CAGcast #21: Double Down!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[floatleft]
cagcast120.gif
[/floatleft]It's a big week for new releases with MGS3: Subsistance and some big PSP games. We also hit you with a CAGcast News Blast and take you for a ride on the Hype Wagon. You'll get Ninety Nine Nights (X360) Japan demo impressions, your questions answered from the CAGbag, and oh so much more!

iTunes (If you have iTunes, please review us!)
Download - 58 minutes, 27MB
RSS Feed & Past CAGcasts

Syphon Filter came out after the duel analog controller in 1999.

Star Wars Galaxies is a space MMORPG.

Just got done. Good Cagcast dispite CheapyD's speaker phone sound.

Longes. CAGcast. EVER!!!! But it was very good although I did not appreciate the Metal Gear slams:cry::bomb::whistle2:x:twoguns: But awesome outro by Wombat in the words of Edward R. Murrow. "Good Night, And Good Luck". So, fucking, awesome.:):applause:

Great CAGcast. Some would complain about the hourlong run time, but not I. Yours is one of two or three podcasts that I actively look forward to each week (rather than getting around to when there's nothing else to listen to), so when it's over, I'm bummed. Mo' show equals mo' better. You guys manage to be both amusing and insightful and the show never drags. Moreover, you have been consistent in your output, which is more than I can say for a lot of other podcasts, especially the weekly variety.

Keep up the good work. And I want to hear lots of coverage about the launch of Metroid Prime Hunters and Tetris DS next week.

Great Job! Wombat automatically wins for the rainbows shitting out of the TV comment. I actually LOL(ed).

Is it just me, or does it seem like 90% of the time Cheapy or Wombat mention a game, they haven't played it, or never played the series, etc.? And they never seem to buy anything from a sale. Like when they were talking about the TRU $10 sale, Wombat said he picked up Polarium. What the fuck? You guys play games, right?

And Cheapy, could you not read from articles on the internet? Seriously, I think many of us can read. :D

Oh, and WOmbat, MGS = Not good, but Syphon Filter = Good?

[quote name='evanft']Is it just me, or does it seem like 90% of the time Cheapy or Wombat mention a game, they haven't played it, or never played the series, etc.? And they never seem to buy anything from a sale. Like when they were talking about the TRU $10 sale, Wombat said he picked up Polarium. What the fuck? You guys play games, right?

And Cheapy, could you not read from articles on the internet? Seriously, I think many of us can read. :D

Oh, and WOmbat, MGS = Not good, but Syphon Filter = Good?[/QUOTE]

These are troubling allegations. I propose a full Senate investigation!

I was thinkin after you guys talked about the Cheapy awards, why dont we have categories for like game of the year and best game on each console. I am kinda curious. I mean retailers and deals are one half of CAG, the other half are the games themselves.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I was thinkin after you guys talked about the Cheapy awards, why dont we have categories for like game of the year and best game on each console. I am kinda curious. I mean retailers and deals are one half of CAG, the other half are the games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Every magazine and website does this. I don't think we need another couple guys telling us Resident Evil 4 was the best game of the year.

It sounded Cheapy was calling in to The Wombat Show.

There have been a few space MMO's over the years: EVE Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and there's a Star Trek MMO planned.

[quote name='Wombat']I think people forget what big deal Syphon Filter was in 1999.[/QUOTE]
It was only a big deal because there weren't many good shooters for the system (save Medal of Honor). I could never get into it because the controls made me feel like I was steering a drunken sailor on a leash.

And there is no post-award show hangover.

Wombat was so on with his cutscene comments.

I too have to say that more cutscene than game is better than Nyquil.

Who cares about Space Emperor Nero's long lost third cousin and that he was raised by the ancient horde of one-eyed little people and spent 10 years fighting the troglodytes while hunched over under the misty mountain of valhalla before a mysterious ancient virus left him paralyzed and for dead until Serpulent Nebula's daughter found him and nursed him back to health only for her to be killed in the 1000th year meteoric light shower on planet Bore.

Just give me a weapon and some naive bad guys and let me know if I should rescue someone.

Might be in a minority here but I would posit that 58 min. is way to long for a Cagcast, my opinion is 30 minutes so that you 'leave me wanting more'. I don't think I caught alot of the cagcast because my mind started to wander.

[quote name='Wombat']http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/198876.asp?q=syphon filter

I think people forget what big deal Syphon Filter was in 1999.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/197909.asp?q=metal gear

if you desregard the EGM review from 2003, the scores are amost identical

and for the record I never said that Metal Gear was a bad game I just that I didn't like it, there is a difference.[/QUOTE]

Stop doging the questions with review scores, Mr. Wombat! ANy gamer worth his salt knows Metal GEar SOlid is clearly a better game than Syphon Filter, which completely sucks ass.

Who are you working for, Mr. Wombat? Is Sony linining your pockets with money from crappy third-person shooters? ANSWER ME!

[quote name='evanft']Is it just me, or does it seem like 90% of the time Cheapy or Wombat mention a game, they haven't played it, or never played the series, etc.? And they never seem to buy anything from a sale. Like when they were talking about the TRU $10 sale, Wombat said he picked up Polarium. What the fuck? You guys play games, right?
[/QUOTE]

That is pretty funny, it does seem to be the case a lot of the time.

[quote name='rockhero']That is pretty funny, it does seem to be the case a lot of the time.[/QUOTE]

That is true, but they still play more games than I do, which is probably a good thing as far as my wife is concerned.

[quote name='rockhero']That is pretty funny, it does seem to be the case a lot of the time.[/QUOTE]

hey I play lots of games, mario he still makes games right and pac something. You'd probably be surprised how many games I've played, but I will admit I dont buy as many games as I used to, say 2 years ago. I'm trying to switch to the quality over quantity method of buying games, and then trading them back before the value drops, although I do have my moments. A few weeks ago I did pick DMC 3 LE and Lego Star Wars when they dropped to 20. Right now I'm playing GRAW, ( I picked up after trading DOA4 and Madden 06 360), next week I'll spend my TRU Gift Certificate from Christmas on Elder Scrolls. So im not made of money, I consider myself to be high level CAG. :)

Also, we talk a lot about games that havent been released yet.
Keep on listening to the CAGcast (and spread the word) and maybe someday we will be big shots and companies will send us early copies of games.

I found about the new hash of metal gear game containing MSX versions of original games.. wow.. I just bought mine.
I used to own MSX computer and when metal gear 2 came out it was most amazing game at the time. There's another game SD snatcher made by the person. It was amazing game as well.. I hope they do the re-release...

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, we talk a lot about games that havent been released yet.
Keep on listening to the CAGcast (and spread the word) and maybe someday we will be big shots and companies will send us early copies of games.[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, but I think I know what makes you guys good besides your abundance of natural talents. :)

You guys have to buy your own games. I think that helps me relate to you alot better than joe schmoe reviewer who plays 20 free games a week.

The money thing is an important consideration for gamers. Reviewers who play a billion games for free lose sight of this no matter what they say.

thanks for the answer to the music question

and wow can't believe someone brought up the whole "I hadn't played it" thing...thought it was just me that found it weird.

but hey after hearing the explanation it makes sense, the only reason you would play some much games is either you're a writer for a mag...or you pirate everything.

[quote name='Wombat'] A few weeks ago I did pick DMC 3 LE and Lego Star Wars when they dropped to 20. Right now I'm playing GRAW, ( I picked up after trading DOA4 and Madden 06 360), next week I'll spend my TRU Gift Certificate from Christmas on Elder Scrolls. So im not made of money, I consider myself to be high level CAG. :)[/QUOTE]

A high level CAG? A HIGH LEVEL CAG?!?!?!?

Lego Star Wars is $10 at Circuit City, and you could have picked up DMC3:SE along with another $20 game for $30 with the coupon! And then you're gonna pay FULL PRICE for a game!!!!

For shame, Mr. Wombat, for shaaaaaaaaaaame.

[quote name='evanft']A high level CAG? A HIGH LEVEL CAG?!?!?!?

Lego Star Wars is $10 at Circuit City, and you could have picked up DMC3:SE along with another $20 game for $30 with the coupon! And then you're gonna pay FULL PRICE for a game!!!!

For shame, Mr. Wombat, for shaaaaaaaaaaame.[/QUOTE]

GGC for the DMC 3, and I used a Gift Certificate for the Lego Star Wars, which is the same as free as far I'm concerned, so yes my statement still holds water.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Why did CheapyD sound so bad? Hope this is fixed and goes back to the usual audio quality.[/QUOTE]

What we did this was try a different connection, the connection we had with each other was much better than normal, allowing for a longer show with much fewer technical interuptions. The trade off was the quality of Cheapy's sound, almost sounding like he was on AM radio.

For me personally, I perfer the new method, but I can understand why you don't. Hopefully in future we accomodate both issues and again thank you for listening, we appriciate it more than most of you may realize.

I know this has probably been asked and answered before, but what were you guys using to make the Nintendo sounds three or four episodes ago? Is it like a keychain or portable device of some sort? This would be the perfect thing to drive my wife insane. I need it.

Yeah, the audio quality difference is jarring. Hopefully you guys can find a better solution.

Can't fault the content though, good stuff, as usual.

I actually liked this really long one... Listened to it yesterday. But I also listen to a bunch of 2-hourish podcasts, so this one didn't seem TOO long.

And the CAGBag was great as usual.

bread's done
Back