CC Employees rock!

Wlogan31

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I finally entered a CC that had some games left and let me tell you what...

CC has the nicest employees of anywhere I have ever been!

When I arrived at the CC (I hadn't had a chance to go before), I could tell the sale was in full swing and that people around here must not have known much about it. There were tons of stacks with $5 games. Only thing about it was that the guy working in electronics/games was taking them to "the back" to be put away or something (some of you mentioned they were sending back to the manufacturers).

Long story short: The employee helped me look for games and even brought some from the back to see if I wanted them or not. I passed on at least 8 titles (Maximo Non-GH, etc) because of money, but still got 7 games. I have never gotten such a great deal and if it weren't for this employee, I would have missed the deal completely.

I got:

PS2:

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Summoner
Clock Tower 3
Parappa the Rappa 2

GC:

Wave Race: Blue Storm
Pikmin
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003

The "Missing the Deal Curse" monkey is now off my back for good!

Congrats on your good fortune, now if only I could have some luck in finding Disgaea and Viewtful Joe, maybe my Best Buy will lower Viewtful Joe, cuz they've been out of Disgaea for a while now

I'm looking for Viewtful Joe as well. All the CC employees I ran into on my trips were cool as well.

you know I have always been forced to go to best buy and always never went to Circuit City till the last 8-10 months. Ever since I went I have been very pleased with the out of the way service i get there. They have me as a standard customer over Best Buy anyday.

My wife was a manager at Best Buy and the stories she could tell you of how they treated teh customers because "they will be back they have no choice".

Circuit City all the way.

I have to also say that my trips to CC have yielded the best service amongst chain stores. That's even with them being disgusted with the asshats that demolished the store for the $4.99 deal. Best Buy could definitely learn quite a few tricks.....

The CC near me always has good customer service. I have yet to experience a bad trip there. I went to purchase a computer from them about two years ago and I was surprised with the excellent service they provided. The guys in the computer department actually knew about computers. What a shock.

The first time I went for the $4.99 clearance an employee was walking people around the video game area and showing everyone the games he knew were on the list. He was holding three games (a WWF title and some football games) he wanted to purchase but he gave them to some kids who were interested in them.

There's a Best Buy no more than three minutes from CC and the people there usually have no clue as to what's going on and usually just stand around not offering help to anyone. At least at CC the employees ask if you need help.

I'd take CC over BestBuy anyday.

I agree with what everyone said. The employees definetly seem to be nicer in Circuit City overall and the store seems more professional. The only time I would ever go to Best Buy is if they have really cheap games ($9.99 and less, like the sale in May).

Well, we do what we can. As long as customers aren't assclowns to us, and realize that we are also HUMAN, not a damn encyclopedia, we're cool with them. With me, I'll just treat you as if I know you, not as a customer. Well even BEFORE I was a CC employee, I liked it better there. For my area, it's kinda like the CC employees were the large group of kids that hung out by the parking lot in High School, yet were always nice to anyone who approached, even strangers. Yet the BB employees are like all the kids who sat right in the middle of the cafeteria and were always laughing at the weird looking kids. A BB guy even accused me of stealing once when I was alot younger. I felt like kicking him in the nuts.

I think it has to do with the flat rate vs. commission.
I prefer cc, their polcies and attitudes in general have always seemed to be more customer friendly.

I COMPLETELY AGREE. CC employees are awesome. They had a huge bin of 4.99 games and they pointed it out for me. They even showed me a few titles that they forgot to put in the bin but were just ont he shelf. I'm feeling kinda stupid right now cuz I passed on a copy of Summoner 2. I think I might be going back to the same place tomorrow, should I try to pick it up?

Also, this one time, this guy took HIS TIME OUT OF HIS BREAK to explain to me how to set up my modem and router for my cable broadband. He drew out a detailed diagram, took the modem and router out of the box, and showed me EVERYTHING. Best employees ever.

I don't have a CC in my area, but I used to work at BB and I can tell you a thing or two from the other side. BB retail employees get treated like absolute crap by their managers, constantly. The job security is horrible too, becuase their policy is "you're either moving up or you're moving out." Simply put, BB is about numbers and making money. It seemed like a great idea for a place to work, but they feel no remorse about keeping you there till 2:00 AM when you have to get up at 7:00 AM and go to school, even if they know that you have school and they're well aware of the fact that your shift was supposed to end at 11:00 PM. Sadly, it's not really the managers faults either, because they, in turn, are getting treated like crap by whoever is above them. Beyond that, I paid for two Best Buy shirts that I was never given during my time working there, I was denied a vacation that they had approved three months earlier because I planned ahead, yet they "lost" the paperwork giving me the time off. They also have something called shrink checks. Shrink is the amount of money lost due to destroyed products, theft, etc. Corperate BB allows a certain "budget" for each BB store for shrink, and if your store has money to spare, it gets devided up amount employees. Cool, right? Wrong. Since I only worked there for 9 months of the year in question, I didn't get any of the shrink money, not even 3/4 of a portion like you'd expect for working 3/4 of a year. All that even though I was responsable for spotting someone who was sticking $400 worth of small items into a big vaccum box, planning on paying $50 or whatever for teh "vaccum" and getting away with $400+ worth of stuff. I saved my store that much money, and I didn't get a dime of it back, while the other employees did? Lame.

The way that store works is seriously flawed, and I'll never work there again. I made $7.50 per hour, which was great considering I was 16 at the time and it was my first job ever, but it made me realize that working for $6 per hour at a job you enjoy beats working for any amount of money at Best Buy.

I'm done now.

bread's done
Back