Get Spiderman 2, Madden 2005, and NCAA Football 2005 for $25 each

knocturnal

CAG Veteran
Here is the trick EB games is doing where each game you trade in gives you $10 torwards either spiderman 2,ncaa 2005 and madden 2005. So go buy some games for the ps2, cube or xbox and take them to eb and get the games for 1/2 off. Word of warning though I tried to trade in tony hawk 3 and they wouldn't accept it as part of the deal but they did take wrestlemania XIX so some sports games are questionable. But don't worry though there are a ton of games you can just pick up for the hell of it and just trade it in. Plus there are also some good deals there period (i left with 7 games that i kept after the trade ins) and my roommate left with 10 games Make sure you look around to see what games are listed because not all stores have there $4.99 displays up yet and some games are mis labeled price wise. out of the games i got today none of them had the correct price. You can also ask the guy at the counter (if he is cool of course like our cc dude) and he will show you the master list and let you walk around with it. Yes i know this message is long and drawn out but I think the information is worth passing on to the people.

The "Enter" key is just a few buttons below the backspace button. ;)

Sorry just had to say that. Not a bad deal, too bad I dislike football.

I think I need more details/explanation on the deal. I go to EB and trade-in one game for $10, so if the game retails for $50 how does the match get a game for $25 each? Also there must be exclusions and what are they?

[quote name='TheRock88']Wish there was an EB near me.

Hey Knock, nice to see another a@h poster here. :D[/quote]

Finally, the Knoc and Rock connection has come to CHEAP ASS GAMER.

cruzincontrol i'm not sure about the additional trade in value. But it is mainly best done with the circuit city deal

Well, what you do is go to circuit city and pick up all the 5 dollars game that are not sport and bring them to ebgames. They will give you 10 dollars each game toward Spiderman 2, Madden, NCAA. So you can get those three game for 26 something. Well, dude at my EB store said that I can bring in as many games as I want and trade in for one of those game and put any extra to any other game.

[quote name='peteyboy2005']is it only madden, ncaa, and spiderman 2?[/quote]

I work at EB, and YES, those are the only 3 games right now (unfortunately). But, I am personally trading in 5 old crap games to pick up Spiderman 2. I am specifically choosing the ones that are not excluded yet still don't trade in for much. Ex: Tiger Woods 2003, Arc the Lad, ATV OF 2 (works for this deal!), Mystic Warriors (crappy CC game).. etc.

If a game sells for under $20 or is older than 2003, it is usually excluded. I don't know about all 03 sports games though...

I bought Spiderman2 for about 10 bucks. I traded in 4 games and the total of the trade in was 40 dollars. If i traded in another game i could have had spiderman 2 for free. So assuming you use the CC (crap games) to trade em in, you pay about 25 dollars to get Spiderman 2 etc.

Its basically anything that isnt an old sports game (Tony Hawk and most older wrestling dont count because they are put out annually)....you'll get a 10 dollar a piece credit for them....It counts toward Halo 2, Ncaa Football 05, Madden 05, Tales of Symphonia, Spiderman 2, Fable, there are a few others, its on page 18 of their store catalouge. The best thing to do is call ahead of time and ask which games qualify so you dont waste a trip.

I wonder if you can pre-order Madden with this deal, then go in a week later and switch it over to a different game... I already beat Spiderman 2 during a rental and I hate EA football games.

I'm sorry, this is driving me nuts because you guys think it's this great deal. It's actually a luke warm deal but I know a bunch of you walked around with lists at the CC clearance and picked up every stickin' $5 you could regardless of if it was a good game or not. So maybe some of you are looking for ways to get rid of 30+ games, that's fine. Here's my problem with this:

#1 - it's more like $29. You left out tax like it doesn't amount to anything when actually you're paying almost double tax on this: $25 for the 5 games @ 5% tax = $1.25 and $50 for the new game at EB @ 5% tax = $2.50

#2 - At this point it's $28.75 which any decent raincheck could get it for that price.

#3 - Do you realize you're paying EB full price for a game? And you call yourselfs CAG's!

I don't understand your problems, krampy. The first one you're complaing about paying $2.50 extra for tax when you save abot $23 overall. Also, what decent raincheck could get me Madden 2005 for $28.75? What was that? None? Yeah, though so. And your third one, how is spending $29 on a $50(+ tax) paying full price? Saving over $20 on a new game is a really good deal IMO, not a lukewarm deal.

Yeah, I'm a little out of line I guess. For some reason this bothered me, but only because some of you guys are buying tons of these $5 games with no intention of playing only to use them as trade in thus leaving a lot of gamers empty handed at CC or taking away a game they were hoping to get for cheap and ACTUALLY PLAY. Anyway, if you spend enough time here you'll find out easier ways to get new releases for even cheaper. If I were to buy Madden or NCAA when they come out I could get them for $23 (no $5 games, no trade in). Same way in which some of us got Thief for $10-$13 or Psi-Ops for $15-18.

I know a independent used game store that generally has a lot of games for $2.50 and $5 ( I got The Getaway and Rocky for PS2 that way)

So if I took in 4 games, I'd get Spider-Man 2 for $10?

Do you think they would take any of these games?

The Sims (PS2)
Red Faction (PS2)
Fantavision (PS2)
GTA III (PS2)
The Getaway (PS2)
Max Payne (PS2)
Rocky (PS2)

Well, I trade in game that I already beat or don't play anymore. I could get spiderman 2 for 27 dollars with a rain check and the 10 dollars gift card = $17, but I heard the game is short and I am not into replaying game.

[quote name='TheRock88']Wish there was an EB near me.

Hey Knock, nice to see another a@h poster here. :D[/quote]

nice to see someone else around the bay area. but anyways just go to ebgames.com and go to the store locator at the bottom left to find the closest one

[quote name='Boba Fett']I know a independent used game store that generally has a lot of games for $2.50 and $5 ( I got The Getaway and Rocky for PS2 that way)

So if I took in 4 games, I'd get Spider-Man 2 for $10?

Do you think they would take any of these games?

The Sims (PS2)
Red Faction (PS2)
Fantavision (PS2)
GTA III (PS2)
The Getaway (PS2)
Max Payne (PS2)
Rocky (PS2)[/quote]

Based on the ps2 exclusion list I got at my EB, I figure they would take the Sims, the Getaway, Max Payne, and Rocky. You should try asking your EB if they would accept those games.

I have one question: If i were to use the trade in system to get spider-man 2, then after i beat the game, could i trade spider-man 2 in for 30-35 store credit?

Makes me wish I had picked up some games at CC as trade-in fodder for this deal. I gotta find out what is specifically excluded for this deal.

[quote name='dabomb75']I have one question: If i were to use the trade in system to get spider-man 2, then after i beat the game, could i trade spider-man 2 in for 30-35 store credit?[/quote]
I think the most they give out in credit is $25, and that is only on the most popular games.

Just in case anyone was wondering, when you use store credit to buy a game, and that store credit is either exactly the same as or more than the price of the game you don't technically pay taxes on the game. At least that's how it works here in VA.

The thing is that they don't give you the tax on your trade in, so they don't charge you tax on the purchase. Something to do with pawn laws.

That's why if you ever do a full pre-order on a game with store credit be sure to only put down 49.99, because you avoid paying tax on the game...

Just some food for thought.

pending on how long after u trade it, my friend got around 35-40 for riddik a week or so after the game came out

anyone know if these games are excluded:

pitfall the lost expedition ps2
luigis mansion gc

i may try to do those for $10 each and may try to trade in la pucelle separately for 20-25ish to get my tales symphonia.

little_krampy how can you ASSUME that the games we trade in came from CC. For instance, i am a gamer. I beat all my games that i own or closely beat the games that i own. I only buy games that i actually want to play or to have to my collection. Now if you beat a game that will have no future value dont you think its wise to trade in the games instead of getting 50 cents for it trading it in later on?

My point is, yea i went to CC and bought the games that "I" would play/want to own. It just pisses me off that you classify me as one of those money grubbing people that raided CC for every stupid game that is not worth having.

I believe Spiderman 2 trades in for only $22 right now. But it could jump up.. it all depends on our supply and demand. For a while, Riddick jumped to $35 because we weren't getting any more.

OH, and the deal should ONLY be for Spiderman 2, NCAA and Madden. Tales, Fable and others were only a limited time offer that is long gone. Those catalogues we get don't really have dates..

Wow. This ended up being a great deal. They let me choose between the following preorders:
Halo 2
GTA San Andreas
Def Jam 2
Madden 2005
NCAA 2005
DOA Online
Tales of Symphonia
Spiderman 2
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow for GC/PS2 only?
Fable
I may have forgotten a few but the guys working there were really cool and were encouraging people to use the deal. I ended up paying off my Halo 2 LE and preordering Def Jam and Madden. Thanks to the original poster!

Worked for me today, and I got a free strategy guide with it. That is assuming I send the rebate in.

I traded in (all PS2 games) The Getaway, Rocky, The Sims, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter today for $40 towards Spider-Man 2.

They were also willing to take: Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb and Max Payne as well.

The only games they rejected were Red Faction and Smackdown JBI

Damn though, if I had known it was possible to get Pandora Tomorrow or GTA: SA, I would have done that instead. Still Spider-Man 2 is a kick ass game.

THis thread makes my head hurt.

Here's a very easy explanation for anyone who's mildly confused like I am (even though I know how it works):

- Place $5 down on a "selected" preorder (I was told Madden 2005)

- Trade in certain non-POX games for $10 each, others at face value

***Keep in mind that preorders do NOT constitute a "contract," that is, at ANY time you are allowed to revoke your preorder and apply the credit towards any other preorder!***

This turns out to be ~4.50 or so profit on each game. We should compile a list of POX games.

At my local store (San Pedro, CA):
non-POX
Monopoly Party ($7) (XBX)
Music Maker (PS2)
Gun Metal (XBX)

POX
Freaky Flyers (PS2)

..have to run to my car to remember the rest, will update

POX
Herdy Gerdy[/b]

FYI - that list is out of date as EB removed *a lot* of games from their exclusion list a few weeks ago. I know that BOF:DQ, Wild Arms 3, Silent Hill 2 and Dark Cloud can now be traded in for $10 credit, for example. It's basically sports games and anything released in 2000/2001 that are excluded. Your best bet is to just call and ask if a particular game is eligible for the Spiderman 2 promotion; the employees I've talked to have been very helpful.

if your trading in new sealed games i would hope EB would give you more then 10 bucks toward ncaa,spider2 etc.

this is only a warm deal imo.

bread's done
Back