Game quality of $4.99 CC games you got

DOMINATOR912

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I mean for the people who actually bought the games to play them, how do you like the games you got, meaning are they actual good games or not. I'll do mine.

ALL PS2
1. ESPN NHL Hockey: AWESOME hockey sim. If you like hockey games, this is one of the best.
2. Pride FC: Pretty crappy. Not even a story mode or a championship mode in the game.
3. Spyhunter 2: I didn't like Spyhunter 1, and I don't like this one.
4. Dr. Muto: Pretty good game. Very addictive.
5. MDK2 - Armageddon: Haven't played it yet, but I've heard good things.

Gamecube
1. Timesplitters 2 - Haven't played yet.

The only game I have played so far is Fairly Odd Parents Breaking Da Rules for Xbox. I expected it to be bad but so far it seems like a good game. The developers really captured the spirit of the show and made a fun platform game.

CC Deals:
PS2:
Wallace and Grommit - Unopened
Super Bust-a-Move - It's bust-a-move it's gotta be good
Summoner 2 - unopened
Street Fighter EX3 - Meh classic gameplay just crappy 3-d model graphics
Frequecy - Worth the $5

GBA:
Robotech - worth the $5
Megaman Zero - Worst megaman ever... besides the gcn one
Tekken - worth $5, no more
Megaman Battle Network 2 - unopened
Sim City 2000 - unopened
Phantasy Star Collection - unopened
Jet Grind Radio - unopened
Shining Soul - VERY underrated

PS1:
Gta Collection - unopened

GCN:
Bionicle - unopened, but: Crap
Defender - unopened

I've only played Xmen Next Dimension, Pac Man Fever, and Haunted Mansion. They were all much better than I expected. I've heard Syberia was pretty good so I'm looking forward to playing that. I also have 4 other games that should be pretty good that I had goteen from this sale. I plan to keep most of them but I wil see how much I can get for Haunted Mansion at Game Rush since my little sister didn't like it very much. She loved the movie, though.

Eh, the only ones I'm keeping are RE:Code Veronica X for the GC, BOF II for the GBA, and maybe that GTA Coolector's edition for the PSONE I picked up. I'm not sure though. I do have others I'm gona sell/trade off.

Voodoo Vince - Ive been looking for a good platformer on the xbox, and I seem to have found one.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies - Not bad, but not great. I heard its short so Ill just play through it.

Res Evil Code Veronica X- Worth the $5 (or even $20), not worth the $40 it originally was priced as. But im a fan of the series.

DOA Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Very pretty to look at, but the gameplay engine could probably fit on an atari cartridge.

Dead to Rights (GC) - Really fun third-person beat em' up game.
The Sims (GC) - More or less a watered down version of the PC version.

Chaos Legion: Neat idea, pretty good graphics, completely mindless hack and slash (not in the good, fun way)

Devil May Cry 2: Well, everyone was right when they said this sucked. Graphics ar ok, but everything rom the camera to the controls feel broken.

Zone of Enders 2: Pretty cool, actually, just a casualty of having too many other games.

Kung Fu Chaos: I like this one. Almost brainless, but funny enouhg to keep playing. Pretty good graphics and sound too.

Syberia: Ok, graphics. LOTS of speech. Looks to get interesting, i just need more time to put into it.

Boktai: Me no likey. Cant even explain why, but i promptly put Lost Vikings back in...

Ring of Red - Advance War meets a broken mech sim. The battles so far seem WAY to simple, but thats probably why people play a game longer than 5 minutes.

Roadkill - Twisted Metal meets...um twisted metal. Fun if you like car combat.

All XBOX titles
Espn Hockey-Love IT
Grabbed by the Ghoulies- Sealed
Dead to Rights - Great Game
The Thing - Really cool
NFL Blitz Pro - Fn hate it
UFC Tapout- Sealed
MGS2 Substance-Do I really need to say anything?

Haven: Call of the King- I like this game. It has fun gameplay abd good sound, although the voice acting is a bit cheesy.

Blood Omen 2: I really like this game, mostly because of how gorey it is, it just feels fun to take my anger out on demons after a hard day of store searching.

Tenchu 3: This game is still sealed.

PS2:

Taz Wanted-mindless fun, camera angle is kinda wonky at times

XBOX:

Slugfest 20-04-again mindless fun

Also bought Buffy(XB) and Freekstyle(GC) but haven't played them yet....

So let me ask... I have universal studios (gc) sitting on my desk right now... I've heard this game is HORRIBLE.. and I must have gotten caught up in the "Can't go wrong for 4.99" fever when I picked it up, can anyone tell me is it really that bad? Should I return it when I go back on sunday? or is it worth 4.99..

PS1-
Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix (pretty good game so far but not as good as the original)

GBA-
ZOE: The Fist of Mars (really loving this one so far. NOt exactly a steal at $5 but it's more than worth it for that much.)

That was all that was left at all three eof the CC in my area besides the excessive amounts of crappy old sports games (50 copies of NBA Courtside anyone?). Summoner 2 and Syberia were both still there when I arrived at one of the three stores but someone else also wanted them so I let them have those two as I figured I'd never have the time to really play them long enough to fully enjoy them.

Disgaea: Sealed, I don't like SRPGs
Boktai: Like Shakspear, I just don't like it. Really nice graphics though.

I had a wack-ass time today, finding games at CC! In Northern VA, there's virtually nothing left. So if you don't like Disgaea... How 'bout it for twenty dollars?

Megaman X7 - Worst Megaman I've ever played.
Mystic Heroes - Even worse than you've heard. Stick with DW3 or 4. Really.
Frequency - Top notch music game.
Spyhunter 2 - Kinda fun for $5.
Ico - Adventure game. Overrated in my opinion, I traded it in.
Roadkill - Post apocalyptic GTA3 knockoff, worth $5 I'd say.
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball - Not deep in the gameplay, but fun to play tunes and relax to.
Chaos Legion - Looks pretty, plays even worse than you've been told.
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter - Pretty mediocre RPG. Okay I guess if you like mindless combat.
Wild Arms 3 - Super extra boring RPG.
Road Trip - I find it pretty amusing even though it's obviously designed for 12 year old Japanese kids.

Enclave: Pretty fun hack and slash, very linear, definitely worth 5 bucks

I think I will go back and pick Syberia up, that sounded pretty fun. Good thread idea!

[quote name='joeposh']So let me ask... I have universal studios (gc) sitting on my desk right now... I've heard this game is HORRIBLE.. and I must have gotten caught up in the "Can't go wrong for 4.99" fever when I picked it up, can anyone tell me is it really that bad? Should I return it when I go back on sunday? or is it worth 4.99..[/quote]

I think it's worth $4.99. Some of the mini games are fun but navigating through the park can be fusturating.

Disgaea- Sealed, but ownage. I own the game from when it first came out. Keeping it as a collector's item.

Guilty Gear X- Played it before and it's great, but I'm not a big fighter fan except for Virtua Fighter 4, so I'm selling it to a member of the forum who I traded with before and had a great experience with for price of game+tax with a big trade we're doing.

Disaster Report- Haven't played it, got it for the sole purpose of playing, but I doubt it will be shit because I like weird games.

Lunar Legend- Own both the US and JPN import already, got it to keep it sealed because Lunar is my goddamn favorite game ever.

Shadow Hearts- Own both the US and JPN import but SH is also one of my favorites so I'm keeping it sealed as well.

Dark Cloud 2- Played through it before but traded it in since it was somewhat disappointing.. Figured it was worth 5 bucks to buy it again, and it is always good trade fodder if I never open it.

Rayman 3 is providing hours of quality entertainment.
Spyhunter sucked, Xmen sucked, and Top Gun sucked.
The Sims, Shrek, Vexx, and Pacman Fever are still sealed.

All the games that I got were games that I always wanted. They were all games that I intended to buy someday at whatever price. So it's not like I got them just because they were $5. That just made it easier on the wallet. :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The only game I have played so far is Fairly Odd Parents Breaking Da Rules for Xbox. I expected it to be bad but so far it seems like a good game. The developers really captured the spirit of the show and made a fun platform game.[/quote]

I agree, got this one for GC (for my 5 year old who loves the show). We've played a few stages together and are really enjoying it! Nice cel-shaded look . . . decent gameplay. Not bad considering it looked like it would be really bad.

I have an Xbox copy for trade if anyone wants it (or you could have the opened GC one I guess).

my list
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21348

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (GCN) - It's alright. Nothing great. Worth $5 I guess.

NBA Street (GCN) - Pretty good. I don't know why I waited that long to play it.

Roadkill (Xbox) - Pretty entertaining. It truly is a mix of Twisted Metal and Grand Theft Auto.

Aliens vs. Predator (Xbox) - My brothers are playing it a lot. They say it's pretty good.

Spyhunter 2 (Xbox) - Haven't played it yet. One of my brothers doesn't like it that much.

Skies of Arcadia (GCN) - Still sealed.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (GC) - love Resident Evil games; wasn't worth $40 though; great game of course
Skies of Arcadia Legends - not a big fan of turn-based RPGs; keeping it sealed though

still sealed

GBA
F-Zero
JGR
Lufia
Lunar
Mega Man Zero
Space Channel 5
Tomb Raider
Stuntman

GCN
PN03
pikmin
RE:CVX

PS2
Beynd Good and Evil
Chaos Legion
Dino Stalker
Frequency
Futurama
MDK2
Mega Man X7
Rayman 3
RE:DA
Wild ARMs 3
Yanya Caballista
Clock Tower 3
MGS2:Substance
Shinobi
etc (several others on the way from trades of CC games)

I played Max Payne and it seems pretty good. I am not used to the camera but it feels like the original which is good

Onimusha 2 does not seem as good as the first, but I only played 30 minutes, and had the same reaction the first time I tried to play 1

MK:DA is as good as I remember it. The game is just fun and well worth it.

Street Fighter EX3 is also really really good. My friend threw his controller twice because I owned him so bad. There are some really bad balance issues with the game though.

Disgaea - Not worth the hype. Got old fast.

Medal of Honor: Frontline - Decent WWII FPS. Pretty entertaining.

Mario Party 4 - Meh...

Jedi Outcast - Not the best Star Wars game I've ever played, but pretty cool so far.

Megaman & Bass - Boring, just more of the same.

Voodoo Vince - Very sweet platformer.

Pikmin - ADDICTIVE.

NHL Hitz Pro (XB) is the only game I've opened so far. I'm surprised how much fun it is... especially because I never liked hockey. I just killed the Coyotes 7-0.

Hitz isn't too deep but its not overly simplistic either. I think its a good combination of arcade and realism. Hopefully Blitz Pro is as good.

War of the MOnsters-PS2-great game in the vein of Powerstone.Boss's can be overly frustrating.

Roadkill-XBOX-so far pretty damn meh.

Gundam:Fed vs Zion-PS2-weird....just weird...

SWAT-XBOX-"poor mans RS3".Still fun just very "arcadey"

Pirates Of The Carribean XBOX - Still sealed but I have played it before, buggy but the sea battles are kicka$$.

Shenmue II XBOX - Classic series and one of my fav games, beat it before but wanted it for the collection.

MTV Music Generator 2 PS2 - still sealed,A game I have played before and for $5, it's no brainer, to me at least.

Secret Weapons Over Normandy XBOX- Still sealed but may have to play this game because I rented it and didn't beat it.

ICO PS2 - Still sealed Classic PS2 game with a good puzzle system, great game for the Girlfriend.

Harvest Moon PS2 -Still sealed Another girlfriend kinda game.

Roadkill XBOX - OK game for the dough, gets kinda repetitive. Will give to my bud.

Cabela's Deer Hunt 2004 PS2 - Went to give this to my bud who loves these games and his PS2 crapped out. So it's a dust collector now.

Wipeout Fusion PS2- Pretty good graphics. Great sense of speed. I truly reccommend it.
State of Emergency PS2- Great game for insane people with ADHD. Over the top violence and action. I had a lil bit of fun with it though. Worth the money.
Red Faction II Xbox- unopened
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee- unopened
Maximo non- GH PS2- unopened

real fast just the gba games

Max payne- Good graphics, but the control is really going to take some getting used to. Also the enemies can shoot you when the are off screen, this blows. I think that bullet time is used to stop this but I'm not sure. I'm going to read the faq on how to play and give it ago. I would have paid 10

Stuntman- This games also have nice graphics, and the chalanges are hard but not impossible. So far I'm not sure how to play missions you already passed but I'm sure there must be away. Would have paid 10

Konomi collection- I've only played frogger but it was fun. So far I would and did have paid 5 just for frogger.

Jet Grind Radio- like max payne this one is going to take some getting used to. But I may put this one on hold for awhile, it's really hard to do some of the jumps. If I find a game too hard I usually stop playing it in favor of the pile of games I have in my room. So far it's not worth more then 5

Both Xbox games:

ESPN NHL Hockey 2K4: Awesome hockey game, way better than its EASports counterpart, IMO.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies: good game despite getting bad reviews

All my games are opened. Nothing quite like that new game smell, and I always like to see if any creativity was put into the manuals... I'm weird.

PS2
Dynasty Warriors 4 - Awesome games. Rented it before, and had to own it.
Indiana Jones - Haven't played it yet. Nice manual design, though.
Legaia 2 - Haven't played yet, but I really liked the first game... I should try to finish it someday...
Mega Man X7 - Haven't played, but I'm a sucker for anything Mega Man, even the bad stuff

XBox
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Haven't played, but my friend liked it, and I liked Chaos Bleeds...
Kung Fu Chaos - Haven't played, but it sounds like it'll be fun. Nice manual.

GC
Evolution Worlds - Got it to play in place of my DC copies, since I packed my DC up recently...

GBA
Boktai - Seems cool, but I've only been able to try it out at night
Mario Kart Super Circuit - What's not to love?
Mega Man Zero - See Mega Man X7. Wish I could have found Zero 2. Their computer said they had two copies in stock, but no one could find them...
Super Ghouls and Ghosts - A classic! And what? Now I can save my game? 'Tis a blessing from the gods!

XBOX:

Dead To Rights - STILL SEALED
Star Wars:Clone Wars - STILL SEALED, but I heard it's pretty bad

NFL Blitz Pro - Not that good...should've stuck to the normal BLITZ style games instaed of full 11 vs 11.

Splashdown - A decent water racing game. Kinda fun....def better on XBOX than it was for PS2

My haul so far has been mediocre at best. A few ok games...

Xbox:
Secret Weapons Over Normandy
State of Emergency
Crimson Sea
Alien vs Predator Extinction

PS2:
Devil May Cry

GBA:
Shining Soul

Only two games that I've had time to open

Disney's Party- Boring version of Mario Party, but my son thinks it's great.

Red Faction II- Definately worth the $5. The controls are a bit touchy, but otherwise a good experience so far.

Most of mine are still sealed, but here are a few quickie reviews:

GBA:
Stuntman - Me likes! In fact, I think I like it better than the PS2 version. It seems much more forgiving. The graphics are good, and everything moves at a pretty speedy clip. Well worth the $5.
Chu Chu Rocket - Have only played one game, but it's more or less exactly like the old Dreamcast game. Not bad, but I probably would never have paid more than $5 for it.
Disney Party - Got it for the wife because she loves Disney stuff. So boring that even she hates it! lol

PS2:
Rumble Racing - This is the very definition of a lost classic. The graphics are a bit weak, but damn is this game fun. Would have probably paid $20 for it.
Wheel of Fortune - Have played this one the most of anything (wife loves it). Good family game.
WWE Crush Hour - HORRENDOUS BEYOND BELIEF. The only reason I got it was because I was hoping it would be bad and I could review it on my website, which covers the worst of pro wrestling. Trust me, this fits the bill!
Defender - Ok, if a bit jerky in the controls department. Worth $5, but probably not a lot more.
Silpheed - AWESOME old school shooter! One of my faves.
Monsters Inc. - Kiddy 3D platformer, so the young 'uns would probably enjoy it. Wife likes it. Good thing, because I don't.
Wallace & Grommet - See Monsters Inc.

XBox:
Grabbed by the Ghoulies - I like this one a lot! Really nice graphics, simple yet fun action. I don't know why this one had gotten such bad reviews, it's a blast.

Hopefully I will get a chance to play a few more this weekend...8)

RD[/b]

Why keep em sealed?

Legaia 2- Awesome RPG. Cool combo system

Chaos Legion- Great hack n slash and the legions add "limited" strategy

Onimusha 2- Fun hack n slash

Jade Cocoon 2- Seems like a fun game but kinda childish

.hack//infection- possibly the strangest RPG ever. But its fun

Lost Kingdoms- Card system is interesting but the gameplay is hit and miss

Bloodrayne- Best action game I own. It's fresh and I highly reccomend it.

Dragon Warrior VII- Graphics suck. Battle system is EXTREMELY outdated. But it's a good addition to my collection

Max Payne GBA is freaking amazing for a handheld. The controls take getting used to (angles and such) but it's very well done. IGN gave it a 9.0 and I agree 100%.

You know. I actually used this sale a reason to buy some of the remarkably bad games. Some of them had reviews that were so bad that I wanted to play them, but I wasn't about to spend the money to rent them or buy them, so this sale enabled me to get a couple of them, play them, and then if I don't want them anymore, trade them in to Gamerush towards something good that I want.

NHL 2k3- P.O. that i couldn't get 2k4/ESPN, but this one is still great.

Kung Fu Chaos- Love this game, funny,challenging,fun to play the multi-player, which lets you do team battles so it's like co-op.

Toe Jam and Earl III- fun but i'm stuck on this one damn level. it's cool just wish i could find an faq.

Farily odd parents Breakin da rules- Amazing-considering how awfull i thought it would be. on the level where he is in his video game, the interface chages to more of a space video game look, really cool game, only small complaint, Your looking for the Pages of DA Rules, and at the end of half the levels Wanda says "and we found some pages of da rules". we did? i didn't pick anything up. The end of the level could have been picking them up. just bugs me, but the game is fun for how awful it looks.

I've picjked up a few, still want to find Disgaea, Viewtiful Joe, and REZ.

This is what I have so far:

PS2:
MDK 2
Stretch Panic
NHL Hitz 2002

GC
TLOR: The Two Towers
Wrestlemania 19
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
MOH Frontline
Agressive Inline

XBOX
Kung Fu Chaos (Don't have an XBOX, my brother's gf does, so that's her Xmas present)

NHL Hitz Pro - Fun game. I'm not a big hockey fan but I did well right off, so I like it!

Roadkill - The game was fun for the first few missions. The only thing like GTA is the radio otherwise it's more like TM.

Phantasy Star Collection - I loved the Phantasy Star series and bought this one because I never played the first one.

Lunar Legend - Had to get this as Lunar's my favorite RPG of all time (have the originals on SEGA CD).

Wheel of Fortune - We all know what that's like. The wife likes to play.

Panzer Dragoon - Amazing graphics but just doesn't feel the same as the Saturn ones. I can't place it, though.

Grandia Xtreme - It's pretty fun. It's a little on the easy side for an RPG. The graphics just don't seem right to me for some reason. But for $5, I'm not complaining.

Shining Soul - I bought 2 copies of this, not cause I'm hoarding but I heard that you could link up so I was going to play with my brother. Has anyone linked this up yet?

ESPN NHL Hockey (Xbox) - This is a really fun game and this is coming from someone who doesn't keep up with Hockey much.

Mortal Kombat: DA (Gamecube) - A LOT better than I though it would be. The different fighting styles are a nice touch. Plus there is more unlockables in this game than any other fighter I can think of (most is concept art but there are other nice goodies too).

Chaos Legion (PS2) - Unopened, but I liked the demo so I know I'll like this.

Dragon Warrior VII (PS One) - Unopened

Bloody Roar 4 (PS2) - Unopened

Ape Escape 2 (PS2) - Unopened but I LOVED the first game so I'm sure I'll like this too.

GameCube - Defender
Turned out to me MUCH better than I expected. Very addictive. Lots of action. Gameplay ideas lifted from the original and expanded upon with light RTS elements. Sounds harken back to the original as well. Has deathmatch and CO-OPERATIVE play!

GameCube - Smashing Drive
This feels like an arcade game. Strangely compelling. I already made up my $5 in entertainment thinking of how much I would have payed to play it at the arcade.

While I didn't find any super deals, I did get two decent games that were worth way more than I paid for them.

Pretty much everything is still sealed

X-Men The Next Diemension GC: makes me realize how much I hate the Gamecube controller.

Grabbed By Ghoulies XBOX: As bad as reported ... but I'm almost done with it.

I can't play a good 3/4 of games I bought til I go buy some more memory cards. The Thing and Alien vs. Pred for PS2 use an ungodly amount of memory; a little over 5,000 kb between them :(
The X Box has spoiled me.

Max payne : worth the money spent. Already had and beat the xbox version so seems somewhat repetitive. A must buy for people that have never played max payne before.

Final Fight: good port. Gets repetitive with the simplistic fighting layout. Otherwise very nostalgic.

Not CC game but recently bought:

Wario World: One of the most boring and bland platformers I have every played. I am glad I bought this from eb games for $10.

1080 Snowboarding: Very surprised, pretty good game. Nice grachics, controls are a little stiff, and I do not think there is a plot. Great multiplayer.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some good reviews of these games I'm interested in Secrets Weapons over Normandy (xbox), lunar legends (gba), tekken (gba), lufia (gba), shining shoul (gba), and dynast warrior 4 (xbox) {not a CC game just interested in purchasing it}.

bread's done
Back