ORIGIN OF THE LIST, plus some info that IS NOT good.....

DOMINATOR912

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
First off, I work at CC, Hialeah store. So this info is coming form an insider, which is, well, me. Apparently, all stores have a list referred to as a "call-back" list. The names are the list are apparently all the $4.99 games. Here's the thing though. That list is confidential, and was apparently leaked onto the net by an emplyoee. PLUS, we're technically not supposed to sell the games and are supposed to send them all back to the manufacturer. Which is why some stores have been pulling games off the shelves. NOT to hold them for a Sunday sale that isn't going to most likely happen, but to send them back to the manufacturer. So if any of your stores, pulled them off shelves, they AIN'T coming back onto the shelves. Enjoy the info :D

Actually it makes more sense...we used to the same thing with old products we couldn't move at Best Buy on occasion. It didn't seem to make much sense for stores to pull the games to put off until a sale. I don't know of any store that has ever done that. Think about it, if you are having a clearance does it really matter when you clear out the games? They can probably recoup slightly more money by sending them back.

That's interesting, when i went to my CC today the guy that i was talking to said that they are resupplying or something from all of their supply depots or something, He said that this weekend's supposed "second batch" was going to happen, but with not as many games. He might have not known or had been lying, but he seemed veryt sincere. Now i'm totally confused. Plus why would they send them back?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']That's interesting, when i went to my CC today the game that i was talking to said that they are resupplying or something from all of their supply depots or something, He said that this weekend's supposed "second batch" was going to happen, but with not as many games. He might have not known or had been lying, but he seemed veryt sincere. Now i'm totally confused. Plus why would they send them back?[/quote]

My question is why you were talking to a game instead of an employee?

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']That's interesting, when i went to my CC today the game that i was talking to said that they are resupplying or something from all of their supply depots or something, He said that this weekend's supposed "second batch" was going to happen, but with not as many games. He might have not known or had been lying, but he seemed veryt sincere. Now i'm totally confused. Plus why would they send them back?[/quote]

My question is why you were talking to a game instead of an employee?[/quote]
:rofl:

See what this sale did to all of us? hiccupleftovers is talking to a game!!

There have been lots of different rumor's about what is going to happen/why it already happened/ why games are being pulled, but I wouldn't bet fully on any of them. We will have to wait until Saturday night to find out.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']sorry i edited it it was supposed to read guy, repeat guy so you guys won't think i'm a nutso.[/quote]

Hey, ever since Seaman it's been perfectly acceptable to talk to games. You can't marry them yet but activists are pursuing that.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']First off, I work at CC, Hialeah store. So this info is coming form an insider, which is, well, me. Apparently, all stores have a list referred to as a "call-back" list. The names are the list are apparently all the $4.99 games. Here's the thing though. That list is confidential, and was apparently leaked onto the net by an emplyoee. PLUS, we're technically not supposed to sell the games and are supposed to send them all back to the manufacturer. Which is why some stores have been pulling games off the shelves. NOT to hold them for a Sunday sale that isn't going to most likely happen, but to send them back to the manufacturer. So if any of your stores, pulled them off shelves, they AIN'T coming back onto the shelves. Enjoy the info :D[/quote]

Possible, they do it all the time for cds and dvds which are in fact called pullbacks. I know they did it for games once when I worked at CC for Everquest online and the trial cards which we got a pullback for.

Seaman : "Do you like yourself?"
Me: "Yes"
Seaman: "Good. I figured you'd like yourself, 2, 3 times a day"

When i worked at k-mart, we would hold product for an upcoming sale. Its easier to deal with people who think you sold out that day than people who think you didnt have it for the sale (and before the kmart bashing commences, both target and walmart have dont the same thing.)

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']First off, I work at CC, Hialeah store. So this info is coming form an insider, which is, well, me. Apparently, all stores have a list referred to as a "call-back" list. The names are the list are apparently all the $4.99 games. Here's the thing though. That list is confidential, and was apparently leaked onto the net by an emplyoee. PLUS, we're technically not supposed to sell the games and are supposed to send them all back to the manufacturer. Which is why some stores have been pulling games off the shelves. NOT to hold them for a Sunday sale that isn't going to most likely happen, but to send them back to the manufacturer. So if any of your stores, pulled them off shelves, they AIN'T coming back onto the shelves. Enjoy the info :D[/quote]
if they were gonna be called back, why were they being sold for $5?

Well, if there IS a supposed second batch coming, it's gonna be with different games, cause I checked the company's warehouse for the ames I REALLY wanted, and the warehouse is empty. The only 2 DECENT games I got today were Dr. Muto and MDK 2, but there are PLENTY of games that me and a bunch of employees price checked cause we thought they were cheap, but were not. If the second batch is going to happen, it will probably be with THOSE games. PLus, as to WHY the games are at $4.99, we absolutely are clueless. Possibly to make the employees lives easier so they only have to pick up about 50 games instead of 500. Hmmmm, IF ONLY Drakengard was $4.99........

The twist here is that the games can end up back in the stores by a different distribution channel. With a few exceptions publishers will resist taking back product as much as they can. The likely destination for these games is a rack jobber who packages them in groups of two for the bargain market. In addition to Circuit City they can also end up in places that don't typically sell games like drug stores and other places who'll put out a hanger rack of anything that might be bought on a whim for $10.

Wierd I dicussed this with a CC manager, and he said that coparate has told no one anything about this, he assumed that it was another clearence to clean out the stock of games that just won't sell.

Someone's lying :evil:

To thicken the plot I went to the CC in Paducah, KY and talked to the girls that ran the games section there. They were both total gamers and understood when I walked into the store with a list. They felt bad for me because two guys had walked out 30 mins earlier and had cleaned the place out. They said just about every game on the list was in stock until these guys came in and bought just about everything. I was able to grab some mediocre titles but nothing great.
As I was looking through the titles they told me to bring up anything I was interested in and they would do a price check because not every $5 game was on the "list". And the more we spoke the more they kept talking about the "list". Finally I asked about the "list" and they showed it to me. I didn't get to hold it or anything but it was indeed a list of clearence software. Now here is the kicker; they said that they were expecting another list as early as tomorrow with more titles to be cut to $5. They didn't know how many more were going to be added or if they would get it later in the week. They did suspect that they would have it soon and before the big sale on Sunday. They did speculate and made it clear that it was speculation that all the games that are $20 and below and that had been out a while(I-Ninja, Hulk, etc.)were going on the list as well as others that had not sold so well (Beyond Good and Evil, etc.) When I mentioned a restock they just nodded their heads and said yes it was going to happen, at least at their store. They were totally cool about the whole thing, which was nice since I had just driven 80 miles to catch the sale.
So it does not sould like "pullbacks" to me. It sounds like a massive clearence just like Best Buy except CC is being smart and is priming us all by doing a primary release of titles and is counting on word to spread and will then launch another round of clearence titles when the entire store is clearing stock.
And as far as the "list" being confidential the girls didn't seemed too concerned if anyone saw it. In fact they told me to call in tomorrow to ask if they had the updated list and they would let me know. So what in the hell is really going on here?

This is all very hilarious. 2 things:

1. Just peruse the original post. That's how the list came about. People finding games and making them. I know because through first several incarantions of the list, all my contributions to the GC end were there straight cut and paste (I know this because I had mispelled some games).

2. I love how we are now getting information that is expected to be more authoritative just because it came from a CC employee... after all, none of them I encountered even heard of the sale before the first person came in to buy more than 5 games or something. At least where I live, the CC employees, managers and all, appear like chickens running around with their heads chopped off. In fact, I was even asked Sunday morning for a copy of the list and those employees started calling other CCs.

At a CC in Virginia today I heard a similar story. The employee described a list that would be available to them on Tuesday (tomorrow), the day when the sale was supposed to start (not 7/11). He didn't think they'd be getting any other shipments of the clearance games. Seemed like he knew what he was talking about, but with all the conflicting info out there, who knows?

I would like to hope that Akuma is correct here, but that it won't start until sunday or some other set day. That way I canget geared up. And I do mean that. There will be fucking murders on that day.

So you all could know, games IS NOT my department. I'm just telling you what people from that dept told me. Apparently, the "true" list will be in our hands today. I go into work tonight and will see this list, and if they're's anything else that's good that isn't on the current list, I'll let you know.

ah hell, this has my curiousity piqued. I will just go to some cc stores this afternoon and scan a zillion games and see what scans for $4.99

[quote name='epobirs']The twist here is that the games can end up back in the stores by a different distribution channel. With a few exceptions publishers will resist taking back product as much as they can. The likely destination for these games is a rack jobber who packages them in groups of two for the bargain market. In addition to Circuit City they can also end up in places that don't typically sell games like drug stores and other places who'll put out a hanger rack of anything that might be bought on a whim for $10.[/quote]

Or they could end up at toy stores and electronics stores in outlet malls.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']So you all could know, games IS NOT my department. I'm just telling you what people from that dept told me. Apparently, the "true" list will be in our hands today. I go into work tonight and will see this list, and if they're's anything else that's good that isn't on the current list, I'll let you know.[/quote]

You got to go ninja stealth style and get/steal us a copy of the list and post it here.

bread's done
Back