WTF?!? 1up.com gives me viruses!

Rig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
Any chance of an enlarged picture so we can see what you're talking about?

/edit:

Odd...why isn't my pic showing up? It does when I edit my post...

Because it says 'fuck' in the filename.

Doesn't matter, it's so small you can't read anything anyway.

Never had an issue myself with 1up.com Rig....don't know what to say. Could have been perhaps from another site that has its virus/trojan embedded in your system. Oh, by the way, which Virus scanner is that. It looks familiar, but i can't remember.

And my recommendation by the way is to download a program called Ewido Anti Trojan and scan with it and post what comes up with it. Also, you may want to switch browsers ;)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Never had an issue myself with 1up.com Rig....don't know what to say. Could have been perhaps from another site that has its virus/trojan embedded in your system. Oh, by the way, which Virus scanner is that. It looks familiar, but i can't remember.

And my recommendation by the way is to download a program called Ewido Anti Trojan and scan with it and post what comes up with it. Also, you may want to switch browsers ;)[/quote]

Before tonight, I've never had a problem with 1up either. I know it's not embedded from somewhere else. I keep my stuff up to date and secure. ;) I'm running my viruscan software (which is McAfee Viruscan, supplied by our schools' network) followed by Spybot, Ad-Aware, and then Spy Sweeper.

I don't really have problems with IE...though Mozilla's not bad. :)

EDIT: Anybody know what email address I can send the pic/complaint to at 1up? I don't really want to go back on the site to find it! :lol:

Well, it's a flash file, but there's a ton of flash on 1up's homepage, so it'd be hard to find out what's causing it. I'd think it was an ad that's causing it (possibly that Syphon Filter ad that spreads over the 1up logo?).

[quote name='Rig']Before tonight, I've never had a problem with 1up either. I know it's not embedded from somewhere else. I keep my stuff up to date and secure. ;) I'm running my viruscan software (which is McAfee Viruscan, supplied by our schools' network) followed by Spybot, Ad-Aware, and then Spy Sweeper.

I don't really have problems with IE...though Mozilla's not bad. :)

EDIT: Anybody know what email address I can send the pic/complaint to at 1up? I don't really want to go back on the site to find it! :lol:[/quote]
Still, I would give a scan with Ewido. That program has found stuff on my computer that all three, Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SpySweeper have missed in the past. And I don't really know the password.

Edit: Oops I said password...meant email address.

[quote name='Rig']EDIT: Anybody know what email address I can send the pic/complaint to at 1up? I don't really want to go back on the site to find it! :lol:[/QUOTE]
[email protected]

"As with all bug-related issues, we greatly appreciate any information you can give us regarding your browser and operating system that is displaying the error."

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Still, I would give a scan with Ewido. That program has found stuff on my computer that all three, Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SpySweeper have missed in the past. And I don't really know the password.[/quote]

Got Ewido. Luckily for me, it found nothing.

And I sent them an email.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']IE 7 > most other browsers.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I prefer IE over Firefox any day

bread's done
Back