CAGcast #19: Bust My Groove

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Sweet, my thread on those reload pedals are in this! I hope Cheapy pronounced my screen name right...if not then lol

[quote name='suko_32']Sweet, my thread on those reload pedals are in this! I hope Cheapy pronounced my screen name right...if not then lol[/QUOTE]
Ooops..I forgot to give credit to you guys....sorry!:oops:
At least the upside is that I didn't call you "Suck-o 32" ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Ooops..I forgot to give credit to you guys....sorry!:oops:
At least the upside is that I didn't call you "Suck-o 32" ;)[/QUOTE]

lol it's alright, I forgive you :). "sucko 32" would have left me dying laughing. "Hey guys, I'm on CAGcast and I'm known as sucko 32 on CAG now!"

Nice Cagcast! I noticed the "hype wagon" seemed similar to something I pitched last week on the cagcast 18 thread. Cool if I helped. As for the arcades, I think the fact that most people need to get in a car and drive for around 15-20 minutes helped kill arcades here. In Japan everyone is tightly together like NYC so it takes what, a 5 minute walk? Now I do have one complaint: was this Cagcast sponsored by IGN? If your looking for scores to tell people try gamerankings.com . For qoutes maybe pooch around some other places.

For next week's "Man in Japan" I'd like to know about the vending machines (I saw women's underwear in one on TV).

Oh and Nintendo Power has been serving real reviews since it reinvented itself last year. They gave Geist a 5.0 if I remember right.

Last thing, Wombat, pick up Sonic Rush.

Hmmm...I'm subscribed to the Cagcast in iTunes, it downloaded episode #18 - but it was named Cagcast #19.

Now I must risk my job and download it at work so I can listen to it today.

Sorry about that...when i first uploaded the rss feed, I screwed it up.
I found the error pretty quickly, but I guess your itunes was quicker than my correction.

Decent Cagcast. After listening to it I replayed part of it in Speed Racer mode (2X speed) and Drunk Mode (half speed) both were hillarious.

EA is doing this on the PS2 also. I received the pay us $2 notice or ESPN sponsership when playing Madden 2006 online.

Sounds like EA is selling everyone's info to ESPN at this point.

Cheapy, You will have a DS lite for the next cagcast won't you. You don't want to disapoint us right. Right. How will you get one, if you are getting one. Wait in line, or are you just going to hit the stores on launch or day after launch. Or are you waiting for one of the two other colors.

Hi Cheapy, great CAGcast. I was especially interested to hear your remarks about the Japanese arcades. Believe it or not, I'm writing my master's thesis right now about this very topic. So far the main idea concerns just what you mentioned - that the Japanese arcade industry has managed to remain sustainable for the past decade (although it is shrinking), while arcades in America are, for the most part, dead. My argument is cultural - that arcades still exist because Japan's culture does not regard video games as an inherently inferior medium, but as a socially acceptable hobby for people of all ages (although the attitude that games are only for children is slowly changing in America as the public realizes the ever-increasing magnitude of the video game industry). The acceptance and scope of "otaku" culture and Japan's rapid integration of technology, particularly technology-mediated communication, have attracted people to arcades much longer than in America. Additionally, innovation and the willingness to invest large amounts of money in hardware and unproven genres, and the economic benefits of interchangeable JAMMA boards in a single cabinet, have also played a large role.

Anyway, just thought I'd say I especially enjoyed that part of the CAGcast. Maybe I'll share the thesis here when I'm all done. Keep up the good work!

When are the Cheapy Awards? It's been a couple CAGcasts since the polls were closed. Are you still just waiting on replies from winners?

Is an intervention needed?

This isn't all about fun & games, Wombat. You can't just be taking vacations whenever you want or missing CAGcasts when you're all hopped up on narcotics. We all expect you to report for duty regardless if you are in a different state or blasted out of your mind.

Wombat's having a problem?
If he has a problem, if no one else can help, and if we can find them, then maybe we can hire THE A-TEAM! Or the Justice League... Or Macgyver... Or Murphy Brown... Whoever's available at the time.

bread's done
Back