Riddick not exclusive to Xbox, Diesel pissed no PS2 version out yet

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
this should burn a few of you Xbox fanboys[/quote]

spoken like a true PS2 fanboy. jk

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Good he'll bring what is a likely to be a crappy port to the PS2 just so he can have a bigger peice of the pie.[/quote]

That was my first impression, He wants to get paid.

He should be even more pissed when he sees how much of the game's quality is lost in the port process.

He'd be better served by sitting down with his writers and working out a scenario for a separate game to be designed specifically for the PS2. THis way he can sell two games to all of those who own both systems.

[quote name='epobirs']He should be even more pissed when he sees how much of the game's quality is lost in the port process.

He'd be better served by sitting down with his writers and working out a scenario for a separate game to be designed specifically for the PS2. THis way he can sell two games to all of those who own both systems.[/quote]

it will sell copies no matter how bad of a port it is

[quote name='epobirs']He should be even more pissed when he see's how much of the game's quality is lost in the port process.

He'd be better served by sitting down with his writers and working out a scenario for a separate game to be designed specifically for the PS2. THis way he can sell two games to all of those who own both systems.[/quote]

I agree...however they did that with Wolfenstien too I think and the PS2 version didn't do so well. I think this will turn out in a similar fashion no matter which route they go.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX'][quote name='epobirs']He should be even more pissed when he see's how much of the game's quality is lost in the port process.

I agree...however they did that with Wolfenstien too I think and the PS2 version didn't do so well. I think this will turn out in a similar fashion no matter which route they go.[/quote]

that was because the core component of the game was taken away(online)

i'm sure they are disapointed in the sales so they are going to make a weak port to an underpowered system.

a PC version i have no problem with what so ever

yeah, I can't wait to see it get ported then all the PS2 fans will bash it and talk about how much they have vin diesel. I also think he just wants a bigger check. Or he is a PS2 fanboy himself and hates the fact he has to play his own game on an xbox.

My first thought to this was has he even played it? I can't even imagine how bad a port would come off on the ps2 , damn the man is getting greedy, already in talks for Fast and the Furious 3, that should be enough cash for now.

Vinny can't tell his head from his ass, how the hell is he supposed to make a good judgement on the game? So far, the actor's biggest success was in a video game, so I guess he would be a little pissed!

[quote name='neonglow']Several of Ubisoft's games like Spliter Cell and Prince of Persia turned out well.[/quote]

That is because they were designed for different consoles from the start.

Vin Diesel loves the Ps2

anyone remember this quote from that dumb movie Triple X ?

"here grab the gun and shoot like playstation !"

[quote name='Smell']Vin Diesel loves the Ps2

anyone remember this quote from that dumb movie Triple X ?

"here grab the gun and shoot like playstation !"[/quote]

That seals the deal there kids he is a PS2 fanboy...

If Vinny is so concerned how come this game isnt on the ps2 yet, why didnt he make it to be to be playable for multiple consoles from the start? For someone who likes video games, he sure didn't do alot of research about multi console games.

I own a ps2 and and Xbox, and I love my ps2 but...I can't imagine how horrible this game would port over to the ps2 unless some serious changes were made to it. The best bet would be to make a completely new game for the ps2 featuring Riddick, rather then just a port.

[quote name='neonglow']Several of Ubisoft's games like Spliter Cell and Prince of Persia turned out well.[/quote]

Prince of Persia, was built for all. Actually, I think the PS2 version was the lead system, with Xbox getting the bigger of the two port staffs over GC.

[quote name='ukhoops']What he should really be worried about is how much better the game was than the movie.[/quote]

I agree

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='neonglow']Several of Ubisoft's games like Spliter Cell and Prince of Persia turned out well.[/quote]

Prince of Persia, was built for all. Actually, I think the PS2 version was the lead system, with Xbox getting the bigger of the two port staffs over GC.[/quote]
Ive noticed that Ubi Soft does well porting their games to other systems. From what Ive read about some games, like Spliter Cell, they sometimes change an area so it runs better on another systems, which is much more then most developers do.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/06/news_6102003.html

this should burn a few of you Xbox fanboys[/quote]

I don't see why anyone would care what a huffing, drooling idiot who thinks he's Arnold 2k4 thinks about videogames.

People who say he just wants to line his pockets due to the larger PS2 number of users = YAP.

bread's done
Back