CAGcast #20: The 3rd Annual Cheapy Awards

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Please join us for this special presentation of The 3rd Annual Cheapy Awards, the only awards that honor the best in video game retail.

iTunes (If you have iTunes, please review us!)
Download - 22 minutes, 10MB
RSS Feed & Past CAGcasts

Note: The Cheapy Awards will be available in readable format soon!

Celebrate the Cheapy Awards with EBgames & GameStop with this limited time offer:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Purchase 2 or more new, in-stock PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, DS, or Game Boy Advance games valued at $19.99 or more each, and receive $10 off your order & free USA Value Shipping!
Offer will expire either Thursday or Friday.
GameStop.com
[/FONT]- Use coupon code 10CAG
EBgames.com
- Use coupon codes 10CAG & 10CAGB

YES!, deal sounds great! Time to get Indigo Prophecy, and DMC:SE!!! YAY!!!! $15 each! But coupon isn't working for me right now, says it's invalid, will try again later

If you are subscribed, go to your podcast page and hit the update button in the top right corner. It usually takes a day or so for the latest episode to show up on the CAGcast iTunes page, but if you subscribe, it should be availalbe as soon as you hit that update button.

Holy poo, that's a good deal. I guess I should temporarily forgive EB/Gamestop for some of the slightly lame crap they've pulled on me these last few days ;)

How long does it last, anyway?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I crap on your generous, kindhearted deal because it does not include XBox 360!![/QUOTE]

While I don't crap on the generosity, I will say that I'm disappointed that the PSP is excluded from this. :(

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']am I the only one to notice ebgames called us Frugal Ass Gamers, or fags[/QUOTE]

I wish you hadn't noticed that. This is a disturbing turn of events.

You guys sure did blaze through those awards quick! Anyways it was pretty cool hearing the retarded Dracula laugh on echo.

I'll d/l it and listen to it later.
I'm also somewhat disappointed in the deal. They left out PC too.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Is shrike a robot? good cagcast btw[/QUOTE]

That's what thought. Something like Robocop (half man /half robot).

[quote name='evanft']The echo effect was dumb.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the echo should've been reduced/faded/turned off after the monologue.

At least you got a Craig T. Nelson reference in there...

What was the intro/outro music from? Soul Calibur?

good award show. You guys need to come up with a musical theme for next year and not realy on the Soul Calibur 2 soundtrack :lol:

oh, and if you think Shrike sounded like a robot, you haven't heard my game music radio show *plug* *plug* *plug* :lol: Just look in my sig. I should at least learn from CheapyD and invest in a micraphone!

[quote name='evanft']The echo effect was dumb.[/QUOTE]

Ready for a cagcast spoiler, the echo effect was not done on purpose, we were having connection issues and distorting cheapy was the only way to get the sound to come in so it could be understood. Hopefully by next year we will have a better set up ;)

It was done on purpose as I added the reverb for that concert hall effect.
Wombat is probably on another one of his fish tranquilizer binges again and hasn't actually listened to the show.

Anyway, my mom said it was cool and that's all that matters. ;)

You guys are funny to the max. I almost got kicked out of college because I was laughing so loud when I was listening to it in one of the girl's shower stall. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']You guys are funny to the max. I almost got kicked out of college because I was laughing so loud when I was listening to it in one of the girl's shower stall. Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]
Wait, what? Details.

[quote name='nwaugh']Wait, what? Details.[/quote]

Ah, sorry bout that. My gf was taking a shower and I didn't feel like hanging out with her annoying roomie so I just went in with her and listened to the show on my mp3 player, but I laughed so loud we got caught and now they're making me do a program on why the bathrooms are gender specific.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ah, sorry bout that. My gf was taking a shower and I didn't feel like hanging out with her annoying roomie so I just went in with her and listened to the show on my mp3 player, but I laughed so loud we got caught and now they're making me do a program on why the bathrooms are gender specific.[/QUOTE]

:lol: I'm sure the program will be pretty funny, despite being a complete waste of time.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Ah, sorry bout that. My gf was taking a shower and I didn't feel like hanging out with her annoying roomie so I just went in with her and listened to the show on my mp3 player, but I laughed so loud we got caught and now they're making me do a program on why the bathrooms are gender specific.[/QUOTE]

yeah keep us posted, oh how it goes, make sure you listen to Cagcast 21 while in that program

I guess it was a good year for EB, Toys ‘R’ Us, and for dudes who steal from there place of employment… And, of course, for shrike.

Mostly, I’m just pleased to be referred to as a part of the “gaming proletariat.”

[quote name='Wombat']yeah keep us posted, oh how it goes, make sure you listen to Cagcast 21 while in that program[/quote]

Will do. I plan on plugging the cagcasts as a way of having the last laugh, even though i'm not good a math.

Congrats to shrike for the CAG hero of the year award and all the other winners. Oh, I liked the speech too shrike. Now I can place a voice to all the comments/advice. ;)

EDIT: Thanks for the codes! Hopefully they'll be active still tomorrow night. I won't be able to get anything until then. I was hoping to get a cheap superhero fix and pick up Batman Begins and Fantastic Four and maybe a couple others. Thanks again Cheapy!!

[quote name='chickenhawk']Congrats to shrike for the CAG hero of the year award and all the other winners. Oh, I liked the speech too shrike. Now I can place a voice to all the comments/advice. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Agreed - although - he sounds younger than I was expecting :rofl:

[quote name='joevan']Agreed - although - he sounds younger than I was expecting :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yes he does. I would probably sound older than you would expect. Then again, maybe not.

bread's done
Back