POLL: Taking Advantage of CC Deal -- Your opinion

Personally I don't agree with doing this and I wouldn't but if CC allows it then there is nothing to say.

depends on what the profit is going to....if you're just being entirely greedy and you're already a rich bastard....then you're now more of a rich bastard....but if you're struggling or need money bad, do what you gotta do...all we're all trying to do is survive....some of us just dont need to, while many others have to

I sold disgaea, cause I knew it would pay for half of my purchases, other than that, I kept what I wanted and am selling the rest to CAG

I have done it (but not to a great extent), but did not do it this time. I mainly do it to pay for games that I buy for myself. I try to offer up stuff on here before taking it to ebay.

I haven't done it and don't care if others do. I don't go to sales with the intent of making a quick dollar. If it's something I don't want I don't buy it just for trade or profit.

Those that buy things for those reasons don't bother me at all. I have more important things to think about than others hoarding games.

I'm fine with someone going and getting Disgaea or Rez and using that to finance their gaming, I never expected to get anything rare/quasi-rare. What I'm not fine with is someone going and buying every single cheap game, so that there were no games available for anyone.

I could have gotten PSO 1&2, which could have financed my whole purchase, but didn't. I left the deals I didn't definitely want on the shelves for other people.

If you buy a few copies to sell, no big deal. But when I see pricks loading up 20 copies of the same game, it tempts me to wait for them in the f'ing parking lot and run them over.

Not doing it myself but for those that do, eh don't really care. CC didn't limit the stuff like they should leaving a huge hole for those that wanted to exploit the deal, sucks but people can only act human.

well really, what's "taking advantage"... I bought about 70 games. The only duplicate I got was 1 extra copy of Dark Cloud 2.

I'm not gonna sell any of the games I bought. They are for my collection. Is that "taking advantage?"

[quote name='The_Continental']well really, what's "taking advantage"... I bought about 70 games. The only duplicate I got was 1 extra copy of Dark Cloud 2.

I'm not gonna sell any of the games I bought. They are for my collection. Is that "taking advantage?"[/quote]

Eh think you misunderstood, taking advantage as in selling the stuff within 5 minutes of getting home. BTW thats a hell of a lot of games.

[quote name='The_Continental']well really, what's "taking advantage"... I bought about 70 games. The only duplicate I got was 1 extra copy of Dark Cloud 2.

I'm not gonna sell any of the games I bought. They are for my collection. Is that "taking advantage?"[/quote]

In the context of this discussion, no that is not taking advantage.

I, too, got about 70 games, with only a few dups. I did buy a disgaea to sell on half.com to finance some of my purchases (I just mailed it), and I am trying to make a profit on PSO I&II (GC) (I originally bought PSO with the intent of keeping it, and before I even knew about the sale. After considering how much it can sell for, I decided I could use the money more than the game). When I bought dups, I never took the last copy. All of the DOA:XBV I bought (3) are going to local CAGs at or near cost ($6 at most). In addition, 8 other games that I bought for my own use are being sold at $6 a piece to a local CAG who didn't get to the stores as early as I did, and I will be posting more for sale/trade in the near future. I don't feel too badly about selling some of the games for profit, because it enables me to sell the others at or near cost to other CAGs who were unable to get them from the store. If I had left those 3 copies of XBV at the stores (they weren't all from the same CC), then a non-CAG might have gotten them -- not the worst thing in the world, but I knew a lot of CAGs would want it. I believe in giving back to the community.

I did buy a copy of a few games that I already owned in order to sell and thus lower my total cost per unit, i.e. I already own game X, which I bought for $15, I then buy another copy of X for $5, and sell it for $12, so my effective cost for the copy of game X that I keep is $8 ($15 + $5 - $12).

bread's done
Back