Body...not acclimated to natural food...

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I recently changed my diet to coincide with my military training, and it's doing a little number on my digestive system. Being in college, my diet previously consisted of "instant whatever" and "crap they serve at the cafeteria". Lately it's been a lot dried fruits and "clean calories" (non-fried meats etc). I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there's anything I can take/do to get myself used to the change?

*Also, if anyone knows the cheapest place to get some dried Thai Pineapple, Mangos, Papya, or whatever; I'd appreciate it greatly.

Its probably just your digestive system adjusting to a higher than usual intake of fiber. It should go away within three days or so. Also, drink lots of water.

Reality's Fringe said:
I recently changed my diet to coincide with my military training, and it's doing a little number on my digestive system. Being in college, my diet previously consisted of "instant whatever" and "crap they serve at the cafeteria". Lately it's been a lot dried fruits and "clean calories" (non-fried meats etc). I was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if there's anything I can take/do to get myself used to the change?

*Also, if anyone knows the cheapest place to get some dried Thai Pineapple, Mangos, Papya, or whatever; I'd appreciate it greatly.

where u at cause there is a relatively cheap place in my area with dried mango

[quote name='Maklershed']Its probably just your digestive system adjusting to a higher than usual intake of fiber. It should go away within three days or so. Also, drink lots of water.[/QUOTE]
I've been drinking plenty of water, so that's all good. Stupid...delicious processed foods.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']where u at cause there is a relatively cheap place in my area with dried mango[/QUOTE]

OH, I like dried Mango, but I don't think I'd be willing to make the drive to PA:lol: .

Reality's Fringe said:
I've been drinking plenty of water, so that's all good. Stupid...delicious processed foods.

OH, I like dried Mango, but I don't think I'd be willing to make the drive to PA:lol: .

i know bjs wholesale sells dried mango, so I dunno if you know anyone with a card u can mooch off of

Your body probably just needs time to adjust to a changing diet. You could cut back an slow up on the amount you intake if you are eating a lot of it right now to give it time to adjust. Also, and you probably already know this, but you need to be careful with dried fruits because it's not always all natural, some can have a suprising amount of added sugar and preservatives.

[quote name='Maklershed']Why are you eating alot of dried fruits and clean meat. Is this your decision to do this or is it the only thing available?[/QUOTE]

Basically in an effort to reduce my bodyfat percentage. It's not an issue of weight(I'm within range easily). Dried fruits satisfy that desperate need for sucrose I've developed and are low in calories, no fats, and(aside from vitamin C) are relatively good for you. Plus, I love dried fruit anyway.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Your body probably just needs time to adjust to a changing diet. You could cut back an slow up on the amount you intake if you are eating a lot of it right now to give it time to adjust. Also, and you probably already know this, but you need to be careful with dried fruits because it's not always all natural, some can have a suprising amount of added sugar and preservatives.[/QUOTE]

I try to get ones that are middle of the road. Usually the ones I buy have a little added sugar and have had a sulfate bath (which is a normal thing to do when drying fruit, or so my grandma says) but as for dyes/ other crap; I avoid it. I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a few weeks, it's just uncomfortable sometimes.

Reality's Fringe said:
Basically in an effort to reduce my bodyfat percentage. It's not an issue of weight(I'm within range easily). Dried fruits satisfy that desperate need for sucrose I've developed and are low in calories, no fats, and(aside from vitamin C) are relatively good for you. Plus, I love dried fruit anyway.

I try to get ones that are middle of the road. Usually the ones I buy have a little added sugar and have had a sulfate bath (which is a normal thing to do when drying fruit, or so my grandma says) but as for dyes/ other crap; I avoid it. I'm sure I'll be back to normal in a few weeks, it's just uncomfortable sometimes.

Buy some Gas X. My friends sister uses that stuff like its her job and I...laugh at her with her every time.

I suggest you don't imediately jump on a new diet man like everything get on it one step at a time and it will be easier on your whole body not to mention your degestive system !

Probably not for everyone to read. Its about what a natural food does to me.

Anytime I eat Iceberg lettuce its comes out almost whole.

However no other type of green veggie or salad green does that to me.

Just give it some time. The only way to really ease into it at this point is to have six strict days a week, followed by a seventh splurge day.

I went little by little, and now I cook and prep all my own food and haven't looked back. Once you get all those processed foods out of your body for good it will be rough on your body to start eating them again. Good luck.

bread's done
Back