, FL. Circuit City this morning and got the last copies of Alien vs Predator Extinction and Spy Hunter 2 for xbox. They had none of the GC games listed and no other xbox games.

All games are gone in the Portland/Metro, Oregon area. There were a few really old ones (PSOne games, Fantavision, misc. junk) in the bins at a few stores, the other stores said they had pulled stock until next Sunday.

Checked out the CC in Falls Church, VA this morning. Not much left: Pikmin, Haunted Mansion, Black & Bruised, Pryzm, Rayman 3, (you get the picture). A very helpful guy offered to look up some prices. He said Xenosaga was $4.99 but I didn't confirm. He also mentioned that a complete list would be available tomorrow, possibly on the CC website. He didn't expect them to get anything else in.

I just got back from my second trip to CC and came home empty handed, unfortunately. Yesterday I managed to pickup only Grabbed by the Ghoulies and ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4 (Xbox).

Hey I know there's other Raleigh/Triangle area CAG on here, I just wanna know what our stores around here are like. Mainly just looking for Suikoden 3 (thats on the list right? i dont feel like looking...) and some GBA stuff. Somebody post/PM me if ya dont mind.

I just got back from CC and they pulled all the games. They said they knew about it yesterday and one guys job for the day was to get every game and ring them up. But they couldn't use a hand gun thingy, they had to bring every one up to the register and check it. He said some guy had about 20 of them and the cashier said he can't sell them to the guy. So he took them all and put them in the back. He said they open at 11:00 Sunday and I should get there when they open. You damn skippy I'll be there.

Eh - I went to the CC in Woodbridge, NJ.

Not a single game from the list there. Many others with lists there as well. One guy looked like he found a couple, but I found none. :(

Did they really pull them?

Circuit City in Richmond, Bay Area CA has pulled their games and said sale starts on the 11th. I didn't personally go (got my games saturday night) but when I told my friends on sunday one got in early and got 4 games while the rest came in later and were denied.

Friend also said he saw a guy with a list there from CAG, didn't catch his SN though.

i went to the local store today and there was next to nothing, other than a few overweight men with lists trying to find some leftovers.

the employee i talked to said theres a chance the sale wont even run in next weeks ad since the entire store has been cleaned out...

[quote name='brassguy04']anyone go to a NJ one? I'll give details later.[/quote]

The two I went to were Freehold and New Brunswick. There's one down in Woodbridge, Eatontown and Bricktown, but I'm not driving over an hour, no matter what they have. Especially when they most likely have nothing at all. However, since I may be going to CT next Sunday when the sale officially starts, I'm going to consider making detours on my trip up.

Naples, FL CC still had as much as they had yesterday and they seemed to not even know that the games were that cheap when I had them price check them. I ended up getting Dark Cloud 2, Bloody Roar 4, Megaman: Network Transmission, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies and when I asked the lady to price check them she said "They're $4.99, surpisingly" and I left happy. :D

Went to the one on Brice Road in Columbus, OH. Not a lot left, the people working there were too busy putting stuff back for themselves. All I ended up picking up was Wipeout Fusion (PS2), and the Universal Studios game for the Cube. It was kind of funny, because I forgot myu list, so the guy behind the counter let me use his. They still had a couple games left, but not a lot.

There were two of us digging through the shelves, picking games out for each other...I'm hoping they had pulled some stuff, and there will be more this weekend.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I may check out my CC tonight.

Were the games marked as $5?[/quote]

At my CC, only the Gamecube games were marked for the $4.99 ones. The rest I used my list to find and if they had the games, they were marked at regular price but rang up as $4.99.

As usual I found out about this deal too late.

Everything worthwhile was already gone or hopefully just pulled until Sunday as someone mentioned. I really wanted Viewtiful Joe but it might have been gone, there were a couple of blank spots where games should have been so someone got there before me I'm guessing.

They had Beyond Good and Evil (PS2), and a ton of Billy Hatcher's, but I decided to skip on them as I already have BGE.

bread's done
Back