Rule of Rose (PS2-JPN) $21 at Play-Asia (Weekly Special) & Other Sale Items

Very tempting on the Tekken 5(English Version) for 9.90 and 3.10 shipping.

If I remember correctly, it's going for 19.99 everywhere else.

Is there a $5 dollar coupon code or free shipping code for Play Asia going around? I think I saw a thread for it some time ago.

Wow.. that's great price for all the games but sadly my PS2 can't play import game :( I wish they have more DS or GBA import games on sale ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-49-en-70-121n.html

"This is the Chinese language version of the game, which however contains full English voices, combined with traditional Chinese subtitles."[/QUOTE]
What about the menus and gameplay itself? I just need to know if I can play and perhaps finish the game as well only knowing English. Besides that the game looks quite twisted, I'm always in need for another "disturbing" game.

[quote name='hollowfreak']What about the menus and gameplay itself? I just need to know if I can play and perhaps finish the game as well only knowing English. Besides that the game looks quite twisted, I'm always in need for another "disturbing" game.[/QUOTE]

http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/ror/

Watch the video... looks 'english' enough to play...

excellent question, hollowfreak. I'd also like to know the answer. I'm pretty ignorant of import games...but I definitely plan to learn. I'm gonna stick it to Sony and their insane PS3 price point by getting a japanese ps2 (people will sell them off when they upgrade) and playing "previous gen" games instead!

In the meantime, if only I could find some japanese classes in addition to the cheap games... 8)

From the gamespy preview:

Rule of Rose hasn't been announced for any other region except for Japan thus far, but eager importers will be happy to know that a lot of the game can be played without any knowledge of Japanese. The voice acting -- which is superb, by the way -- is in full English, as are the menu options. Sadly, some descriptions and dialogue are in Japanese, so solving puzzles may become difficult if you aren't intuitive, or don't have access to any FAQs. However, Rule of Rose as an import title is much easier to get into than, say, the recently released Shin Onimusha.

Probably the same thing with the asian version, only with Chinese description.

[quote name='didamangi']From the gamespy preview:

Probably the same thing with the asian version, only with Chinese description.[/QUOTE]

heh, just came back to post this myself. I agree it's probably pretty safe.

Just a warning on Chinese version of Rule of Rose. According to people who can read Chinese, the translation is very poor. There are many grammatical errors and typos. It is possible the translation isnt done by a Chinese person.

bread's done
Back