So I just.......YMMV (must read)

Kevtones

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
....price matched the shit out of EBGames. After destroying CC this weekend I took my knowledge to EBGames about 30 minutes ago in full knowledge of their price matching. So low and behold, for the grand total of $29.94 I picked up MvsC2, Dark Cloud 2, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, RECVX and a little title called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

The reason this is YMMV is because many times EB doesnt price match and considering i used to work there (i got fired about 6 weeks ago because taking a demo disk lmao) my fellow coworker knew what was up. So basically I just got a lot of nice games for cheap as sin and stuck it to the man (EBGames), join me?

[quote name='Kevtones']....price matched the shit out of EBGames. After destroying CC this weekend I took my knowledge to EBGames about 30 minutes ago in full knowledge of their price matching. So low and behold, for the grand total of $29.94 I picked up MvsC2, Dark Cloud 2, Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, RECVX and a little title called Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

The reason this is YMMV is because many times EB doesnt price match and considering i used to work there (i got fired about 6 weeks ago because taking a demo disk lmao) my fellow coworker knew what was up. So basically I just got a lot of nice games for cheap as sin and stuck it to the man (EBGames), join me?[/quote]

What is Ebgames price matching policy? I was unaware they price matched at all.

Their employee who was hired after I was terminated called CC, and asked about two of the games, I then showed him my receipt from CC and he was trusting enough to just go ahead with all 6 games. I'm gonna try and use a DIG CAM and get the RECEIPT up

Their employee who was hired after I was terminated called CC, and asked about two of the games, I then showed him my receipt from CC and he was trusting enough to just go ahead with all 6 games. I'm gonna try and use a DIG CAM and get the RECEIPT up

Well, my CC is out of the games I have reciepts for, so if they're going to call, I imagine this is pointless for me.

[quote name='organicow']what did you have to present to them in order to get them to price match. Reciept?[/quote]

I've gotten a price match at an EB even without knowing about the better price. I went in once looking to get a GC 256 memory card when I got Star Fox Adventures and the woman there said "It's $5 cheaper at Best Buy, I'll price match it to that for you"

The reason this is YMMV is because many times EB doesnt price match and considering i used to work there (i got fired about 6 weeks ago because taking a demo disk lmao) my fellow coworker knew what was up. So basically I just got a lot of nice games for cheap as sin and stuck it to the man (EBGames), join me?

call yourself lucky because the employee that helped you will A) get a formal warning or B) fired. First off, EB as a company doesn't price match period (not even our own website; some districts make exceptions to this I have heard).

oh by the way I currently work in Florida and used to work up in Northern Virginia district.

yeah i would expect any employee to either get his wages garnished over this or just get canned. He is price matching games that are not in stock at cc? Way to work the system kevtones, it is cool that you were able to work the system but it sucks that the guy who took your job is going to get fired or have his wages docked. WAY TO GO!!!1111one!!

The guy that price matched it for you will definatley get canned if the manager somehow finds out he did it for you, a former employee whom he just canned for theft. He will think you and the now current employee are buddies and trying to rip the store off. Way to go.

punqsux Posted: July 7, 2004, 10:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how in the blue hell do you double post 8 mins apart?!

Wormholes and shenaningans!

Nope actually our pricematching policy was totally legit. And he was on duty by himself and trust me, the Manager can't fire him in this instance because I've that manager (my former) do the SAME THING for the Best Buy sale and there isn't even one in our area. Enjoy bashing me for no reason folks;-)

EB doesn't price match anymore, much less price match games that arent in stock. They never matched unless the item was in stock where you were trying to match to. So, the guy you got the matches from should/will get is some deep shit. He may not get fired, but I guarantee he wont be matching anymore $50 games down to 4.99.

I hit up EB after i pricematched the hell out of best buy (they didn't even ask for an ad or receipt or anything. employees were very helpful and down with the deal). The first EB had no problem with it, they just wanted to keep a copy of the receipt so they could send it to corporate. Too bad I didn't have a copy, so I decided to make a copy and go back to a diff EB. The second one I went to said no way even though they told me I could do it over the phone. Stupid EB employees.

Ukhoops sorry to say but no. Our directed policy from our DM was to price match all legitimate prices regardless of instock supply. He is in no trouble whatsoever.

bread's done
Back