$4.99 CC Sale: ChicagoLandArea (NE Illinois/NW Indiana/S.Wis.)

WeaponX2099

CAGiversary!
Feedback
83 (98%)
Ok, this whole thing is insane large, so I believe we should split this Topic into regions. Who's with me? Please list and confirm what you have seen in CC in this area only. Thank you.

I need some info on the CC stores in the Des Plains area, as Ill be there this weekend. According to the CC website, I will be closest to the Randhurst store.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I need some info on the CC stores in the Des Plains area, as Ill be there this weekend. According to the CC website, I will be closest to the Randhurst store.[/quote]

I was at the Old Orchard and Touhy Stores, slim pickins.......

I was in Matteson, IL and that had a decent selection but they put the games in the back for Sunday the 11th. Did anyone find DOA: Xtreme beach volleyball?

Highland, IN: Nothing
Lansing, IL: Decent. Found a few games on Sunday. Went back yesterday and found a copy of Pikmin and was happily surprised.

Anyone been to Ford City or Orland Hills? Those are close enough to my work where I could swing out to on my lunch hour.

WeaponX~ I'll keep an eye out for Guilty Gear X2,RE:CX,ZOE2 and DOA:XV for you.

Merrillville, IN:
XBOX
Buffy
Time Splitters 2
Metal Dungeon
Stake
Aquaman
Colin McRae

PS2
Grandia II
Grandia Extreme
RAD: Robot Alcemy Drive
Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry

Gamecube
All Sports Games

That's What I Remember, There was a bunch more including PS1 games

I picked up
Grandia II
Grandia Extreme
RAD

Shcaumburg IL:

I managed to score a copy of Pikmin, but that's it. There were 2 Gamestop employees there from the Gamestop across the street. By the time I got there they had a basket full of PS2 and XBOX games and I managed to snag Pikmin before they started checking the GC shelves. I was most annoyed that Gamestop was basically buying up all these games and leaving none for consumers. I did overhear the CC employee there that he had a bunch of games in the back saved for the sale on sunday. Does anyone know if this sale is going to be advertised? If so, will it list out all the games on sale? I was thinking of just buying a few games at Best Buy and getting them to price match once the sale starts. But, if the sale isn't advertised it will be tough to get BB to match it.

Hey I'm up north in Waukegan, Il and I went to the cc in Gurnee Mills and they didn't have much left. Maybe they were holding some in the back but all I got was P.N. 03 and Bionicle for the gamecube.

[quote name='mernst23'][quote name='Kaijufan']I need some info on the CC stores in the Des Plains area, as Ill be there this weekend. According to the CC website, I will be closest to the Randhurst store.[/quote]

I was at the Old Orchard and Touhy Stores, slim pickins.......[/quote]

I actually found a decent selection at the Old Orchard store, although by now there might not be. And the Touhy store are a bunch of jerkbags, pulling games from the shelves (and not for the sale - just pulling them). The Elston and North Ave. stores were pretty good, but aren't by now i'm sure. I'd say the best bet for Chicago is the Harlem/Grand one, by far.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Hey dschroll, nice to see someone stuck in the Chicago suburbs too. Did you check the one on Meacham?[/quote]

Yep, that's the one I checked. I work out in Itasca so I shot up there at lunch yesterday. I walked in and saw 2 Gamestop employees there(from the store across from CC) and they each had huge print outs and were shuffling through the XBOX and PS2 sections picking up every game in sight. I managed to run over to the GC section and snag Pikmin before they got there, but man, I was so mad that they were doing that. I sent a nasty email to Gamestop's PR person today complaining that those employees were ruining the sale for everyone else.

Anyway, I went down south today and checked out the CC on Army Trail Road in Glendale Heights. They had a big bin that had a ton of games in it and the bin was marked with the $5 price tag. Unfortunately the bin was picked pretty clean so there weren't any games left that I actually wanted.

Anyone know if this will be an advertised sale at all?

I went to the Randhurst one on Sunday with my brother and one CC dickhead comes up to me and says (roughly) "You guys aren't here for the $5 sale, cause we're not honoring the prices". I told him to F#ck off in so many words and started browsing the racks. A couple minutes into the search another employee told me that they had to honor the prices and not thirty seconds later does every damm CC worker, manager included, come charging into the game section with portable pricing guns/scanners and begin gutting the X Box section.

Two other stores in the area set up bargain bins that were also promptly guttted by CC workers exclusively ... because they didn't start putting games into the bin until right before closing. One shithead CC employee had ~20 copies of BG&E that he tucked under a register as his private stash.

Honestly over the couse of this sale I have seen far more CC employees shopping than working. :evil:

The CC in Batavia looks like a tornado went through it...Nothing but sports and racing titles left. Heard the one in Joliet is picked clean as well.

Thinking us Chicago CAGers should post games we're looking for and all hit up our respective stores on Sunday. Then maybe we could meet up somewhere and have a swap session. Any takers? Here's what I'm looking for:

Viewtiful Joe
The Sims (GC or Xbox)
Mario Party 4
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Xbox...2 if possible)
Monopoly Party (GC or Xbox)

I can cover the Highland and Lansing stores. Post your lists and I'll look for your games when I go.

That sounds like a good idea, Birbo...

The games, I'm willing to trade...

Xbox
Enclave
Kung Fu Chaos
Voodoo Vince

The games, I'm looking for...

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Fatal Frame
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Secrets Weapons Over Normandy

I went to 5 CC's between Monday and Today
Unfortunatley I didn't find much in Chicago that I wanted. I was looking for Morrowind GOTY, DOAX Volleyball, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Pirates of The Carribean, nothing too special.

I ended up at the Bolingbrook store and met Ravenhawk. We both showed up as they were preparing the $4.99 bins and had them by the CS desk. I ended up getting Secret Weapons Over Normandy, they had one copy. ICO, Ravenhawk and I got the last 2, MTV Music Generator 2 and Shenmue II.

On Monday I picked up Syberia for the heck of it at the Grand/Harlem store.

I really Wanted Morrowind GOTY and DOAX Volleyball the most though. Oh Well.

I saw quite a few copies of Pirates of the Caribbean (Xbox), at the CC store on North Avenue, on Tuesday...

Your lucky, you got Secret Weapons Over Normandy, I can't find that game anywhere...

Were there any Xbox games worthwhile at the CC store on Grand & Harlem Avenue?...

The games, I'm still searching for...[-o<

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Fatal Frame

Swung by the Schaumburg store this morning ... they finally put out bargin bins but nothing really that good.

Tony Hawk 2,3,4 PSX
Tony Hawk 3 GC
Roadkill PS2
Wrestlemania 19 GC

an assload of Jampacks, assorted old sports titles, and a handful of GBA games.

The good news is there was a guy running around with a list and throwing more games into the bins and there were a few games still on the shelves that are $5.

Ok, I yesterday I went to Evergreen Plaza and Ford City's CC. Ford City's had pretty much nothing good. evergreen had a decent selection: dead to rights for GC, Buffy Chaos Bleeds for Ps2.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']I saw quite a few copies of Pirates of the Caribbean (Xbox), at the CC store on North Avenue, on Tuesday...

Your lucky, you got Secret Weapons Over Normandy, I can't find that game anywhere...

Were there any Xbox games worthwhile at the CC store on Grand & Harlem Avenue?...

The games, I'm still searching for...[-o<

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Fatal Frame
[/quote]

No, Harlem and Grand got cleaned out by a few "customers" and an employee I talked to said he bought 25 games, but he's a hardcore gamer and has a brother that plays too, so he was keeping them.

I wish I would have saw Pirates at North ave. I was there on Monday and they didn't have it in their system.

Went to Orland Hills today and they had nothing worth while. Buncha GC & Xbox sports titles and Jampacks up the wazoo. Almost bought NHL2K4, but figured I'd wait and get 2K5 for $15 went it comes out. Thought I remembered EOE being on WeaponX's list so I picked it up for him. Turns out he wanted ZOE. D'oh!

Thanks for looking, Birbo. In North Riverside Plaza CC there was nothing but a decent amount of GBA games. I may drive down to Urbana or Lombard.

Sorry...it was NHL2K3. My bad!

NHL2k3 was for the Xbox. Only had one copy. Walked around with it in my hand for awhile then put it back. They also have tons of NBA2K3s as well.

Since the managers at the CC stores in the Milwaukee area (I tried 3) are being pricks and holding the copies in the back I took a drive south to Gurnee Mills.

The manager there allowed my to take only one copy of each game I requested (which were in the back, BTW) but that was all.

Then I went on a fishing expedition and started looking behind some of the games on the shelves and, guess why I found.....no less than 17 games that were on the $4.99 list I had. Got some primo stuff like Moto GP 2, ESPN Hockey 2k4 and Dynasty Warriors 4.

Seems they thought us gamers are too lazy to go looking behind the games facing forward.

The guy at the register just laughed his arse off when he was ringing them up and didn't know about the sale.

To those CC employees too lazy to haul ALL the cheap games in the back....I LOVE YOU!!!

The Schaumburg one was all cleaned out when I went back for the third time on Wednesday. They had bin with some Gameboy games in it but that's about it. Your best bet may be to get there early on Sunday.

[quote name='RavenHawk']Hey Wiseguy - did you have any luck with Morrowind GOTY?[/quote]

While they had it and I grabbed it, it didn't ring up as $4.99 so I just told the clerk to put it back....didn't want to rock the boat and trouble the manager over one frekin game, after all, when I did pretty well as it was.

So yes, they had it (one copy only, though).

[quote name='RavenHawk']Hey Wiseguy - did you have any luck with Morrowind GOTY?[/quote]

No I didn't, but I did get Pirates of the Carribean on a fluke.
There was one in their computer system on Monday when I asked but I couldn't find it. So today on a hunch I went back and asked again and the guy who helped me said Yeah, and I know where it is. SCORE!

[quote name='RavenHawk']Holy $h!t....I've just been given a promotion to "Cheap Ass Regular".

This is gonna look great on a resume! :D[/quote]

Congratulations, on your promotion. I was also promoted to "Cheap Ass Regular"...:D

Party Time!

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='RavenHawk']Holy $h!t....I've just been given a promotion to "Cheap Ass Regular".

This is gonna look great on a resume! :D[/quote]

Congratulations, on your promotion. I was also promoted to "Cheap Ass Regular"...:D[/quote]

[quote name='RavenHawk']Nice to see some South-siders here (peteloaf, scdoanintendo, birbo, WeaponX2099). What is everyone looking for?[/quote]

I'm looking for:

Viewtiful Joe
The Sims (GC or Xbox)
Mario Party 4
Secret Weapons Over Normandy (Xbox...2 or 3 if possible)
Monopoly Party (GC or Xbox)

I had the idea of us all hitting up our local stores on Sunday and looking for games for each other. I know others have posted their wants in this topic. What games are you looking for?

I picked up Jet Set Radia Future at the Merriville,IN store Wednesday, only worthwhile title that I saw, imo, nothing interesting at the Highland,IN store. Tuesday I picked up Syberia at the Calument City,IL store, nothing else there either. Was hoping to find SWoN,MW:GOTY and Enclave. Stopped by the Highland store again today to see if they had a new shipment, all crap sport titles and jampacks. The closest store that had MW:GOTY was in Gurnee.

I've been to the Brookfield(bluemound Rd) in milwaukee CC twice, they had quite a bit, none of the big name stuff, the first time I was in there there was this huge 40 year old guy buying like 10-15 games and that kinda pissed me off, when I asked him if I could see what he had cuase I had no list he gave me this look of deathly fear that I would take something from him, so I walked away.
A nice employee there gave me a list and I got:

XBOX:
All Star Baseball 2004(like it)
XGRA(love it)
MK:DA(love it, for $.01)
Syberia(Traded for Spiderman2)
Terminator:Dawn of Fate(traded for spiderman2)
Timesplitters 2(really love it)

PS2
Pro Race Driver(traded for spiderman2)

GC
Dead to Rights(Traded for spiderman 2)

GBA
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (like it)
Stuntman (like it)
Klonoa (Love it)

Absolutely nothing at the 76th street store in milwaukee, thought about going up to brown deer road but its too far away and likely to have nothing.

[quote name='Galanthas']I picked up Jet Set Radio Future at the Merriville, IN store Wednesday, only worthwhile title that I saw, imo, nothing interesting at the Highland, IN store. Tuesday I picked up Syberia at the Calument City, IL store, nothing else there either. Was hoping to find SWoN, MW:GOTY and Enclave. Stopped by the Highland store again today to see if they had a new shipment, all crap sport titles and jampacks. The closest store that had MW:GOTY was in Gurnee.[/quote]

I have a brand new factory sealed copy of Enclave, in mint condition...:D

Games, I'm willing to trade...

Xbox
Enclave
JSRF: Jet Set Radio Future
Kung Fu Chaos
Voodoo Vince

Games, I'm looking for...

Xbox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller
Fatal Frame
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Just got back from the CC by Fox Valley Mall on RT. 59 and they didn't have anything good. Azurik, Eternal Ring, New Legends, Legends of Wrestling...err...old sports games...oh and they insisted their will be no restock...

Well, I'm going to a least two CC stores in the morning. I hope, I find a few Xbox gems!...[-o<

I wish you all the best of luck, tomorrow...:D

I'm going to hit the CC stores on North Avenue and Elston Avenue, in Chicago. I'll try to hit the Grand & Harlem Avenue CC, in Elmwood Park, too...:D

I wish you luck...:D:D:D

bread's done
Back