Mother 3 Screens

I seriously doubt this'll see release here, but if it does, it will be the first game I will prepay for in full.

Oh man, that kid even looks like Ness (Well...as much as a sprite based kid wearing a striped shirt can). If Nintendo refuses to localize this, it wil be a greivous error. I can't think of any group of nerds they wouldn't piss off by not bringing it stateside.

Thank God... A little closer to the reality of playing this.

[quote name='BIG5']How can you say it looks great based on 3 screens? It could be garbage.[/QUOTE]

One of the more dumber things I've read on the Internet.

[quote name='BIG5']How can you say it looks great based on 3 screens? It could be garbage.[/QUOTE]
because Itoi is working on it.

[quote name='Brak']One of the more dumber things I've read on the Internet.[/QUOTE]
You think it will be great because you loved Earthbound (and maybe Mother 1) and I understand that, but you can't base your expectations for the sequel on 3 lousey screens.

[quote name='BIG5']You think it will be great because you loved Earthbound (and maybe Mother 1) and I understand that, but you can't base your expectations for the sequel on 3 lousey screens.[/QUOTE]

The original designer is working on it. Nintendo is letting him make it. It looks exactly like Earthbound.

That is enough to make me far more interested than I was in the N64 version (which I still hope gets released some day).

[quote name='Scorch']I seriously doubt this'll see release here, but if it does, it will be the first game I will prepay for in full.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Reality's Fringe]Oh man said:
wouldn't[/b] piss off by not bringing it stateside.

Do you really think Nintendo cares about the small fraction of Mother fans? I doubt it... if the games don't sell, why should they care? Of course, I hope they prove me wrong.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Strell']The original designer is working on it. Nintendo is letting him make it. It looks exactly like Earthbound.

That is enough to make me far more interested than I was in the N64 version (which I still hope gets released some day).[/QUOTE]
Okay, I get your point.

Reality's Fringe said:
Bump!New Screens have been released in addition to a deluxe version. Check out starmen.net for details.

Holy SHIT. DELUXE MICRO? fuck YOU NINTENDO, I HAVE THREE MICROS ALREADY, BUT I WANT THAT MOTHER ONE.

SHIT.

[quote name='botticus']I want a Micro now. But I wouldn't import it. And the likelihood of domestic release need not be stated.[/QUOTE]

But we know the likelihood of a domestic release are, on a scale of 1-10, about -6.

I have a friend currently in Japan, if the price was right, I wonder if he'd pick one up for me. And since I'm possibly going there in the summer to visit him, would be a nice gift waiting for me.

I have Mother1+2 already, might as well make the trifecta.

[quote name='Strell']Holy SHIT. DELUXE MICRO? fuck YOU NINTENDO, I HAVE THREE MICROS ALREADY, BUT I WANT THAT MOTHER ONE.

SHIT.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the micro is pretty, but I think you're forgetting the motherfucking Reggie-licious
Franklin Badge.

BUmp motherfuckers! Two new screen shots have emerged, one's a battle screen, and one's a "dungeon" scene. Check out starmen.net's translated version of the mother 3 site for them. TRIPPY BACKGROUNDS FOR THE WIN!

[quote name='Strell']Holy SHIT. DELUXE MICRO? fuck YOU NINTENDO, I HAVE THREE MICROS ALREADY, BUT I WANT THAT MOTHER ONE.

SHIT.[/quote]Are you serious about the 3 micros?

Reality's Fringe said:
UPDATE

Mother 3 map revealed! http://starmen.net/mother3/mother3world/

Check it out, homies! Man, if they release it here, I hope they pack in another awesome strategy guide like the one from the SNES:pray: .

Seriously, that big box made me want to buy it. I saw it at Bestbuy everytime I went in for a really long time, and when I finally decided to go in and get it, it was gone. And that, dear friends, is the saddest moment of my life.

...what were we talking about again?

[quote name='Graystone']Never heard of it.[/quote]

kylesmam.gif
WAT WAT WAT WAT?

[quote name='banpeikun']Are you serious about the 3 micros?[/QUOTE]

Aye. Silver and Black ones due to Costco's sale in December, and then the 20th edition one.

:(

That is the emoticon my wallet could make if it could type.

Of course, I am working on resolving that issue as we speak....

Unless you can speak Japanese, whats the point in importing it?

I seem to remember one of the strengths of Earthbound was its story... I can't see missing out on that on top of paying high import prices. The screens look awesome, I'm a huge fan of Earthbound, but I'm not going to blow my cash on an RPG I can't even understand.

They can release thousands of crap games, but they can't bring this one over? Damn you Nintendo, someone needs to start a petition.

[quote name='Roufuss']Unless you can speak Japanese, whats the point in importing it?
[/QUOTE]

Mostly because I sincerely doubt Nintendo will bring it over. Additionally, I have a friend doing the Jet program currently, and he can speak/read Japanese, and he loved Earthbound, so it would be an incentive for him to pick it up for me, and then whenever we run into each other again I can pick it up.

Besides, at some point I think I'll attempt to learn how to read it. Maybe.

The thing I have learned about the Micro is that it is perfect for things like waiting rooms/lines/etc. Everytime I go to the post office, where I know the line will be long enough to piss me the hell off, I take my Micro with me and play some Warioware or something. It serves its purpose wonderfully in that respect. Otherwise I'll just use one of my SPs.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Seriously, that big box made me want to buy it. I saw it at Bestbuy everytime I went in for a really long time, and when I finally decided to go in and get it, it was gone. And that, dear friends, is the saddest moment of my life.

...what were we talking about again?[/QUOTE]

I got one in mint condition off of eBay about 7 years ago. I'm ashamed to say I still haven't played it. I think subconsciously I've been intimidated because Ness was always so hard to play with in Smash Bros. ;)

I think if Mother 3 was being released on the DS, it would get a North American release. No question. The DS is doing so well, Nintendo's localizing anything and everything they can because they know they've got a better than average chance of turning a profit. Even the "Brain" titles are being brought over. Sadly, I don't think this is as true for the GBA, the micro notwithstanding. Most of the games being released for that lame duck (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) system are aimed squarely at the kid market. RPGs don't fit the profile. It may happen, but I'm not overly confident.

[quote name='Tybee']
I think if Mother 3 was being released on the DS, it would get a North American release. No question. The DS is doing so well, Nintendo's localizing anything and everything they can because they know they've got a better than average chance of turning a profit. Even the "Brain" titles are being brought over. Sadly, I don't think this is as true for the GBA, the micro notwithstanding. Most of the games being released for that lame duck (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) system are aimed squarely at the kid market. RPGs don't fit the profile. It may happen, but I'm not overly confident.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo just published Tales of Phantasia here, so that kind of shoots that theory dead. I have a feeling they'll also publish Final Fantasy 5 and 6 for the GBA, since they did FF 1 + 2 and FF 4. Not to mention they just released Drill Dozer, so Nintendo still supports the GBA.

Drill Dozer and Tales of Phantasia are anything but kids games... from what I've heard, Drill Dozer is one of the best 2D platformers in years.

I'm still hanging on to the fact that Nintendo plans to release Mother 3 over here, and at that time will then release Mother 1 + 2 before it to build up hype. It's a small hope, but I still hang onto it.

The GBA still sort of has life... even if it's only Nintendo and Atlus putting anything out for it. I really hope E3 is when they make big annoucement that its coming.

It's a stretch, but it's possible. You have to remember that Mother 1 was fully localized (manuals and printed materials all completed) yet it was never released. It went from later date, to back burner, to quietly cancelled. But it's just gotta be thrown on a chip and shipped.

Earthbound is done (obviously) except for the controls being remapped to the GBA buttons. Not a huge task since the Japanese version has been done exactly as Itoi saw fit.

The only feasible scenario is Nintendo releasing Mother 1+2 the same way that Electroplankton was released and using it to gauge the possibility of Mother 3 making a worthwhile profit. Here's to hoping.

Bumps. Not much of an update, but two new sprites have been shown. Both the same, yet very different. Brothers? Alternates in a strange dimension? Will they both be playable? WHO THE fuck KNOWS?!
http://www.1101.com/MOTHER3/index.html for the sprites, check starmen.net for the details.

*edit: The text under the sprites appears to be:

"Lucas (left): The younger of the twins. He is a nice boy.
Claus (right): The older of the twins. He is an energetic boy.

“According to the text in the first new box, Lucas and Claus are the main characters of Mother 3.”

Reality's Fringe said:
Bumps. Not much of an update, but two new sprites have been shown. Both the same, yet very different. Brothers? Alternates in a strange dimension? Will they both be playable? WHO THE fuck KNOWS?!
http://www.1101.com/MOTHER3/index.html for the sprites, check starmen.net for the details.

*edit: The text under the sprites appears to be:

"Lucas (left): The younger of the twins. He is a nice boy.
Claus (right): The older of the twins. He is an energetic boy.

“According to the text in the first new box, Lucas and Claus are the main characters of Mother 3.”

Odd, because some of those previous screenshots showed (supposedly) all 4 party members (the kid Lucas, the dog, the older man, and the punk rock chick). Yet, we're told here Claus is one of two main characters, the other being the boy we've already seen...interesting.

I'd reply everytime I can in this thread with words of praise, but shortly after climaxing 8 times in a row, I collapse on my keyboard.

:(

Sorry, I've been away! Let's make up for lost time, shall we?

HEY EVERYONE, GET PUMPED! MOTHER 3 IS COMING! LOVE IT OR DIE, MOTHER fuckERS! (get it? Mother fuckers? Oh ho ho, I'm so clever!)

...anyway, did you notice all the enemies shown are monsters, whereas most enemies in Earthbound could be found in real-life? Even more interesting is that at least half of them seem to be combinations of two real-life things...

bread's done
Back