This is how we retrieve packages in the future (aka Japan)

That is actually pretty badass!

Also, sorry I lagged so bad last night in DOA4, Cheapy. Wasn't trying to ruin your game with Jimmie.

[quote name='valor19']Also, sorry I lagged so bad last night in DOA4, Cheapy. Wasn't trying to ruin your game with Jimmie.[/QUOTE]No worries, I got my 10 wins in a row achivement. I got shutdown at 17 though, so no 20 win achievement for me.

Damn. Out here in the middle of nowhere I just have someone punch (literally) my doorbell at like 8:30 PM and scream "YUBINKYOKU DESU!!!!!" ("Its the Post office!" in Japanese...). Then I go to the door in my pajamas, and after they recover from the shock of seeing a 6'5" American in a dark doorway, they confirm that I am indeed "A-RE-KU-SU NE-RU-SO-N" and gimme my shit.

Gotta love the inaka. :D

But wait! How did you know you had a package in the first place? Was there a little note in your mail box? ;)

[quote name='CheapyMom']But wait! How did you know you had a package in the first place? Was there a little note in your mail box? ;)[/quote]Good question!
When I use my super scanning key to open the front door of the building, a light goes off letting me know there is a package. If I somehow missed that, there would be a message lit up on our apartment's intercome system.

[quote name='CheapyD']Good question!
When I use my super scanning key to open the front door of the building, a light goes off letting me know there is a package. If I somehow missed that, there would be a message lit up on our apartment's intercome system.[/quote]ooh, fancy.

When I use my super scanning key to open the front door of the building, a light goes off letting me know there is a package. If I somehow missed that, there would be a message lit up on our apartment's intercome system.[/QUOTE]

Damn thats cool. Even more reasons to visit the future!

Pretty sweet. Though I think it's alot more effort than a man coming to your door and asking you to sign your name.

That reminds me of a coffee machine near Tokyo that showed a video of the cup of coffee inside the machine being brewed. There was also music playing in the background as this was going on. My friend and I were thinking what would happen if something broke inside the machine while it was operating. We were thinking hilarity would ensue.

yes everything should be self-automated, now why cant blockbuster implented automated check out, it mean they would need less employees and save a ton of money....but its bbv so race to the bottom it is

[quote name='DuckM4n']yes everything should be self-automated, now why cant blockbuster implented automated check out, it mean they would need less employees and save a ton of money....but its bbv so race to the bottom it is[/quote] Then would could enslave apes to do our bidding. As long as we dont get to lazy, we shouldnt revert to primal being... right?

So instead of just using a key you have to type some stuff on a screen and then use your key? What is so great about that?

[quote name='jkam']So instead of just using a key you have to type some stuff on a screen and then use your key? What is so great about that?[/QUOTE]
Lol.. I actually agree with that.. seems like a waste of time.. why not just assign a standard sized box for packages just like a mail box? Then you can just use your key.

it is pretty primal working at bbv anyways, stand, check out using procedure, stand some more

for example: do you guys know that movie cases no longer have sensor strips in the? only the locks and someone them dont even have that, the discs had them when dvds first came out but no more...

[quote name='crystalklear64']Lol.. I actually agree with that.. seems like a waste of time.. why not just assign a standard sized box for packages just like a mail box? Then you can just use your key.[/quote]

When you leave in a large building or community it's a waste of space to assign each household a decent size locked box. Where we live, there are 1400 families. Mail and packages are delivered to a central mail room, so a decent size package box for each family isn't practical. Instead, the low tech solution is that there are a few dozen package boxes of various sizes. When a package arrives, the letter carrier puts a numberered key in your mailbox and then you find the box that has the same number as the key. It works but the computer system looks like more fun (you can play "Guess which door will open" ) plus you get a nice lady talking to you. ;)

When I use my super scanning key to open the front door of the building, a light goes off letting me know there is a package. If I somehow missed that, there would be a message lit up on our apartment's intercome system.[/QUOTE]
Damn, that makes the package delivery system here look like shit.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Damn. Out here in the middle of nowhere I just have someone punch (literally) my doorbell at like 8:30 PM and scream "YUBINKYOKU DESU!!!!!" ("Its the Post office!" in Japanese...). Then I go to the door in my pajamas, and after they recover from the shock of seeing a 6'5" American in a dark doorway, they confirm that I am indeed "A-RE-KU-SU NE-RU-SO-N" and gimme my shit.

Gotta love the inaka. :D[/quote]

Awww man great humor, thx for the laugh, but I cant agree cause the stupid Canadian Post Office is like the shitiest service on the planet they like are shity at delivering it, the time it takes, and stupid customs, plus I like miss like evey package I am supposed to get ever.

[quote name='CheapyMom']When you leave in a large building or community it's a waste of space to assign each household a decent size locked box. Where we live, there are 1400 families. Mail and packages are delivered to a central mail room, so a decent size package box for each family isn't practical. Instead, the low tech solution is that there are a few dozen package boxes of various sizes. When a package arrives, the letter carrier puts a numberered key in your mailbox and then you find the box that has the same number as the key. It works but the computer system looks like more fun (you can play "Guess which door will open" ) plus you get a nice lady talking to you. ;)[/QUOTE]
What would happen if many people got large packages at the same time? (say Christmas or something)

[quote name='.JPG']By the way what was in the package?[/quote] Some clothes for Mrs. Cheapy from her mom.

[quote name='ananag112']Was that the ibutton CheapD? I couldn't see it clearly, but it looked a heck of a lot like it.[/quote]I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the key uses RF. It looks similar to this as it's made by the same company:

Did I mention that to operate the elevator, you need to pass your key over the sensor?
When you enter the elevator, you will find the button for your floor is already lit up.
Maybe I'll get a video of that next.

Yeah, it looks like it uses radio. I thought it was the ibutton because it looked like you were pressing the key to the sensor.

And please get the elevator video up for us as well. It sound cool.

Also, thanks for uploading the cold pizza video. I missed it when it aired originally.

I'd be pissed if i opened that door up and there wasn't a warm meal waiting for me inside, it looks like those crazy self-serve automatic cafeterias right out of the 50's ;)

"HEY..!??! WHERES MY MEATLOAF PLATE...!?!?!"

Oh, so none of those slots are specifically assigned to anyone? It gets shuffled around as needed and people get packages? Pretty neat. You'd have to have a savvy mail man however that can work the system.

[quote name='crystalklear64']What would happen if many people got large packages at the same time? (say Christmas or something)[/quote]

Hmmm. Don't know. Sometimes the mail man has delivered packages to our door, just to be nice when he knew we were waiting for one. Maybe he just brings it to you. If I see him I'll ask!

Sweet, whats scary though when I was watching that on the right side in related video section their was a video titled "chyna getin off"

Forget CheapyD on Cold Pizza and Chyna Gettin Off....

DaVe aNd AnTwOn BeIn StUpId
ThE HoImEs BeIn HeLlA DuMb!!

Hmmm interesting. When people were talking about shuffling do PO Box's in Japan work the same way? I'm just wondering. Also, what's the cost per month? I was planning on getting my own there to ship packages to.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just have someone sitting there to hand them out? Crazy japanese with their damn technology. :roll: :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) to just have someone sitting there to hand them out? Crazy japanese with their damn technology. :roll: :lol:[/QUOTE]
But where's the cool factor there?

This is so shiny and pretty. :D

bread's done
Back