There is no god, Pink Panther opens #1 at the boxoffice

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Estimated ticket sales for Friday through Sunday at U.S. and Canadian theaters, according to Exhibitor Relations Co. Inc. Final figures will be released Monday.

1. "The Pink Panther," $21.7 million
2. "Final Destination 3," $20.1 million
3. "Curious George," $15.3 million
4. "Firewall," $13.8 million
5. "When a Stranger Calls," $10 million
6. "Big Momma's House 2," $6.8 million
7. "Nanny McPhee," $5.2 million
8. "Brokeback Mountain," $4.2 million
9. "Hoodwinked," $2.502 million
10. "Underworld Evolution," $2.5 million

makes me sad inside

There being no god is old news. It was confirmed two weeks ago when Big Momma's House 2 was number one.

And Curious George was a cute movie, worth seeing. My boyfriend was laughing through the whole thing, and I was laughing inside. Not bad at all for G rated movie.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think the Pink Panther looks good. Steve Martin is a very funny dude. Why all the hate?[/QUOTE]

well being that they pulled the movie from its original release date because it was so bad should say something for the quality of the film

The only movie on that entire list that ive heard good things about is Hoodwinked. I guess if people really have to go to the movies they will watch whatevers there.

It's the beginning of the year, where most of the crappy movies are released in theatres. Don't expect too much out of America's tastes.

Actually, I saw FD3 and liked it. The same creators did the first one, which I also liked, and also the better X-Files episodes (the early ones). The rest, I have to agree, are asstacular.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Well, to be fair, pink panther does look very funny in the commercials.[/QUOTE]
I second that steve martin hilarious but come on fd3 opening with $20 million you'd think death had enough of dumb kids that suddenly develop psychic powers that allow them to see people's deaths. The first one was bad enough already.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Well, to be fair, pink panther does look very funny in the commercials.[/QUOTE]
I hate to agree, I really do, but that scene where he's trying to pronounce "hamburger" cracks me up.

When the commercials first started airing I just plain hated them, but they've grown into one of those things that I love to hate (not a bad thing). Like watching a movie that's so bad it's good.

Saw Pink Panther at a screening on Thursday, and then saw FD3 on Friday. Pink Panther was an incredibly stupid, fun movie. Every once in a while a dumb movie can hit the spot.

FD3... there was not one surprise in the way people where killed. No "bus" scene from the first movie. Can't really suggest it.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Yeah, some people still enjoy a huge fuckin screen and a nice sound system[/QUOTE]

I guess I can understand that if you don't have it in your living room...

[quote name='javeryh']I guess I can understand that if you don't have it in your living room...[/QUOTE]

not everyone's a lawyer ;)

[quote name='Gameboy415']But you might NEED one if THEY find out! ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL I wasn't even thinking like that.

Nice Come Back though.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Yeah, some people still enjoy a huge fuckin screen and a nice sound system[/QUOTE]

...and cell phones ringing, and kids yelling, and people coughing, and sticky floors, and overpriced food, and...

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']To be fair, there's not a single movie worth going to see right now. People want to go see something, so something has to take it.[/QUOTE]

We just got Brokeback Mountain and there were tons of women coming to see it as well as guys that were tricked by their wives (at least until I spilled the beans and then they got pissed).

To be fair this is a kids movie and it did well with the kids. One of our employees dressed just like the inspector and sounded like him too. Also Nanny Mcphee and Curious George did phenomenally well as a family movie. I figured Final Destination would have been the #1 movie (not that it deserves it) but even Firewall did better at our theater.

[quote name='cgpwns']We just got Brokeback Mountain and there were tons of women coming to see it as well as guys that were tricked by their wives (at least until I spilled the beans and then they got pissed).

To be fair this is a kids movie and it did well with the kids. One of our employees dressed just like the inspector and sounded like him too. Also Nanny Mcphee and Curious George did phenomenally well as a family movie. I figured Final Destination would have been the #1 movie (not that it deserves it) but even Firewall did better at our theater.[/QUOTE]

The start of the second pararaph I still thought you were talking about Brokeback Mountain lol

[quote name='javeryh']People still go to the movies?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It gives you something to do with friends. But at this point it seems people will watch anything even if it's crap.

[quote name='pimpinc333']I think the Pink Panther looks good. Steve Martin is a very funny dude. Why all the hate?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='evilmax17']I hate to agree, I really do, but that scene where he's trying to pronounce "hamburger" cracks me up.[/QUOTE]

Plus Jean Reno is a badass.

I have an original Curious George dvd that I decided to put on for awhile the other night... George ate a puzzle piece and had to go get an x-ray.

[quote name='zionoverfire']As opposed to final destination 3? I wonder what happens in that one :roll:[/QUOTE]

True. No point in seeing that.

yeah, curious george has jack johnson ( a good mellow singer) in it, which did the whoel soundtrack. but im still not seeing it.

pink panther looks gay

Im realy suprised about this pink panther doesnt apeal to anyone that i knew of teenagers dont wanna see steve martin the only ones interested in the old pink panther movies would be in there 40s and they dont bring in ticket sales.

I figured curious george would take this final destination 3 from what i hear is a snooze its just people lined up dying one at a time with nothing new to ad .

I also wanted to ad that the pink panther commertial looks very corny and I dont see how anyone over 12 would find it funny.:drool:

I saw Firewall yesterday. It's was pretty damn decent. The new "Get off my plane!" line is "I'm goin' to find my dog!"

Let's all wait for the day that Snakes on a Plane brings a new type of dignity to the film industry. I can't wait for the day it is released.

Pink Panther has Beyonce Knowles (who really can't act worth shit... hated her in Goldmember, one of those "musicians" who thinks she's so awesome and can do anything), and her shitty music in the commercial.

There are two really good reasons for me not to see it.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']There is no god

1. "The Pink Panther," $21.7 million
2. "Final Destination 3," $20.1 million
3. "Curious George," $15.3 million
4. "Firewall," $13.8 million
5. "When a Stranger Calls," $10 million
6. "Big Momma's House 2," $6.8 million
7. "Nanny McPhee," $5.2 million
8. "Brokeback Mountain," $4.2 million
9. "Hoodwinked," $2.502 million
10. "Underworld Evolution," $2.5 million

makes me sad inside[/QUOTE]

Looking at that list I would agree.

I saw FD3 on Friday & The Pink Panther on Sunday. FD3 wasn't as good as the other ones, but Pink Panther was pretty funny:booty:

People spent over 100 million on 10 movies that aren't worth the 2 hours of life it takes to watch one. :drool:

Going to the movies with friends or on a date seems odd. You just sit there in total silence staring at a screen for hours.

bread's done
Back