Are there ANY meal bars that actually taste good?

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm in college, and sometimes I don't have time for lunch in between classes. So I generally starve, or try a new kind of meal/energy/nutrition bar, which have all sucked so far, so I starve anyway. Are there any GOOD bars that are CAG tried and approved that you guys can recommend?? Any flavor would be fine except for mint, which I can't stand. Thanks guys.

DoK I'm in the same boat... The newly redesigned powerbars "Protein Plus" line actually taste a lot better than what they used to. I'm talking about the ones that have the new packaging.

Those bars don't burn as much in your mouth as the other ones imo.

I don't know how "buff" you are, but bars that weight trainers use are usually the best bet. The problem is that they're expensive unless you buy them by the box. I know that Champion makes a variety of them, as do Myoplex, ISS, and Mission Nutrition. They come in different varieties and taste pretty good. The protein dosage is anywhere from 12-30grams and they're usually anywhere from 200-320 calories. Of course, it's really no substitute for an actual meal, but I understand where you're coming from.

when i was working out i enjoyed the detour line of bars. there's several, named after traffic terms like detour, oneway, u turn, etc. they taste close to the flavor of snickers or a similar bar, and really good if you don't eat a lot of sweets. they're high in protein (30g per bar) and great for working out, but i'm not sure if they're what you're looking for in a meal replacement. hope this helped.

*w/mouth full*

i yike thnickers!
snickers-orig-bar.gif

The urge to be childish and disgusting is so tempting, but you seem like a cool chick... so I'll hold it in.

They make bars for women with some stick figure on a moon on the wrapper... those are supposidly good... and they Ph balanced just for you.

Edit: They're LUNA bars. And every chick at my gym eats them.

Ok, I tried this "buff" line of bars that my boyfriend has, "Xtreme" by MLO, and they have 30g of protein (which I really could use, I don't get filled up unless I have a good amount of protein). I tried the cookies and cream flavor, it tasted like crap. My boyfriend likes the peanut butter flavor, but I hate peanut butter, so...

I will probably pick up a few Odwalla and Luna bars, as well as the new Protein Plus ones MadChedar0 was talking about. Basically, I'll keep a look out for any of the ones you guys mentioned, because I have terrible luck myself, it seems. Thanks a lot for all the advice.

What is wrong with just good ol' granola bars? They are cheap and a couple of them should be enough to get you through the afternoon. And they taste good too.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']If you really need protein, just eat a lot of scrambled chicken fetuses. Cheap and easy![/QUOTE]

scrambled chicken fetus gives me the squirts :(

I find that a Snickers or power bar will get me through a power lecture (1 hr 15 min) and that Odwalla bars are awesome but they digest in 5 minutes and are too expensive. i try to eat as much as possible in the morning, cause I get very irritable when i'm hungry.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']The urge to be childish and disgusting is so tempting, but you seem like a cool chick... so I'll hold it in.

They make bars for women with some stick figure on a moon on the wrapper... those are supposidly good... and they Ph balanced just for you.

Edit: They're LUNA bars. And every chick at my gym eats them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are LUNA bars. My gf eats them all the time for the gym. I have had a few (hope i dont grow tits from them) and thought that they were the best. The lemon ones rule.

Luna bars are excellent. The S'mores are quite good. I also like the Power Bar Pria and harvest bars which are both exceptional. Pria Mint Choc. Chip is yummy.

The Pria bars are really tasty. They are made by Powerbar. The only thing is that they are a little expensive (at least for me). They do go on sale every now and then though.

[quote name='FREAKMIKE3']YI have had a few (hope i dont grow tits from them) and thought that they were the best.[/quote]

LOL

I like the luna bars, especially the toasted nut one (not exactly sure, it is in green packaging). There's nothing that screams woman about it, so I really don't care and eat it anyway. Though my school makes you buy a 250 meal plan which I don't really use since I'm a commuter, am on campus 3 days and only have 2 full days. Since I like granola bars I buy those since they taste better than those climbing ones (picture of a guy climbing on front, forget name), they're lower calories, and they are higher in vitamins like that aid in staying focused and other mental activities.

Though you can also buy kashi, natures path and various other higher quality granola bars. The quaker and other mass market ones don't taste as good.

I generally just starve anyway, it's a common practice up here in the Welfare State.

Nothing tastes better than saliva!

Reality's Fringe]I don't know how "buff" you are said:
The bars that weight trainers eat don't taste good. Weight trainers eat bars for protein, we don't care about taste. But I agree that you should eat Odwalla bars (Try superfood). I tried all powerbars and etc... Power bars are for nutrition NOT for taste. If you're aiming for something that taste better than most get Odwalla.

APEX makes some pretty good Energy and Protein bars. Well, they're are the best ones I've had so far, and I eat them almost everyday.

Good tasting power bars? Pfft- they're probably next to the Kosher ham and soda that never flattens in your local grocery store.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I find most variations of Cliff bars to my liking.[/quote]
Seconded; my favorite being the chocolate almond fudge flavor. Clif bars aren't as high in protein as many brands (which might be why they taste better) but they're high in fiber, and the fact that they're uncoated makes them great in the summer.

I also like Balance bars. The Gold Crunch variety are good, and the Trail Mix bars are killer.

bread's done
Back