Marvel Super Heroes White Cover, Rare?

schuerm26

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (99%)
Ok. I know the game isn't that rare but the only one i have ever seen is the black cover version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-super-heroes-Playstation_W0QQitemZ8258243869QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The one i got looks like the Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter cover but it is the Marvel Super Heroes game. This is the cover.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Marvel%20Super%20Heroes%20PlayStation:1951008520;_ylc=X3oDMTB2djJlbzU1BF9TAzk2NjMyOTA3BHNlYwNmZWVkBHNsawN2Z2FtZXM-

Is that version rare?

The "white cover" was part of the Fighter's Edge line, which came out around the same time as Rival Schools; by that time, I believe, MSH had been out for awhile on PSX, leading me to think it wouldn't be rare.

What were the other Capcom fighters that had covers in addition to Fighter's Edge? Street Fighter Alpha 1 and 2, and perhaps EX+a all had different covers, I think. EX2 wasn't ever part of the Fighter's Edge line, I think, though I don't know why; X-Men: COTA wasn't either, but that's because it was published in the US by Acclaim.

Yeah. I wouldn't think it would be any rarer than the black cover but i had never seen it before. I have only seen the black cover.

I really don't know. I ordered some stuff off ebay and the person shipped some old EGM's (6 or 7 yrs old) with it. I saw an ad for a bunch of capcom fighting games in it and this was one of them and it had this white cover. There were 4 or 5 more with the same white cover. X-Men vs SF obviously was one because that actually does have the White Cover and same with Rival Schools but those are the only 2 i had ever seen with the white cover before this one.

http://promomagazine.com/mag/marketing_frequent_fighting_good/index.html

This articles lists these games as fighters edge games: Street Fighter Alpha II, Star Gladiator, Street Fighter EX + Alpha, and DarkStalkers 3.

I guess i have Star Gladiator with the white cover and Darkstalkers 3. NOt sure if i have seen the other 2 but this doesn't list the one i got or Marvel vs X-Men.

It isn't quite clear, but I think you are saying you have the Fighter's Edge version of MSH. The cover that you linked to is the Fighter's Edge version.

I don't know about the actual rarity, but a few years ago I was specifically seeking the Fighter's Edge version of that game and did not find a single copy over the span of several months either on Ebay or anywhere. I couldn't even find a real picture of one. I assumed that it was never released as Fighter's Edge.

If you truly do have the Fighter's Edge copy, then yes, in my opinion it is rare.

[quote name='mykevermin'] EX2 wasn't ever part of the Fighter's Edge line, I think, though I don't know why; X-Men: COTA wasn't either, but that's because it was published in the US by Acclaim.[/QUOTE]

Cause Ex2 was released in after they stopped doing the Fighter's Edge line. As for X-men:COTA, it was cause of Acclaim, since all Fighter's Edge games were released by Capcom.

All the Fighter's Edge was points that you get for buying games, then submit them to Gamepro(who was sponsoring it) and get T-shirts and posters for free.

[quote name='Zing']It isn't quite clear, but I think you are saying you have the Fighter's Edge version of MSH. The cover that you linked to is the Fighter's Edge version.

I don't know about the actual rarity, but a few years ago I was specifically seeking the Fighter's Edge version of that game and did not find a single copy over the span of several months either on Ebay or anywhere. I couldn't even find a real picture of one. I assumed that it was never released as Fighter's Edge.

If you truly do have the Fighter's Edge copy, then yes, in my opinion it is rare.[/QUOTE]

Yes i got the fighters edge version. Not ever having seen it before is what led me to believe it was the rare version of the 2. I have seen the black cover quite a bit but never the white cover version. I don't even see any on ebay right now.

Problem with Ebay is that so many people use the standard clipart game photos or steal photos that there might be several people selling the other version of the game but we'd never know. I wish people would show photos of what they're actually selling. I always do...and then a few days later I find 10 other people that have stolen my photos.

bread's done
Back