Streets of Rage 4 - Beats of Rage (Dreamcast)

I just downloaded and burned a copy for my DC. I have to say, it's not bad at all. Definitely has the streets of rage feel. And best of all, it's free!

I used Alcohol 120% to burn the game (it's .cdi format). In order to boot the game I had to start the DC with the lid open, and then boot the game from the BIOS screen.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Mike23']It doesn't work with my program, anyone else have any urls to others that work.[/quote]

Could you be a little more specific? What program are you using?

As far as links go, the one I provided is the official site. Not sure what more you would need... :whistle2:s

I used Alcohol 120% and both the NRG and CDI image, neither worked. I also tried booting it with the disk loader, no dice. It brings me to the screen with the CD player.

Did you boot it correctly? Remember that I said you have to turn on the DC with the lid open AND THEN boot it from the BIOS screen. It wont boot otherwise.

EDIT: I used a TDK to burn the game so it can't be your media.

I'm gonna sound completely dumb..but if the BIOS screen isn't the one with the four options, I have no clue what it is.

That's not dumb at all. That's exactly where you need to boot the game from.

One thing I should mention. My experience with burned dreamcast games has taught me to burn them at 8x. Anything above that speed and you are risking coaster creation. A lot of people will dispute this but I honestly feel its a YMMV choice.

If max speed doesn't work for you, try 8x.

There are some Dreamcast;s that can't play burns. I have a Dreamcast that works beautifully, but won't play any burns at all.

[quote name='Mike23']Well, it has to be my burner. I'll try with a friend's but thanks for all your help.[/quote]

I've heard of some DC's not being able to play burns. I have two DC's and I must admit, one of them isn't very partial to burns. Out of curiosity Mike, did you try an 8x burn? Also, what brand is your burner?

I did try an 8x burn, from the BIOS screen, didn't work.and my burner is called like Compact Disc Rewriteable high speed.

Pretty good game. Great for the price. Does anyone else think that the characters are a little too big? Sometimes enemies get a cheap shot in because the character's so big there's not much room to manuver. Has anyone finished it yet? I can't remember how far I got but it was past the lift stage where enemies dropped down and you could throw them off. I miss the running but small price to pay. Daphatty - thanks for the game! =D>

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']Could be cuz you are using CD-RW discs....I'd try CD-Rs cuz I dunno if any DC reads CD-RW.[/quote]

I think you are mistaken. He is using TDK CD-Rs (same brand I use). The rewritable part was in the name of his burner. Prolly some generic offshoot...

just got it for my dc, used tdk cd-r's, a lite on drive, and burned at 8x. i loaded from the bios menu (didnt try it other way yet) but it works just fine. i cant believe im playing a new streets of rage, even if it isnt official. one quick question, on the dc version, is anyone elses sound really low? i had to jack my reciever volume up to 40 (by comparison, raiden trad on snes is deafening on 40). still, its a great game and if you can get it, you dont even need a modded dc.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']just got it for my dc, used tdk cd-r's, a lite on drive, and burned at 8x. i loaded from the bios menu (didnt try it other way yet) but it works just fine. i cant believe im playing a new streets of rage, even if it isnt official. one quick question, on the dc version, is anyone elses sound really low? i had to jack my reciever volume up to 40 (by comparison, raiden trad on snes is deafening on 40). still, its a great game and if you can get it, you dont even need a modded dc.[/quote]

Wow! We must be twins. I have the EXACT same setup. TDK media. Lite-On burner. :p

Not sure about the sound issue. I'm playing my DC through my official Sega VGA adapter and running the sound through my PC. Looks and sounds fine to me.

[quote name='daphatty']Wow! We must be twins. I have the EXACT same setup. TDK media. Lite-On burner. :p[/quote]

dont worry, im the evil one :twisted:
one a side note, my game loads fine, even without going to the bios screen. just push power and it starts. i must be lucky :D

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']is the link suddenly not working for anyone else? if i try to go to it i get a forbidden message[/quote]

Me too. :(

bread's done
Back