Perfect example of non-contributing CAG hoarder

hohndog

CAGiversary!
In the past 2 days, I've visited 3 CC stores in my area. For the most part, it was a pleasant experience. I met a few other CAG and Fat Wallet members and compared lists and finds, discussed games and shared the wealth. I also met a few really cool CC employees who pointed out games on the list. These were the pleasant experiences. I also saw my share of hoarding losers. I know everyone has heard this before, many times. But there's a point to this post.

Sitting at my computer this morning, I decided to take a peek in the eBay listings for all of those copies of Disgaea and MP4 that the hoarders had to have listed already. The example I found was from a CAG member named FISHEPA. Here is his member profile. A relatively new member joining March 2004. Since joining, this member has contributed absolutely NOTHING to our community. And I'm not just talking about submitting deals. No interaction in any way. Here are FISHEPA's current eBay listings. Wow, 2 copies of Disgaea and 3 copies of MP4.

I guess what really bothers me about this whole ordeal is that we have CAG members in our community that really aren't members. They are here for one purpose. To take advantage of our deals. I think there should be some kind of requirement for contributing to this community. Post a deal, discuss a game or an experience. Just contribute something, anything. I'm sure there are CAG members that have been here longer than FISHEPA that have also contributed nothing. In my example, I just find it disturbing that a member of almost 4 months has contributed nothing, but walks away with 5 copies of the most sought after games in this CC deal.

if you want to be an ass ... sign up for a new ebay name, bid $100 for each title. then not pay. you'll get negative feedback on your name, but you dont care do you?

...quit it. seriously, just quit it. First off, WRONG BOARD.

Second: By complaining, do you think your adding anything to CAG? Seriously, there are a billion CC threads, and you actually went and did research to make another one.

Third (why am i numbering these?...):He could have gotten the list from FW, DealRush, VGtalk...anywhere...hell, he could have found them on his own.

WHO THE HELL CARES!!? Do you live by him? Are you directly effected? Did he bitch slap you and take the games out of your hands?

Sorry for being a dick, but these threads showing off how good "you" are, are really freaking annoying.

thats not hoarding, this is hoarding

games.jpg

Those arent mine and i dont even really know where their from. I didnt even get a chance to go to curcuit city :oops: :( And i only picked up 2 games at bestbuy (one of which i sold to someone here for cost+shipping) My bestbuy had quite a decent amount of games too, i could have spent 200 buck easily

Unfortunatly there are more users than there are deals. If you were to insitute that policy CAG would become a tiny elitest personal forum with about 30 members.

only solution, get there right when they open, beat down everybody in your way to get the games you want, get there before the hoarder and get your game. Nothing in life is fair, CAG and cheapass deals are no different. A harder solution, but still viable, move to a small town, I live in a small town, 1 CC, no other CAGs or fatwalleter, free run of the place, good times.

OP, and all the other posters posting their posts about post-CC sale blues, you gotta roll with it. I got exactly zero games out of this deal and I'm not complaining at all, because 1) I know there will be other deals down the line, 2) the majority of people who got this deal weren't dicks about it and only took the games they'd play and 3) karma will catch up with all the people who abused the sale for personal gain. So let it go, everything evens out in the end. Be like him:

lebowski.jpg

...nothing in life is fair.....

Goddammit, we need some communism to make sure everyone gets their fair share of deals!

YES! to each according to his NEED for games !!

WORKERS AND SLACKERS UNITE FOR VIDEO GAME RATIONING !!

Blame CC for not imposing a limit on games.

If there were 10 copies of PSO at my local CC, would I take one and hope the next guy would only take one as well? Chances are, the next guy would buy up the rest. So I'm entitled to the games as much as the next guy.

hohn: Yeah it sucks but there really nothing you can do about it. I suppose when you have blatant evidence like that you could IP ban someone or something drastic so they can't view the site, but it opens up a whole can of worms.

p0tempkin, Yes you're entitled to buy all those copies as much as the next guy. You have every right to do what you want with those. I'm annoyed when people do that, come back here bragging that they bought multiple stock and that they're selling them on eBay or trying to sell them back here at a profit.

I met a few FatWallet people today as well. They were really awesome. They went and took out the entire l00t of Cheap Ass goodness in the XBOX section. I was just picking out all the PS2 games I can play. I had some fun with them. SHowed them a few games that they missed. It was all good fun. :D

hohndog,

The next time there is a sale, please post the rules beforehand. I was unaware of the requirement to actually post on CAG prior to making my purchases. That would be a fascinating and informative forum, full of thousands of tales about Babbage's, Gamestop, Best Buy, CC, and WalMart.

I promise to give you a 2-day head start next time. If you need more time, please let me know.

I have actually attempted to post deals I've found, but I've had the courtesy to do a search beforehand. Each and every time, another CAG member beat me to it. I appreciate their diligence, but I prefer not to post my gratitude because I think it clutters the forum. Perhaps I should express my thanks more often. I am sincerely grateful for all of the great deals I have gotten due to this site.

Now that I have posted, I assume I have permission to go and buy at least one game. Please let me know when I have clearance.

Every time there is a huge sale, some people act like they are in some elite fraternity who should have God-given exclusive rights. I feel sorry for CC employees this week. I'm sure that there is a vocal minority of gamers who believe they are actually being screwed when certain games are not in stock. I don't see how they keep their sanity, condidering all of the price-checking, stockroom searching, and complaining customers.

Perhaps you put the "member" in CAG member.

ya know.....i might suck that this happened. i know i would be angry but just be happy you got 1 game out of this. I CANT fuckING DRIVE YET!!! i got absolutly nothing out of this.........THE CLOSEST CC IS ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF AWAY!!! NO1 WANTED TO DRIVE ME THAT FAR!!! Hopefully i can get a scaned copy of a recipt and pricematch at BB..........

I agree with hohndog, people are registering here and using the deals that our members find out and just buy out every single copy. If I'm CheapyD, I delete all the accounts with zero posts and don't allow anymore people to register.

Oh cry me a river. What's up with the false sense of entitlement? Do you really thing that because a game went on sale, you deserve a copy? Yeah, it sucks that some people have to be dicks about it and hoard all the games. Is not allowing any new members on this site going to change anything? No. They'll just find the same deals on other sites. Welcome to the Internet age. Information travels whether or not you think only an elite few should have it.

[quote name='p0tempkin']Blame CC for not imposing a limit on games.

If there were 10 copies of PSO at my local CC, would I take one and hope the next guy would only take one as well? Chances are, the next guy would buy up the rest. So I'm entitled to the games as much as the next guy.[/quote]

CC didn't even know what was happening until most of the stuff had flown out the door. Whether they'd planned limiting purchases for the originally intended date of the sale is a nother question.

Who the fuck cares how many copies of a game someone buys. Just deal with it. Bitching doesnt do a damn thing. Who is to say if one person didnt buy all the copies that there would be one left for you? If you raelly wanted a game, you should ahve gotten off y our ass Saturday evening and gone to CC.

Stop your whining you little bitches, the world isnt fair. CC doest revolve around you.

I bet more than half the people here that said life isn't fair and whatnot got what they wanted and got multiply copies of it.

I can bitch as much as I want. I've spent months here posting my deals, opinions, ideas, and then now a bunch of new people come and clean out all the vidoe games of a deal going on, it makes me pissed off.

I've spent many hours here on my own will, and I think I deserve to get the best out of a few deals, unlike some of the new posters here.

This is a public forum. CAG isn't run for free.

If you have free bandwidth to give to CheapyD so he can turn this site into a private forum, by all means donate it.

Otherwise, please do maybe a minute or two of research before calling for CheapyD to delete accounts and remove registration.

[quote name='BigNick']Who the shaq-fu cares how many copies of a game someone buys. Just deal with it. Bitching doesnt do a damn thing. Who is to say if one person didnt buy all the copies that there would be one left for you? If you raelly wanted a game, you should ahve gotten off y our ass Saturday evening and gone to CC.

Stop your whining you little bitches, the world isnt fair. CC doest revolve around you.[/quote]

I agree, first come first serve, sure it sucks that people bought multiple copies but thems the breaks, happens with most good deals where resell value is high.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I bet more than half the people here that said life isn't fair and whatnot got what they wanted and got multiply copies of it.

I can bitch as much as I want. I've spent months here posting my deals, opinions, ideas, and then now a bunch of new people come and clean out all the vidoe games of a deal going on, it makes me pissed off.[/quote]

You seem to have a problem dealing with things. The kings suck. I didnt get one game from the BB sale. I went the next day and there wasnt jack shit. Didnt hear me complain at all.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I bet more than half the people here that said life isn't fair and whatnot got what they wanted and got multiply copies of it.

I can bitch as much as I want. I've spent months here posting my deals, opinions, ideas, and then now a bunch of new people come and clean out all the vidoe games of a deal going on, it makes me pissed off.[/quote]

why is everyone so angry about this sale? whoudlnt we be happy we can get games for cheap? come on people theres no point to fighting or singling out a person and telling the board they are bad. you guys need to grow up a little ^^

[quote name='p0tempkin']This is a public forum. CAG isn't run for free.

If you have free bandwidth to give to CheapyD so he can turn this site into a private forum, by all means donate it.

Otherwise, please do maybe a minute or two of research before calling for CheapyD to delete accounts and remove registration.[/quote]

It's just a suggestion. There are already 20+ people on the message board at any one time, more would make CheapyD need to spend more money on bandwith.

[quote name='BigNick']You seem to have a problem dealing with things. The kings suck. I didnt get one game from the BB sale. I went the next day and there wasnt jack shit. Didnt hear me complain at all.[/quote]

Listen, your so fucking annoying. Shut the fuck up with your "Kings suck." You bring it up just because you don't know what to say you fucking prick.

I could careless what you got and what you didn't. I can complain all I want. Ask p0tempkin, "This is a public forum." I can voice my opinion on anything, and I say that there are a lot of greedy ass bastards, and many of them post here.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='p0tempkin']This is a public forum. CAG isn't run for free.

Otherwise, please do maybe a minute or two of research before calling for CheapyD to delete accounts and remove registration.[/quote]

It's just a suggestion. There are already 20+ people on the message board at any one time, more would make CheapyD need to spend more money on bandwith.

[quote name='BigNick']You seem to have a problem dealing with things. The kings suck. I didnt get one game from the BB sale. I went the next day and there wasnt jack shit. Didnt hear me complain at all.[/quote]

Listen, your so shaq-fuing annoying. Shut the shaq-fu up with your "Kings suck." You bring it up just because you don't know what to say you shaq-fuing prick.

I could careless what you got and what you didn't. I can complain all I want. Ask p0tempkin, "This is a public forum." I can voice my opinion on anything, and I say that there are a lot of greedy ass bastards, and many of them post here.[/quote]

Aren't you the same guy who got his mom to do the dirty work on a wal mart scam. Karma is a bitch ain't it.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I bet more than half the people here that said life isn't fair and whatnot got what they wanted and got multiply copies of it.

why is everyone so angry about this sale? whoudlnt we be happy we can get games for cheap? come on people theres no point to fighting or singling out a person and telling the board they are bad. you guys need to grow up a little ^^[/quote]

Yeah, I guess your right. I'm just pissed off people that have been here for months don't get the best out of the deal whereas people that don't even contribute go out and buy multiply copies of the same game.

[quote name='billyknoxville']Aren't you the same guy who got his mom to do the dirty work on a wal mart scam. Karma is a bitch ain't it.[/quote]

There are no Walmarts where I live, so you must be thinking about the Target. Oh, and how can it be a scam, I did what I'm allowing to using the Target policy.

[quote name='"punqsux']why is everyone so angry about this sale? whoudlnt we be happy we can get games for cheap? come on people theres no point to fighting or singling out a person and telling the board they are bad. you guys need to grow up a little ^^[/quote]

man, you are absolutely right.
I'm happy as a pig in shit that i got as many games as i did!! everyone else should be too.

To clarify: to those of you who have seen my topic about my CC experience, I'm sorry I started it to begin with. I sure didn't mean to cause such a ruckus! Happy now? Its not worth arguing over. I deleted all my posts about it, and am moving on. Lets all just make PEACE.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='p0tempkin']This is a public forum. CAG isn't run for free.

Listen, your so shaq-fuing annoying. Shut the shaq-fu up with your "Kings suck." You bring it up just because you don't know what to say you shaq-fuing prick.

I could careless what you got and what you didn't. I can complain all I want. Ask p0tempkin, "This is a public forum." I can voice my opinion on anything, and I say that there are a lot of greedy ass bastards, and many of them post here.[/quote]

LMAO. I dont know what to say, I think I said it in my previous posts.

KINGS SUCK

Hey buttmunch, the biggest people that "rip off" this site don't even bother to register to be users! I'm willing to bet you that active posters here are only about 10-20% of the people that visit the site. Message board posters are always in the minority. That's why you see threads with 1,000+ views that only have 50 or so replies.

Far more people visit this site than post here. Grow up and deal with it.

[quote name='billyknoxville']Aren't you the same guy who got his mom to do the dirty work on a wal mart scam. Karma is a bitch ain't it.[/quote]

There are no Walmarts where I live, so you must be thinking about the Target. Oh, and how can it be a scam, I did what I'm allowing to using the Target policy.

so abusing a raincheck system by telling your mom to get 5 rainchecks is ok. Buying games that are on sale 4.99 is not fine. hmmm..

[quote name='billyknoxville'][quote name='billyknoxville']Aren't you the same guy who got his mom to do the dirty work on a wal mart scam. Karma is a bitch ain't it.[/quote]

so abusing a raincheck system by telling your mom to get 5 rainchecks is ok. Buying games that are on sale 4.99 is not fine. hmmm..[/quote]

He is a Kings fan, what do you expect? He isnt very smart.

[quote name='BigNick']LMAO. I dont know what to say, I think I said it in my previous posts.

KINGS SUCK[/quote]

PHIL JACKSON BLEW IT. KOBE HAS A HUGE EGO AND IS A RAPIST. SHAQ IS FAT. MALONE AND PAYTON DIDN'T GET TO WIN A RING. OH, AND LAKERS GOT 0WN3D BY THE PISTONS. HAHAHA

[quote name='billyknoxville']so abusing a raincheck system by telling your mom to get 5 rainchecks is ok. Buying games that are on sale 4.99 is not fine. hmmm..[/quote]

How did I abuse the damn raincheck system? People were actually selling them. Don't live in the past, move on buddy.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='billyknoxville'][quote name='billyknoxville']Aren't you the same guy who got his mom to do the dirty work on a wal mart scam. Karma is a bitch ain't it.[/quote]

so abusing a raincheck system by telling your mom to get 5 rainchecks is ok. Buying games that are on sale 4.99 is not fine. hmmm..[/quote]

He is a Kings fan, what do you expect? He isnt very smart.[/quote]

with the money sacremento spends on webber, they should spend on education and teaching kids about the caps lock key.

[quote name='organicow']man, you are absolutely right.
I'm happy as a pig in shit that i got as many games as i did!! everyone else should be too.

To clarify: to those of you who have seen my topic about my CC experience, I'm sorry I started it to begin with. I sure didn't mean to cause such a ruckus! Happy now? Its not worth arguing over. I deleted all my posts about it, and am moving on. Lets all just make PEACE.[/quote]

Well put. I'm pretty sure any bitching that anyone could do about this deal has been said before, and said multiple times, over the past two days on these boards. Nobody's going to be 100% happy - nobody ever is, not from any of these deals. There'll be another $5 deal.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='BigNick']LMAO. I dont know what to say, I think I said it in my previous posts.

KINGS SUCK[/quote]

PHIL JACKSON BLEW IT. KOBE HAS A HUGE EGO AND IS A RAPIST. SHAQ IS FAT. MALONE AND PAYTON DIDN'T GET TO WIN A RING. OH, AND LAKERS GOT 0WN3D BY THE PISTONS. HAHAHA

[quote name='billyknoxville']so abusing a raincheck system by telling your mom to get 5 rainchecks is ok. Buying games that are on sale 4.99 is not fine. hmmm..[/quote]

How did I abuse the damn raincheck system? People were actually selling them. Don't live in the past, move on buddy.[/quote]

Hey atleast the lakers made it to the finals, more than what can be said about the kings. You are an idiot, you need to lear to deal with it. Go get some Zanex or something. Your probasbly have ADD or something.

I bought quite a bit from the cc i hit. After all was said and done, i have more games to trade than i do to keep from that deal. Ill buy extras if it helps me use them as trade bait to get the ones i do want and missed out on. Whoopty doooooo..At the same time ive only come across one person here that was straight across the board with me and sold me something at what they paid plus shipping. that person has first dibs with anything i get, and gets the same treatment he gave me. Alot of the others want inflated shipping etc etc etc..I dont complain, i just move along. Kinda like people that get the shitty titles, like me, yet want disgaea in return for agressive inline..there are 4 games that i missed out on and want bad. Yet people look at the "cash value" regardless youmight be helping someone out vs. your own gain. So because the ones i got, even though someone may need one, wont trade cause they pull the my game is worth more than yours even though we both paid the same amount and even though we could help each other out on our personal collection of games i gotta get more attitude.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL'][quote name='BigNick']LMAO. I dont know what to say, I think I said it in my previous posts.

KINGS SUCK[/quote]

How did I abuse the damn raincheck system? People were actually selling them. Don't live in the past, move on buddy.[/quote]

Hey atleast the lakers made it to the finals, more than what can be said about the kings. You are an idiot, you need to lear to deal with it. Go get some Zanex or something. Your probasbly have ADD or something.[/quote]

Lakers time has come and gone, even though it was all a scam, but now there future is nothing now. Kings time hasn't come yet...

Lessons learned from this sale.
1. Everyone in the world is a selfish asshole.
2. Some people are less selfish assholes than others.
3. CC posts are boring, whiny affairs. On both sides. The counter bitching is just as whiny as the whining was to begin with.
4.If things aren't better by tomorrow morning, I think I may take a brief couple of day hiatus from the site for this idiocy to blow over.

[quote name='JSweeney']4.If things aren't better by tomorrow morning, I think I may take a brief couple of day hiatus from the site for this idiocy to blow over.[/quote]

I'm way ahead of your thinking there, but the sale starts again sunday and this probably will again too. At this point "Circuit City" has lost all meaning to me.

Worst pricks ever: 2 guys went to a CC near me and bought $500 worth of games to resell. Nothing left. They should be hung for real. Is it really worth being a prick to everyone else just to make a few bucks? On the bright side I met alot of really nice people. One guy gave me a game I wanted that he was holding and later on I returned the favor to someone else. I shared the list with everyone I saw who was looking for games and people pointed out stuff to me that they knew about before the list was comprehensive. This sale has really shown the best and worst in people I think. Anyway I'd like to point out again that those dudes should be hung.

I'm hung.
Oh wait, that's not what he meant.

:)

You've got to be careful there. Using prick and hung in a sentence could yield wierd results.... especially when using a search feature.

[quote name='JSweeney']Lessons learned from this sale.
4.If things aren't better by tomorrow morning, I think I may take a brief couple of day hiatus from the site for this idiocy to blow over.[/quote]

If only it was that easy. Admit it, you're addicted to this site like the rest of us. :wink:

[quote name='magilacudy'][quote name='JSweeney']Lessons learned from this sale.
4.If things aren't better by tomorrow morning, I think I may take a brief couple of day hiatus from the site for this idiocy to blow over.[/quote]

If only it was that easy. Admit it, you're addicted to this site like the rest of us. :wink:[/quote]

Just have to take up opium until this blows over.

[quote name='organicow']Hello. My name is Organicow, and I'm a CAG. Please help....[/quote]

Very well. Before we do this thing, are you an organ donor, sir or madam?

Blame CC for not imposing a limit on games.

If there were 10 copies of PSO at my local CC, would I take one and hope the next guy would only take one as well? Chances are, the next guy would buy up the rest. So I'm entitled to the games as much as the next guy.

They do at my CC, I think its for the best for the following reasons:

1.) Thier POS systems (Point of Sale systems, for you less edumicated people out there) only are capable of accepting 18 line items.

2.) Seperate reciepts are better for my accounting, when I shaq-fu them. (J/K I don't do that much. I just trade up for that big REZ in the sky).

3.) I don't park my car that far away, and my fat backside can use the exercise when I go back into the store.

[quote name='"sying"']Blame CC for not imposing a limit on games.

quote]

CC has no reason to care. THis isn't an ordinary promotion in which they're trying to draw shoppers into the store with a cheap come-on hopes they also buy something with more profit. This is a case of CC wanting to be rid of this stuff as quickly as possible. They want to clear space for new stuff building up to the holidays and maintain their ASP as well. This is why the prefer for items below a certain price to be distinctly marked, either by the publisher in the form of GH type packaging or by placing their own 'Super Value!' tpye of sticker on the package.

If it were just a matter of bringing people and spreading the happiness around they could have gotten just as good result by going for $10 to $15 prices and limiting per person sales. It isn't as though that sort of thing is outside of their experience. It just isn't the goal in this instance.

bread's done
Back