Mexican Jungl= greatness

Mr.Answer

CAGiversary!
Howdy, just want to say to my friends I'm back from 2 weeks in the mayan mexican jungle nd am loving it. Much perspective is put on things after a trip to the mayan jungle of the yucatan. Peace to all, and if anyone wants to come with me next year just drop a line, I'll be going every year for many years.

I remember seeing a travel/nature show about this giant hole in the jungle down there somewhere. It was a quarter of a mile deep and moss all over. It looked like a great place for a secret base.

[quote name='jmcc']I remember seeing a travel/nature show about this giant hole in the jungle down there somewhere. It was a quarter of a mile deep and moss all over. It looked like a great place for a secret base.[/QUOTE]

Probably a "sonateah" There are no natural rivers in the Yucatan jungle but there are hole in the ground (sometimes 50 ft) that lead to fresh water pools.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Probably a "sonateah" There are no natural rivers in the Yucatan jungle but there are hole in the ground (sometimes 50 ft) that lead to fresh water pools.[/QUOTE]
It may not necessarily have been in that region, just in meso or south America. It was so lush and verdant for a big giant hole in the ground. I'm not crazy about having to ride in a bucket on a rope down that quarter mile, but a helicopter would probably work just as well.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']so what exactly did u do? and who did u do this through? Cause I want to travel and it sounds like a possibility[/QUOTE]

Built a concrete church/hurricane shelter for a mayan village. 7am-1pm--work on sight, 1pm-4pm--swing in hammock to stay cool in the heat of the day. 4pm-6pm day camp. 9pm bed.

How much does it cost to go there for a week? Also, is it dangerous there? Any chance of being attacked by people that live there, etc?

[quote name='Maklershed']How much does it cost to go there for a week? Also, is it dangerous there? Any chance of being attacked by people that live there, etc?[/QUOTE]

people make about 300 dollars a year. Subsistance farming. The dangerous places are more around the touristy areas, getting out away from that is very safe.

bread's done
Back