The Official CC Luck Topic (today's the day - 07.11.04)!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I'm wondering if anyone has been to CC today and noticed an increase of games on the shelves. I went to my local CC yesterday and everything was gone. I'm wondering if it is worth another trip...

I know a lot of people say not to call, but you could if you want to, I just wouldn't ask for specific titles because they might take them.

I'd ask if they have games in the back, if they are keeping them there till Sunday, if the local warehouse has been cleaned out, etc.

And if the Circuit City is within 15 minutes of your house, it doesn't hurt to just drive up there yourself.

I'm planning on hitting a few CC's today.

Yep. I went to CC and got 6 games.

Wipeout Fusion- PS2
State of Emergency- PS2
Haven: Call of the King- PS2
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory- PS2
Red Faction 2- Xbox
Oddworlo: Munch's Oddysee- Xbox

And I'm not gonna sell them like other ass holes.

[quote name='MysticMike01']Yep. I went to CC and got 6 games.

Wipeout Fusion- PS2
State of Emergency- PS2
Red Faction 2- Xbox

And I'm not gonna sell them like other ass holes.[/quote]

I assume you bought them today?? And did you go to this CC this past weekend?? Were these games left over or newly put out??

Sorry, I have a lot of questions lol.

I went today and found nothing - actually i think someone cleared it out - location was Natick, MA

I'm not sure about this 'corporate told all the CC's that were pulling games to put them back' thing floating around. I checked out one of my local CC's at lunch and they didn't look like they had any intention of putting them back on the shelves before Sunday. No increase in games on the shelves, no new bin, the usual dirty looks from CC employees.

I plan on checking my other CC close to my house on the way home but I'm not expecting anything.

I actually found another copy of Gladius and Frequency... I was kind of surprised! Most of everything else was gone I think... I did see an Okage too.

[quote name='MixMasta'][quote name='MysticMike01']Yep. I went to CC and got 6 games.

Wipeout Fusion- PS2
State of Emergency- PS2
Red Faction 2- Xbox

And I'm not gonna sell them like other ass holes.[/quote]

I assume you bought them today?? And did you go to this CC this past weekend?? Were these games left over or newly put out??

Sorry, I have a lot of questions lol.[/quote]

a man who worked there said that they had their employers get all of the 5 dollar games and put them into a bin. so when I got there all of the 5 dollar games were in a bin. I didn't go there this past weekend, and I'm guessing they left over if they were already there for the employees to put the price tags on them and put them in a bin. But the man I was talking to also said that they weren't putting out all the 5 dollar games until the 11th. So Im gonna go back on the 11th and get my game on.

[quote name='dj_paxis']I actually found another copy of Gladius and Frequency... I was kind of surprised! Most of everything else was gone I think... I did see an Okage too.[/quote]

I saw an Okage also. I was gonna pick it up but I didn't know how it was gona be...

I just got back from another CC trip. I got:

ESPN Final Round Golf 2002 (GBA)
Splinter Cell (GBA)
Dead to Rights (GCN)
Resident Evil Code Veronica (GCN)
Chaos Legion (PS2)
Bloody Roar 4 (PS2)

The employees there were scanning every game on the shelves one by one and throwing the ones that rang up $5 in a giant bin. I wanted to wait there to see what else came up because ESPN Final Round Golf 2002 (GBA) and Splinter Cell (GBA) weren't on the "official" list but they were in the bin. I wonder what else will make it in there....

I went on my lunch break today and picked up:

Xbox
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Mad Dash Racing
XGRA

PS2
Kinetica
Aqua Aqua
The Adventures of Cookie and Cream (this wasn't on the official list)

These were all there Monday when I went there. There is still quite a few 4.99 games to be found at mine, but not many more I'm interested in. The CC employees were moving all the 4.99 games into a bin at mine for the sale on the 11th, but said I could still buy any of the games for 4.99 now. I asked them about possible restock on some of the titles I'm looking for like Aliens Vs. Predator (Xbox) or Disgaea and they said they weren't sure, but they wouldn't rule it out. They thought there might be a possibility that they might get some of the newer titles back in, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. HTH

I made a road trip to Holland, MI this morning to visit the store there. Three other guys had lists; mine (from CAG) was the most complete. Until...the video games employee gave us her list. She was busy pulling out games and putting them into a preprinted $4.99 bin.

Selection wasn't bad. I got:
Dynasty Tactics (PS2) (bin)
Megaman X7 (PS2) (shelf)
Gitaroo Man (PS2) (shelf)
MGS2: Substance (XB) (shelf)
Shenmue II (XB) (shelf)
Syberia (XB) (bin)
Megaman Battle Network 2 (GBA) (shelf)
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (GBA) (shelf)

The store had more copies of Klonoa and Syberia. The others on my list were the only copies at that location. One of the guys said that he was in the store last night and they definitely hadn't restocked since Saturday.

holy crap i will have to check my local cc stores bc i figured they were wiped out after sunday.

thnx to everyone who posted here.

I went again today even though I'm almost broke. I picked up a few more games:

PS2
Activision Anthology
Chaos Legion

Xbox
SpyHunter
SpyHunter 2

The selection wasn't very good, they moved almost all the $4.99 games into one bin but most of the good games were gone. There were still some $4.99 games on the shelves I think, I saw a few copies of Frequency on the shelves. SpyHunter rung up $19.99 on the register and didn't have $4.99 written over the price label like the other games I got, but the cashier was cool and scanned the SpyHunter 2 twice. The game was in the bin anyways.

Went yesterday and found mostly dregs . . . Futurama, Rugrats (for my son), Sub Rebellion. Stuff buried on the shelves . . . the discount bin was pretty empty had mostly JamPack demos.

. . . seemed pretty picked over . . . I don't know if my store has held anything back for the 11th. So, the actual sale itself could be a total bust?!

I went to mine (Bailey's Crossroads, VA). They are tapped out. An employee was pulling what was left to put in a $4.99 bin. All I saw were sports games (mostly 2001-2002) and maybe Super Duper Sumos for GBA. He told me that some guy called earlier and said that he was going to bring a truck over to buy all the $5 games. He can have them. I went to this same location on Monday and it was already crazy cleaned out. One guy had about 30 games in his arms with his pregnant wife following behind him. Well, we know what's really important here! :D

went to brookfield, WI stores today and got..

Stuntman (GBA)
Klonoa (GBA)
All Star Baseball 2004 (Xbox)
XGRA (XBOX)
Mortal Kombat: DA (Xbox) *$.01 Psi-Ops promo, waited until the employee left his station and grabbed the last one*

I really wanted Morrowind:GOTY, though. so if anyone has that and wants to trade PM me.[/img]

I stopped in CC today, and they were putting out quite a few games that they had previously put in the back room. I asked the clerk who was putting stuff out about it, and he said that the order came down from HQ a couple of days ago to hide all the stuff, but that order was retracted today and they were told to put everything back out. He also said that they just got in a few boxes of stuff for the sale, but they're not allowed to open the boxes until Sunday.

The stuff they were putting out today was rather underwhelming. It looks like they were pretty well cleaned out. The only thing I bought was Phantasy Star Collection for GBA.

[quote name='astos']The selection wasn't very good, they moved almost all the $4.99 games into one bin but most of the good games were gone. There were still some $4.99 games on the shelves I think, I saw a few copies of Frequency on the shelves. SpyHunter rung up $19.99 on the register and didn't have $4.99 written over the price label like the other games I got, but the cashier was cool and scanned the SpyHunter 2 twice. The game was in the bin anyways.[/quote]

So, the cashier let you get Spy Hunter (Xbox) for $4.99, even though the actual price is $19.99?...:?

after finding out PS2 Contra is 4.99 i'm going to go back and hopfuly find three at my local CC. I already own it but going to use for trade to hopefuly get Viewtful Joe or anything else i'm looking for...timesplitters 2.

Ok here goes: Corp sent an insider email to all CC in which it said, "leaked on the the net so go ahead and put them out on the floor" ... but some CC are keepin them till sunday when the sale will be advertised... it will also be advertised the 18, and 25th of July. And no, there will be NO REPLENISHMENTS. And these are PERMANENT markdowns but the goal is to SELL them all off.

Went back to one just cause I was in the area. Place was cleaned out. I asked an employee to pricecheck some older stuff that wasn't on the list. Got Gradius Galaxies.

[quote name='bradr']One guy had about 30 games in his arms with his pregnant wife following behind him. Well, we know what's really important here! :D[/quote]

Crap, that might have been me although I only had about 4 or 5 games... :shock:

I went yesterday, since CC is sorta close to my house . There was nothing worth purchasing left. Cleaned out.

I chatted with an employee for a minute. I asked him if he had any knowlegde on the possible sunday sale. He said he didnt know, but if they did, the store would see a restock. So just check back on Sunday.

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='bradr']One guy had about 30 games in his arms with his pregnant wife following behind him. Well, we know what's really important here! :D[/quote]

Crap, that might have been me although I only had about 4 or 5 games... :shock:[/quote]

I noticed you're from Jersey, the CC I was at is in VA, so unless you were down for the weekend. This guy definitely had 25 or so games. His arms were stretche down as far as it could go, his hand was supporting the first game and the rest of the games were stacked on top of that. It went from his thigh to about his neck (the stack of games).

Congratulations on the baby, though!

ive been checkin the cc closest to me every day...and they've been getting what looks to be at least a 10 game restock per day...each day i find something new, knowing ive checked everything the day before, and the day before, and the day before....so i called my other cc, a lil further down the road, and the guy who answered was extremely nice, almost blow me nice, and said that his store gets restocks on thursdays, fridays, and sundays...he told me that the restocks of $4.99 games would be pretty steady at that store up until the end of july...lucky me

I didn't go to CC today because I'm dead broke and have no intention of using my upcoming paycheck at CC. So I'm gonna make like a crack addict and find some shit lying around my house that I could pawn.

Here's the stuff I got today:

WWE WrestleMania XIX
Dead to Rights, Xbox
Magical Quest GBA
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Prisoner of War
Freekstyle GBA
Quantum Redshift, Xbox
Smuggler’s Run Warzones
GTA Collection

I saw someone purchase two big bags full (at least 30 games) at CC on monday, and another carrying a stack of at least 10 games while he was picking out even more. I pretty much gave up after that point, thinking that these guys are out to buy everything that they could and try to sell it on ebay or something. It is good to know that those of us who are just buying games for ourselves to actually play might have a chance despite those who view this as a money making opportunity. I missed out on the best buy clearance the last time because all that was left was not even worth the $5 to me. I am a little too old for Jimmy Neutron. :lol:

Activision Anthology for $4.99? Wow, that's a heck of a deal.

The CC (in Indy) had a $4.99 bin, and it had mostly PS1 junk. I went ahead and tried Pikmin, and bingo - it was a fin. Definitely head out to your local store if you want anything on the list.

FWIW, the guy told me they just got some more stuff in, and would be getting more in on Saturday as well.

RD

i ran like 5 CCs within the last 3 days. i started this CC run really late. but today i had the best experience as the worker was hella helpful and get this... last night they pulled all the $5 games, but NOT back into the warehouse for storage till 11th. but to put in a $5 bargin bin!! woot! (they were tired of ppl fucking up their display searching for that cheapass game.

my CC scores are in my sig. %80 of it came from today. ppl pm me if ya want or have. thanks ya'll

[quote name='bradr']One guy had about 30 games in his arms with his pregnant wife following behind him. :D[/quote]

Are you sure she was pregnant, and not carrying more games under her shirt

Found some slim pickings at the CC in Millbury, MA today. Grabbed a copy of P.N. 03. There were some more of those left, some RE: Code Veroinica for GC, some Megaman NT for GC, and some MGS2: Substance for XBOX. These were the noteworthies, as well as some crap games in a 4.99 bin.

They were already dumping into bins at the CC I was at. The dude behind the counter told me that they were going to have some "official" announcement later in the week...I guess in the Sunday paper. Anyway, I'd suggest getting there either Saturday or Sunday, see what they get. My guess is that all the REALLY good stuff is gone, and the re-stocks will be crap like Aqua Aqua...but I have certainly been wrong before!! 8)

RD

well i hope my CC(about an hour and a half away) get a shipment thursday......because thats my first and last time going there until this ends.......

I managed to buy GT Advance 3 Concept for the GBA today for $5 (that was a new one I hadn't seen on the list). Another game I had the opportunity to get was an XBox Indycar racing game, but I passed on it.

Steve A.

Me and two friends checked 2 local CCs. I ended up with Frequency and Freestyl MetalX, and they got about 20 between them- the best ones among them being Spyhunter, MX Rider, and State of Emergency.

The CC employee in Willow Grove, PA was just starting to price two bins when I walked in. I picked up Gladius, Gunvalkyrie, NASCAR 2003, & FIFA 2003 (GBA). They didn't have much.

I also checked Montgomeryville, PA. I picked up Chaos Legion, Indiana Jones, Gradius (GBA), Freedom Fighters, Disaster Report, & Bloodrayne. They had a liitle more. Some PS1 and Dreamcast games too.

It was varied between CC locations. I found out that 1 store had pulled what was left of the $5 games (though I had found most of the good ones previously) and another put most of the $5 games in a bin (what was left). I did snag:
Bomberman Generations
Dragon Warrior VII
Spy Hunter 2
Voodoo Vince
F-Zero MV
Pikmin (player's choice was stickered at $5!)

I guess I'm gonna be broke if I get there when CC opens on the 11th...

bread's done
Back