DS Lite Already Sold Out In Japan

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The Crystal White DS Lite was released in Japan today and it seems it's already sold out. I didn't get out early enough today so it looks like I'm SOL for a DS Lite for the time being. I should have known there was going to be trouble last week when I saw people drooling on the DS Lite displays.

On March 11th, Nintendo will be releasing the Ice Blue and Enamel Navy colors, but after seeing all 3 in person, I think I prefer the white version.

A few local stores
:
dslitesoldout2.jpg

dslitesoldout1.jpg
dslitesoldout3.jpg

Major Japanese websites
(translated in Alta Vista):

Yodobashi Camera

Bic Camera

Heh...didn't see it.
I should have headed over to Yodobashi Akihabara to take pictures.
I suck.

[quote name='Theduck']Cheapy, Is the blue one leaning more towards black or blue? The pics online arn't enough for me to determine.[/quote] Its very much a Navy Blue, closer to blue than black.

This photo looks pretty good:

You want a white one to match the toilet you rest it on don't you?
After all that Navy blue is awesome beyond belief. Sega needs to suck up to Nintendo and make a bundle deal with an upcoming Sonic game (Sonic Rush 2 I hope)

[quote name='CheapyD']Its very much a Navy Blue, closer to blue than black.

This photo looks pretty good:[/quote]

Thanks for the pic. I was hoping it was more towards black. I just think a jet black lite would be THE SEX. :(

[quote name='integralsmatic']so when this ds lite hits states side would it be worth trading in the current ds for it?[/QUOTE]

yea i m going to be trading it in just for the fact that the screen is brighter

"the wood?" Hmmm...Thanks Alta Vista!

I had no desire to get one of these and was perfectly happy with my plain 'ole silver DS that my lovely wife surprise me with two Christmases ago...until I heard about folks over there falling all over each other to get one. Now I want it bad. Is that sad? :roll:

After you had a hands on experiecne with the Lite Cheapy, do you think it is worth it to purchase it even if you have a regular DS?

I hope that makes sense.

Oh, next arrival has become "undecided" has it? Those bastards are toying with you! ...Actually, couldn't you get one by going outside of the major cities?

I really hope this doesn't surprise anybody... it was obvious as hell that this was going to happen. They foist the GBA Micro on them 6 months before this and now another redesign... Nintendo basically has a license to print money in Japan.

[quote name='Chacrana']I really hope this doesn't surprise anybody... it was obvious as hell that this was going to happen. They foist the GBA Micro on them 6 months before this and now another redesign... Nintendo basically has a license to print money in Japan.[/QUOTE] Yes, they do. I have seen the picture. Miyamoto and Iwata both have a money printing DS.

[quote name='mkg12']Yes, they do. I have seen the picture. Miyamoto and Iwata both have a money printing DS.[/QUOTE]

Where is that picture? I LOVE it!

"It prints Money!!!!"

[quote name='daroga']mmm... not quite RF. :)

DSPrintsMoney.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. :lol: I swear that pic is someone's sig though. I like it too, but I didn't want to use it because someone else already was.

[quote name='mkg12']Yes, they do. I have seen the picture. Miyamoto and Iwata both have a money printing DS.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right... But their license is officially recognized by Japan, the United States, and NASA.

[quote name='maxg']Looks like it's now being sold for insane ammounts of money:

This is around $359.70.

Source: http://www.fuckedgaijin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14457[/QUOTE]

Jiminy Christmas!

Oh, and a bit of trivia: The striking turtleneck modeled by Shiggy in that photo is actually woven from threads made from original NES Zelda carts that have been melted down and spun into gold fibers.

GrayFox over on the digital press boards posted some interesting images of the lines for the DS Lite. Check out the comparison of the line for the DS Lite vs. the 360.

bread's done
Back