Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
we7logo.gif

1st Prize is a Winning Eleven 7 prize package which includes:
WE7 game for the PS2
WE7 poster
WE7 soccer jersey.

2nd Prize is CheapyD's used copy of Winning Eleven 6 (PS2)

Simply post on this thread any soccer experiences you may have and/or why you want to win this contest.

Contest ends 2/17/04 at 12:01 AM EST, the day of the release of Winning Eleven 7.

One entry per user, winner will be chosen at random.
Check out the great reviews
Check out movies and screenshots
we7.gif

I want to win this contest becauise I always hear how good this game is and I don't have any soccer games. I've rented a lot and they are a lot of fun though.

I used to watch the local socccer teams play, Soccer and Hockey are the only two sports I can watch without getting bored to death.

Thanks for having this contest!

I'll be honest the only soccer game I've been to is my nieces, but I have watched it on TV during major games. But my big soccer memory is playing excitebike 64 and there is the game in it where you drive on a bike against another player and try to get a HUGE ball into a socker net....

I want to win this contest because my girlfriend is a Winning Eleven fiend and I know that she would love this one as soon as it came out.

My best soccer memory was watchin Arsenal beat Manchester United 3-2 in England...an excellent game and I doubt I'll ever see any better.

I played soccer in rec and all through high school. Our offense stunk so us defense guys played most of the game. It was fun beating the tiny forwards that thought they could out finesse us bruts.

It would be nice to play a game that would let me know what it's like to have an offense.

I had a terrible experiance in a little league soccer club years ago... No one on my team scored a goal and we lost every game. I just want to win one game of soccer...

Hmm, soccer....FIFA '94.
It's been way too long since I played a good soccer game. And this is about the closest I would ever get to playing real soccer.

I once got hit in the head with a soccer ball while walking towards a drinking fountain.
I want the game cause I enjoyed sega soccer slam and wonder how accurate that is.

I want to win because the game is free!

But seriously: I played soccer for the better part of 12 years (ages 4-16). As time has gone on, I've begun to miss the sport. But as of now I'm severly out of shape and smoke a pack-and-a-half a day, so playing again is pretty much out of the question.

Truthfully, regardless of whether I win or not, I plan to own this game sometime soon. So... PICK ME ANYWAY!! :lol:

Ok here is my most remembered moment ever on the pitch. Back when I was in my Freshmen year in high school, I was the starting Center for my school Freshmen team so I was half way decent back then. So one day in PE we was all playing soccer and mostly everyone knew I was pretty good so in the middle of the game I got the ball at about mid-field and as I was bring it down the field this one kid ON MY TEAM trys to go for the ball and he kicked me right square in the groin. When he kicked me i swear i heard everything just go silent on the field while im laying on the ground in pain. So when i finally get off the ground they make me go see the school nurse who was hot and you can figure out the embarrassment when i told her what happend.

Yeah so pretty much that was the last time I played soccer in PE and now I stick to mostly Videogame Soccer so it would be pretty cool to win the best soccer game around.

That was funny. I am sorry you were embarressed. But I got a laugh from it. Question - What did you do to the guy who kicked you?

Anyway, I played soccer through middle school, high school, college and some indoor after college. Not until my senior year did I finally find a position that I could play - goalie. I just played it like I was a CB or S in football. I had a blast my senior year. Then in college I started 1 game my freshman year - a playoff game we won 1-0. Our starting goalie was back the next game, and we lost 3-2. I played in 2 games my freshman year, both when our goalie was hurt, and I did not give up a goal. My sophmore year I played in a game and gave up a goal on a penalty shot. I guess I played my junior and senior year, but I don't remember. I do know I never lost a game I started... I was not flashy, and that hurt me with the player/coaches. But I was aggressive and had a ton of fun.

In indoor my first year I did really well, but that was probably more of a reflection on my team than on me. Than I went with a team from my church. By the end, I was happy to come out of goal and run around the field. :) Indoor - The shots are typically low shots, and there are few breakaways. Most are just ripped. So I had a rough time.

All in all, soccer as soccer stinks. But when you get to be goalie it is great!!!

To Him be the glory.

Take Care,
Matthew

I played Soccer a lot while I was in grade school, so Soccer in Genernal reminds me of times when I was with friends that I do not see anymore. I would like to win this contest because not only am I a Soccer Fan, but im a big sports fan. And I have not played a decent Soccer Game lately :(.

Its all good. Thats why I posted it cause its funny but I didnt really do anything to the kid except yell at him a little the next day. After that i pretty much didnt even sweat it after all it was an accident.

Last good soccer game I played was Street Sport Soccer on the c64. I'd like to play another good soccer game and this looks to be it.

I love soccer or most of the people in the world call it football. Love the world cup, and since I can't play in that I need to play this game. GOOOOALLL

Soccer is a decent sport in real life, it's pretty much just running with a ball thrown into the mix. Videogames are a diferent story however, with some of my fondest gaming moments involving virtual striker for the dreamcast and ALOT of trashtalking. I think soccer games should start including the soccer riots and hooligans, it would truely be a good time.

I used to play soccer in little league and jr high, I have no real fond memories about it, I think we lost most of our games. A few years later I coached a little league team, I would have to say the bestmemory of it is finally winning a game.....the last game of the year.

I would like to win this game for all the cheapasses out there who like to boycott they're local game stores because they are sick of being reamed in the arse, for my mother rest her soul who died with a soccer jersie on, for all the meek of the Earth who have not yet accepted me as they're leader, and for me because it is free.

(all stories stated in second paragraph have been altered for promoting myself purposes, and my mother is still alive, if you do want to accept me as your leader send a p.m. with your allegiance.)

I would to win this game because it would be a great game for me and my new wife to play together. She loves them puzzle games, but this is a game that we could actually play together as we are both huge soccer fans....and this is the best game to play.

When I was maybe 14 or so, I was playing soccer at summer day camp on a mini makeshift field between the fences surrounding a cabin in the park. I really dont play sports, I'm more of a spectator, and I was pretty bad, but for a quick moment I zoned out and I took the ball by myself almost the whole length of the field (which granted, wasnt very far) past most of their defenders, off the fence boundary, and then at the last moment passed it to someone for an easy goal; I suppose everyone was expecting me to try to finish it off. That is really my only soccer memory, and one of the only times I've played

I havent played soccer since I was like 8, and I remember not being any good.

I'd like to win this contest, simply because I've heard so many great things about the WE series, and I haven't played a good soccer game since Worldwide Soccer for Saturn.

I played intermural soccer with a few of my old chums last semester in college. I didn't have cleats so i borrowed some from my foriegn friend's . They were incredibly small, but i wore them anyhow. About halfway through the second hald i start getting these bad pains in my big toes so i go to the side line and take my cleats off and then my socks and discover my big toes are both bleeding underneath the toe nail because i was playing in shoes that were too small. Sadly four months late the still are majorly f'ed up. And now one is halfway falling off.

Was Goalie senior year of High School, tie game .... very tense .... missed a block and let a fart slip that was so loud that no one even noticed that the other team scored ...

I've never been any good at soccer. I was pretty good at mega man soccer though. That game was awesome. You'd get 2 special shots a game which were pretty much sure goals if you were close enough. The computer had those too but they'd always waste them. I hope this game is harder than mega man soccer was.

I was never that good in my Youth Soccer Association, always on D, etc. I never expected to win a game, or kick the winning goal, nothing. I would try my best, and my best was never good enough to play on the front line.

One day however, the game slowed down. I was watching as the opposing team dribbled the ball down field, my team mate on the other side of the field trying desperately to get the ball away from our opponent. I start running to give him a hand, and the ball is kicked, flying through the air. It hits the ground hard right in front of the goalie, who dives and misses it. Reacting quicker than I ever had, I slide behind the goalie, knocking the ball away from the goal just as it approaches the white line, saving the ball.

Needless to say, the other team scored as soon as they kicked the corner kick, but, I had my moment of glory.

As for winning this contest, I'd have to say that I'd like to win to try out a game that I have never gotten the privelage of playing before, and to try to recreate my glorious days in SYSA :D

4 Reasons Why I should win!

1. My daughter (7yo) plays soccer
2. I haven't had a soccer game is Sega Saturn
3. Pele RULES!
4. Plus I am to cheap to buy it myself!

I haven't played soccer since gym class in high school, and it did not last too long due to the amount of physical contact that was involved

I'd like to win because I haven't played a soccer game since fifa on the sega cd and I would probably have fun with a soccer game once again.

I want to win this game because i played soccer for four years when i was a kid and i SUCKED! I need this game to make me feel like all those years were worth something. I will be able to do what i never could in real life.

I played soccer for several years growing up. However, the fondest memories of soccer come from playing 4 on 4 Fifa at Blookies house during his yearly 4th of July BBQ Bonanza. Good times... Good times...

Winning Eleven is the best soccer francise around. Steep learning curve, but the degree of contol can not be beat.

In elementary school, I always participated in the soccer intramurals after-school. They were a lot of fun, but I never played soccer in high school.

Before getting Winning Eleven 6, my only video game experience with soccer games was Super Soccer (SNES). :lol: Obviously, that's a big jump. I absolutely LOVED WE6; I played it nonstop, as did my brother. We ended up trading it for another game we really wanted. The funny thing is that I got WE6 as a result of winning a soccer quiz contest on another message board. :)

Here's my review of Winning Eleven 6 International (off-site link to GameRankings). Read that if you want for my full opinion on the game.

Needless to say, I'd really love to win Winning Eleven 7. WE6 made me see soccer games in a different light, and I'd love to experience that again with WE7. My brother would be happy as well. :)

I haven't played soccer since elementary school. I don't like playing it live, but I do enjoy playing the digital version. Why do I want to win this contest? This is looking to be a pretty good soccor game, it would be nice to have.

This is the first contest I enter here on CAG.I want to enter because I really love soccer.I played for my church and we won second place last year.I've never owned a soccer game because they're a little on the expensive side and winning one would be awesome.

I want to to win because I like Soccer, and Winning Eleven :) Actually I sold about 15 copies of the last one on recommendations from me, so anyways I would die to have this one.

I used to play soccer in middle school as well.

I loved numero six and from what I hear, I'll LOVE number 7!

I've played the old SNES FIFAS, couldn't really get to like the PS2 ones, but love this series.

I've played soccer (sweeper) from 12-18 and still play pick-ups at the local parks now.

Thanks for helping out the CAG community. =)

The reason i would like to win this package is because i am originally from Manchester, England. Being from England it is hard to not like Soccer (or football as we call it). I am a huge Manchester United Fan, i used to play soccer at school and almost everyday with my friends. This would be a nice replacement for me because i haven't been as involved since i left my home, home to the Old Trafford Heroes (Man U).

I want to win this contest because I've heard many great things about Winning Eleven 6, and hopefully I'll get to try out Winning Eleven 7.

WEll I'd love to have this game!!
I'm a season ticket holder for the Rochester Raging Rhino's. Hopefully we will go to the MLS once our new park opens.
Funny how you post this, I was just playing FIFA 97 yesterday on the SNES, and my friend and I were comparing how the graphics have changed for 2004. I'd much rather play FIFA 97, then 2004. They hardly changed at all. So at gamestop yesterday, I asked how much they'd give my for FIFA. They said $18. I said it's not worth $0.01.

So he stated his famous line, " Did you reserve Winning Eleven 7 yet?"
I said uhhh no, but if you give me about $35 I will.
I sure hope I win this contest, and if not,
Anybody want to trade this game for FIFA 2004??

when i was younger, around second or third grade, me and my best friend went to this field behind our school to play soccer. they had soccer goals, and it sounded like a good time. well, we were playing for awhile, and then i accidentally kicked the ball into his face. this was totally unintentional (really), but he didn't believe me, and proceeded to start the first and only physical fight i have ever been in. i mean, it wasn't that physical, he pulled my hair like a little girl, but let me tell you something, my scalp hurt. a lot. he left and went back to my house before i could, and then deleted my mario paint project that i had been working on (for quite a long time too!). boy was i mad.

so why do i want the game? i want it because one of the most memorable experiences in my life has to do with soccer. i want it because even though i always wanted a school soccer team we never had one. i want it because i want to play it with the friend i mentioned (we are still friends, yes), and maybe i can kick the ball into the face of one of his players, or at least crush him with my intense video game soccer skills.

My best soccer memory - playing soccer for 6 years when I was a kid.

Why I want to win - so I can play this game that is supposedly very good.

I used to play soccer in high school. I always took the position of goalie; less running, occasional diving, and the odd spastic defensive reaction whenever the ball came my way... which wasn't very often.

JUMPERS FOR GOAL POSTS! :)

Soccer is cool. I played soccer when I was little. I sucked at it.

I want to win this game because I suck at soccer and I would like to redeem myself. Thanks. :)

Soccer is never my sport until I played them on video games. I vividly remember the soccer game I first played with my NES whose characters were based on the ones from River City Ransom. It was one of the very best soccer games I ever played. Until today, I still own that game and its mini version of it on Gameboy!

Not being able to find another soccer game as good as that one and for so long, I heard great things about Winning Eleven and will love to try this game out. It might just become my second love of my life. Heee

This season, both my children started playing soccer. More than once, they would have games simultaneously, at fields several hundred feet apart, so I would get my excerise hobbling back and forth between them (I have a physical handicap, more on that later). On one particular day, I got to see my 8-year old son, who is a bit out of shape and asthmatic to boot, really hustle and make both a decent showing as goalie for a while and then really doing an excellent job defending... An exceptional day, his personal best to date.

The same day, my 6-year old daughter, in a league with children mostly larger than her, continued her usual high level of hustle, but for once was not very tredidatious about getting in and trying to get the ball. (At that age at least, it seems like the girls are mostly resisting the urge to be polite... ("She's got the ball, it would be rude to go kick it away from her")) She drove in time and time again in this, her last game of the season, and then she really surprised me and jumped up and chested a really hard kick that was headed right for her team's goal. IT completely knocked the air out of her lungs and she collapsed. It is the first time this has ever happened to her, and I could recall the panic when it happened to me as a child as the coach helped her regain her breath. She got up and continued to drive on, and had a great story to go with the last day of her first season.

I am also trying to get her into computer and video gaming, and would like to try something that appeals to her other than the ubiquitous Barbiesoft.
My son already enjoys gaming, and I like to find non-violent content for him.

And finally, I have a physical impediment to playing with them on the field. I have a semi-functional knee, that only bends part way, has no real cartiledge and poor ligamentation. I also have a hole in my femur that requires me to avoid running and putting sudden force on my leg.
This game would give me the chance to participate with my children in something they enjoy.

My fiance is a huge soccer fan and hasn't been able to play anymore, and I know she misses it. I had WE6 and she loved playing it, but when I had to sell the console for an unexpected bill, she was sad to see it go.

i used to play soccer games back in the sega genesis days. Really enjoyed playing those type of games back then. Would be very nice to add a soccer game to my already growing ps2 copllection (thanks to cheapassgamer by the way)!

I am BIG BIG soccer fan ever. Ussually, I played alot soccer games with my friends whenever i pickup new Release game. So far FF'04 is great series in the US but still not BEST compare with WE series.

I did played WE6 is Excellent game and had alot replay value. I can't wait to get my hand on WE7 whenever it coming out.

Yes, i really wanted win Free Copy but i don't think i have Luck (I played alot contest in 2-3 from now but i never win).

I did REALLY REALLY NEED TO WIN this CONSTEST :)

I have only played soccer at the high school level, so by no means am I a super duper soccer stud. But here is a funny experience I had during my rookie (freshman) season.

I play fullback (defense) because I know I suck at dribbling the ball. My philosophy has always been, I don't mind letting the ball get through me (at least there is a goalie to stop it), but the player isn't going to. So in one game, there was a high arcing ball and I was standing behind the forward, both of us trying to trap the ball. I think I might have nudged him just a bit ;) Anyway, he fell forward and I got called for a yellow card.

At the time, I didn't even know what happened as it was purely unintentional. But my coach screamed at me to get off the field so I obliged.

Heh, it was funny, in retrospect, I knew that guy faked the fall. No way was I pushing him that hard, although I was bigger than him :)

That set the tone for the rest of my years of playing soccer as a fullback.

After one humiliating loss (a few seasons later), my coach singled me out after the game. He praised me because apparently, I took down some guy and he said I was the only guy showing any emotion or efforts on the team. Even though we lost big (probably on the magnitude of 0 to 8), I was beaming. I attack every forward and I pride myself for not letting anyone get through my side of the field (I usually play right fullback).

Anyway, not the most interesting story but a philosophy was instilled in me through one incident and set the tone of my play for the next 3 seasons!

-------

I want to win because I have always wanted to try the WE series. I know they are the best, and when I got a PS2 (finally!) late last year, I almost bought WE6 but read that WE7 is coming. So I decided to hold off till this one comes out! Well, now might be the perfect opportunity for me. Make no mistake, if I win this, I would not sell or trade this, heck, I would immediate rip it open and stick it in my PS2.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

My favorite Soccer/Football related memory dates back probably a decade now. I was in England with my parents, visiting my relatives; I'm first generation American. The world cup was in full swing and I got to watch several of the matches and it was really intense and exciting. I've never been too big on sports, but Soccer is a game that I really enjoy playing and watching.

Additionally, the Winning Eleven series has a very good reputation and I'd love to win this contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back