Looking for a cheap (computer) microphone

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Any help? I basically just need a barebones microphone for my PC, needed mainly for IM chatting. I don't care about styles...I'm just having trouble finding one cheap!

pretty sure i have an older dell one... it worked nicely last time I used it. How much were you looking to spend here? Couple bucks + shipping?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']pretty sure i have an older dell one... it worked nicely last time I used it. How much were you looking to spend here? Couple bucks + shipping?[/quote]

Do you know if it came with an installation CD or something to that effect? And yeah, I was hoping to spent very little...

[quote name='the ender']Most mics are plug and play, I doubt there is software involved.[/quote]

Yeah, and that's why I asked. I had a few older ones that had installation CD's and such, and I'm hoping to just find a good plug and play mic.

[quote name='auralia']you can go into lots of b&m stores and get one for 10 bucks.....[/QUOTE]

i gauruntee you ill charge you less that 10 bucks.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']i gauruntee you ill charge you less that 10 bucks.[/quote]

If I don't see anything while I'm out and about, I'll definitely send you a PM.

Well, after looking at a few more places...

...I bought nothing. Then, I wondered if I could use my EyeToy as a webcam on the PC. Found the software that allows it, and it has a microphone! Now I'm actually glad to have an EyeToy! The quality is very good too.

You do know mics are just speakers they use in reverse... What I am saying is that any old headphones should do what you want also.

I got a GE one from Best Buy a while back for 9.99. There's no software, but it works great. Just plug it in and go.

If you ever do want to get one, try

www.axshop.com

They have a buy one get one free sale right now but they're usually very cheap too.

You can get a nice one for less than $5 shipped.

They have slow shipping though.

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I would let this one live again. Any CAGs out there have a few more recommendations? ...I'm probably heading to CC tonight.

For the record, you can use the microphone from Karaoke Revolution for PS2 if you have it. I'm not sure about the Xbox version, but if it's USB you don't have to configure anything at all, just plug it in and you're ready to go. It's no headset, but if you've already got it and a pair of headphones you're straight. I've used it on Skype and it works just fine.

Wait Skype is free now? Yahoo charges $.02 a minute..... I'll have to check them out as soon as I use up the $10 worth of minutes I bought.

yep
Skype is a little program for making free calls within the US and Canada to all phones until the end of the year. Skype to Skype calls anywhere in the world are also free. It's easy to download and use, and works with most computers.

bread's done
Back