Beware the cheapass Gamestop Flyer

DesertEagleXIX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Right now Gamestop has a flyer offering an extra $3 for every trade in, and lists a number of game prices.

I brought in 3 games, and not one price they offered was equal to the prices listed.

Ex. Fight Night (Xbox) says 28 bucks on the flyer. They are giving $24 with the coupn, or really $21 dollars.

Ratfucking bastards.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Don't they have to honor the flyer if it is valid now? You could always contact corporate and see what they say.[/quote]

If you look at the disclaimer on the flyer, it says that Trade in Prices are subject to change without notice, or something to that effect. I ran into the same problem and they pointed this out to me...

Yep, that's what happens. I saw my manager do it to a guy. Another employee was HAWKING the prices on the ad, and then was just like, "Sorry" when it was a lot lower than advertised. I was mad at my manager for not honoring the prices, but I didn't say anything. Gamestop sucks.

They proably lowered trade in prices to equal the regular price with the coupon. I never understood that they gave me 22 bucks for a brand new game it had came out I got two of them as gifts and they only gave me 22 bucks a 4 day old game WTF they are going to flip it for 45 bucks they should make newer used games for 39.95 not 45

There's a reason why I don't buy used shit unless they are classic items that I can only get used for a decent price. Of course, since they're clearing out even N64 and PSone shit now, and DC is long gone, that's not even an option. Now they are completely ripping you off. Why buy used games at these places when CAG posts all the deals and you can get a new game for the price of a used game at these places ($45 like Graystone said) with a GGC at BB? I could only see buying used shit on EBGames.com with their AFF25, 15% off, and free shipping deals so they are not completely screwing you. And of course the GameRush deals. And why trade in used shit when you can bypass the middleman with CAG and other trade and auction sites? You'll probably get close to double the credit or more that way. GameRush can be an exception to this though, but most people don't even have one anywhere near them.

Gamestop's Next Flyer-

Here's our new trade-values:
Enter the Matrix (All Systems) $75
Superman 64 $54
Fantavision $62
Pryzm $48

* All tarde in values subject to change. Thanks for taking it in the ass at Lamestop.

Once again, Dead, you echo my sentiments. There is no longer any reason to shop at Eb/Gamestop etc. Seriously, there isn't. I've been reffering people elsewhere, and I think I may be fired. Oh no. Not that.

Reality's Fringe said:
[quote name='Dead of Knight'] Gamestop sucks.

Agreed![/quote]

Quit yet? They're giving me a whopping THREE HOURS TOTAL in three weeks. If I wasn't going to be in AP classes and other demanding courses senior year, I would fucking quit and get myself a job that fucking gives me more than an average one hour per week. What really pisses me off is that I pull better numbers than one guy who works there, fuck, everyone does, he gets 1 of either a sub or reserve A WEEK usually and he works more hours than almost every other part-time employee, but because he is friends with the manager, he's immune to getting less hours. An assistant manager who transferred to another store confronted the manager about this and said he would write the guy up since he was in charge of doing that. So what does my manager say? Write him up, and I'll write you up. fuck Gamestop. I almost always get at least 4 total of subs and reserves, the required amount, whenever I work, and it's usually only for 3-4 hours. This guy works 15 hours a week and can only get one total. They're taking advantage of me. Screw it; I'll be the one going to college and making triple or more of their salary once I'm done with law school.

Trade in prices are definitely lower at EBGames. Right now I try to trade in all my games at FYE since most current generation games will net you at least 5-7 dollars..

[quote name='rallen']Gamestop's Next Flyer-

Here's our new trade-values:
Enter the Matrix (All Systems) $75
Superman 64 $54
Fantavision $62
Pryzm $48

* All tarde in values subject to change. Thanks for taking it in the ass at Lamestop.[/quote]

u forgot ET for atari $90

gamestop AKA Lamestop or gaystop is the gayest store ever they dont know anything about games and give faulty games without cases. guaranteed to work my ass! and last their inconsiderate as f*ck to their customers they can give a shit less. they suck and not to mention they pay 4 1/2 cents and a stick of gum for a game.

when i was in there a little while ago there was E3 footage of the new rainbow six game and a little kid with his mom said whats that and the lamestop casheir had a blank stare on his face and said um and my cousin said it's E3 footage and the casheir is like yea. what fags they dont know shit

[quote name='Slipknot9762']gamestop AKA Lamestop or gaystop is the gayest store ever they dont know anything about games and give faulty games without cases. guaranteed to work my ass! and last their inconsiderate as f*ck to their customers they can give a shit less. they suck and not to mention they pay 4 1/2 cents and a stick of gum for a game.[/quote]

I'm so fucking nice to customers it's sad. Then the people who are lazy and just sit around and leave the store a mess get quintuple the hours I do. The only reason I buy shit from there is when I preorder shit; they have the obscure shit I want for preorder, and they get it a day earlier than BB, Target, and even EB cause the local EB is shit with getting new releases in on time. The employee discount also helps. But I don't buy non-preorder shit from them as there are always better deals around.

One last thing. Another good reason to keep the job is because on my college application and other resumes I can say that I had a job for this long even though they gave me next to no hours.

I called FYE and asked what they would give me for corvette they said 8.50 and then called gamestop and they said 4.00 dont believe me call them yourself. gamestop is gay its official

To be fair, it's not just gamestop. All game related stores suck. Period. Unless they're selling old classic games, or it's an independent store, then you're getting fucked over. Don't worry Dead, I understand what you're going through. I got a big ol' 6 hours last week because "It wasn't economical to keep me on when I 'm not getting higher numbers", let's see them evaulate the economical value of the 400 dollars I reffered to Target tonight, anf the other 400 I hope to refer elsewhere on Saturday. I'm almost to the point of quitting, and if I wasn't going to college in about a month, I would.

Reality's Fringe said:
To be fair, it's not just gamestop. All game related stores suck. Period. Unless they're selling old classic games, or it's an independent store, then you're getting shaq-fued over. Don't worry Dead, I understand what you're going through. I got a big ol' 6 hours last week because "It wasn't economical to keep me on when I 'm not getting higher numbers", let's see them evaulate the economical value of the 400 dollars I reffered to Target tonight, anf the other 400 I hope to refer elsewhere on Saturday. I'm almost to the point of quitting, and if I wasn't going to college in about a month, I would.

The funny thing is someone else in good with the manager was probably doing less numbers than you and had more hours. That's how it works at my store as described above and I'd wager it works like that at other stores. I'm in the same situation as you. If I wasn't gonna be working my ass off in school in a little less than two months, I'd quit.

You know, its hard to please everyone. You either give hours based on how long someone has been there, or who is the harder worker, or who runs the best numbers. But in the end, someone will always get screwed it seems. And someone will always be not happy. Thats life. Unfortunate. I run my store based on numbers. If you make me look good, then you get more hours. But all of my guys seem to work hard, so they all get around the same number if I can help it. Usually if someone slacks off, they just get checkout privs revoked, or I assign them some dumb chore.

Just remember, if you dont want those hours (and I know getting 6 hours sucks), someone else will be more than happy to get them.

I don't mind if it's on experience, hard work, or numbers, but it seems like a few people at my work don't do the numbers, slack off, and haven't been there that long get hours just because they are friends with the manager. It's bullshit. There is no reason for me to get 4x less hours when I get higher numbers and do my work. Even the managers and asst managers comment on my hard work. But do they give me hours? fuck no, that would be too sensical.

I don't mind if it's on hard work, but you cANNOT justify giving me 6 hours a week, and then telling me "Oh by the way, we need to get our subs and reserves up. Ok?" fuck that. I can't believe that someone would have the balls to say that to anyone. It's not enough that I bust ass to make the customer happy (and, by the way, my manager has been called several times by people who want to comment on "the nice kid named **** who works there", but do I ever get a "Hey, good job ****"? fuck no, I didn't get that sub!), but I slip one week and my hours are cut by more than half! How am I supposed to improve when I can't even fucking work?

slip your boss a mickey....... my gamestop is shit... this fat misreable bald manager is an idiot... before they got rid of their classic games (snes, gen, NES mainly) id go in there all the time and pick i few items up.... and i got to know the one guy who happened to hate his manager. So one day im in the store and the bald manager and another guy and the one employee that I'm kinda becoming friends with because of both of our love for classic games got into a fight with his manager claiming "how hes(your) a lazy fat ass shit whose going no where". yea they were in the back and i was just looking at the NES games..... so the employee storms out the back, sees me says " hey whats up" and hands me 6 NES games right out of the pile and we both left. When we were outside I asked about the cameras.... he said They didnt even work.... I ended up getting Super Mario 3, Metroid, Barker Bill Shooting, Nes Open, Crystalis, and Dragon Warrior for free...... i guess they were kinda stolen..... but everyone hates gamestop so its ok

It's totally fucked up that your managers screw you guys over, no doubt about that. BUT maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it make sense to make friends with your manager so you won't get screwed over? I'm not saying what your manager does is right, but might as well work the system right?

[quote name='jimbodan']It's totally shaq-fued up that your managers screw you guys over, no doubt about that. BUT maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it make sense to make friends with your manager so you won't get screwed over? I'm not saying what your manager does is right, but might as well work the system right?[/quote]

I have his AIM handle, but he seems to ignore me even when I'm online. I'm friendly to everyone I work with. Also I am 16 and he is in his late 20s at least. Oh and for the record, I tried to make friends with an employee who was 25, actually the same employee who gets almost no subs or reserves (he is also good friends with the manager so that would get me in good too), but once I tell him I have a boyfriend, he doesn't want to talk to me. Hmmmm....

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='jimbodan']It's totally shaq-fued up that your managers screw you guys over, no doubt about that. BUT maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it make sense to make friends with your manager so you won't get screwed over? I'm not saying what your manager does is right, but might as well work the system right?[/quote]

I have his AIM handle, but he seems to ignore me even when I'm online. I'm friendly to everyone I work with. Also I am 16 and he is in his late 20s at least. Oh and for the record, I tried to make friends with an employee who was 25, actually the same employee who gets almost no subs or reserves (he is also good friends with the manager so that would get me in good too), but once I tell him I have a boyfriend, he doesn't want to talk to me. Hmmmm....[/quote]

Haha, you said the magic word... boyfriend. Thats like kryptonite to guys, nothing makes a guy less interested in talking to a girl then we when she mentions that word.

I don't want to go off topic, but Gamestop is clearing out PSONE and N64 stuff at 30% off or are they just not accepting trade ins anymore?

In any case, I'd be just about done with Gamestop when those are gone. Buy two get one free specials would be the only thing getting me in the store as they ditched most of their used anime dvds and old Gameboy/Gameboy Color games are too high for me.

You know, Dead, I never knew you were a girl. You'd think that I might figure it out by the Avatar, but.....my radar isn't exactly what it should be. At anyrate, I delivered my ultimatum,s o we'll see if it has any effect. As for the clearancing of the PSONE, N64 games, I haven't seen this at the store where I work, but that's not to say that it won't happen.

That's not surprising about Fight Night 2004. The game is $25 brand new after rebate at FYE. It's on sale at Target for $35. It's a new release but it's a sports title and other stores are starting to include it in their sales.

You should always call Gamestop before trading in.

[quote name='little_krampy']That's not surprising about Fight Night 2004. The game is $25 brand new after rebate at FYE. It's on sale at Target for $35. It's a new release but it's a sports title and other stores are starting to include it in their sales.

You should always call Gamestop before trading in.[/quote]

Thank you for saying that. Values change every day because prices change every day. CAGs of all people should know that stuff like that is printed up way in advance.

bread's done
Back