NCAA March Madness Tournament Contest (Watch LSU/UCLA to see who wins!)

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Last year's March Madness Contest did well as things came down to the last game to see who won. I'm looking to bring the contest back this year with some more prizes of my own and, hopefully, some donated gifts. Anything that's tradeable in the trade forums are able to be added. If anyone wants to throw in something into the prize pool, feel free to PM me and I'll add your prize(s) to the list.

Current Prize List
Downhill Domination (PS2)
Metal Arms (PS2) (partially sealed)
Sonic Adventure DX (GC) (mint, never been played)
WCW Mayhem (PS1)
Medal of Honor (PS1)
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout (PS1)
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (mint complete) (Xbox)
Mad Maestro (Mint complete, slight cover tear) (PS2)
$25 Giftcard to Gamestop or Best Buy (winner's choice) (killswitch64)
Ford Racing 3 (open, but never played, DS) (uli2000)
$5 paypal (toocool17)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Tower (PS2) (csidegamer)

Right now, the tourney itself is still being set up and will be set in stone on Selection Sunday (check out ESPN or whoever else that's doing coverage). However, in the meanwhile, you can sign up and join the CAG group to reserve your spot. The deadline to get your picks in is five minutes before the first game starts on Thursday, March 16.

Just head to here to create your pick set and then go here and enter the group ID# (36114) and password (cag) to sign up and join the group. The only thing I require of you is to post here if your pick set name or yahoo ID doesn't match your CAG ID so that I know it's you. If I see people who haven't done this come Wednesday night (March 15), you will be booted. If we reach the 50 people limit for the group, I will create a new one, just PM me to remind me and I'll get a second one set up.

I will probably pick winners the same way I did last year: the top 3 scorers will get prizes. Depending on how many prizes, the top winner will get first pick on the list, then second place, and third place gets what's left.

Feel free to chat about the tourney, your team's chances, and all that fun stuff once you sign up. If you have any questions post here.

Also, keep this civil and mature. If you can't do that, then don't post in this thread.

Getting ready to sign up now.

And honestly, this may be the first year that I don't give Kentucky a snowballs chance in hell of advancing past the Sweet 16.

I look for Memphis or Villanova to turn a few heads and win it.

My yahoo id is bballplaya210000 and my pick set name is Go Bucks.

OSU and Kentucky are my favorite teams. At least OSU is doing great to help make up for UK's terrible season.

[quote name='bballplaya210']My yahoo id is bballplaya210000 and my pick set name is Go Bucks.

OSU and Kentucky are my favorite teams. At least OSU is doing great to help make up for UK's terrible season.[/quote]

When UK is on, its great, but they've only been on for a few games lately. Maybe they'll make a run in the tourney with a so-so team, as compared to bombing with a decent team, like the last few years (last year was an ok finish, but I want a title now damnit :rofl: )

Man UK got crapped on with their bracket. I'd much rather them be on Duke's side, or in 'Nova's bracket, than the one their in right now.

UConn in 2nd round if the get paste a tough UAB team. Add in Illinois, UNC, and Tennesee, and its insane. That could be the toughest bracket of them all.

And how Arizona got an 8th seed makes me wonder. Michigan, Hofstra, and Missouri State deserved bids over Arizona IMHO, but they're all NIT bound or stuck at home.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Man UK got crapped on with their bracket. I'd much rather them be on Duke's side, or in 'Nova's bracket, than the one their in right now.

UConn in 2nd round if the get paste a tough UAB team. Add in Illinois, UNC, and Tennesee, and its insane. That could be the toughest bracket of them all.

And how Arizona got an 8th seed makes me wonder. Michigan, Hofstra, and Missouri State deserved bids over Arizona IMHO, but they're all NIT bound or stuck at home.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the Washington, DC bracket is pretty tough with all of those top teams in the bracket.

I have no idea why Arizona's in either, their only notable wins were against Cal, Washington, and Kansas and most of the rest were against decent or bad teams.

I'm looking forward to seeing UNC and Ohio State doing well and picking up some wins.

I signed up. Yahoo Id is deboindahouse, pickset is uli2000. Ill check my stuff tomorrow and see if I got anything I can throw in for the prizes.

I'm in, ON ON U of K!

Time for a cat to finally kill a big ugly dog! Um yea or at least beat UAB...

I live in northern KY and I love the fact that Cincinnati didn't make the tourney! I get tired of listening to their fans talkin shit constantly about everything......

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']meh I am in 2 different groups but I cant get 2 different picks, doh![/QUOTE]
Just do your research and pick the best picks you can make.

Thanks to everyone who donated items so far! Currently there are 7 items donated for the tournament, if we can get that up to 15-20 items, I will increase my $25 giftcard to a $50 giftcard!!!!!!!

Okay, I just kicked out two of the entrants as I found no connection between them and any CAG member here. If that was you, feel free to sign up again as long as you post here saying that that was you. That's the only rule I had for entering the contest, so please remember to post here if your pickset name or yahoo id do not resemble your CAG id.

As for everyone else, feel free to keep entering provided you meet the above requirement and get your picks in on time. We've got roughly six hours until the games start, so don't forget to make your picks or you're SOL. I'll make another announcement about an hour or so before the games start when I get up. Thanks again and good luck.

OK, I just signed up - it's like 3am Pacific so I made it in with 6 hours to spare :D. By the time I get up tomorrow half the games will be over.

Uh, should be obvious - "Io's picks". I'm currently in last place (having been the last to sign up).

I went a little nuts with my picks as it is late - I made them all in about 2 monutes, so purely gut instinct. Either I will do very well or I will (more likely) do absolutely horribly. The fucking Pac-10 better come through for me :D.

bread's done
Back