Post your MGO name here. UPDATE: Server, Room and Password info added.

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
METAL GEAR ONLINE

Since Socom 2 has its own thread up there I figured why not make one for MGO. Post your names so that we know who is who and maybe get our friend lists sorted out and some CAG games going.

The following information was contributed by Jonny Polychronopoulos:

Finding anyone specifically in this game is impossible because the interface sucks. We've got around 40 names here and the game has been out for a week and yet we have still not had any organized games to speak of. I blame this on lack of decisiveness and communication. If everyone was fronting the [CAG] in front of their name, a simple search in player search would reveal everyone's location. Which should never be in doubt in the first place if we always arrange lobbies in one of the less crowded servers and stick with it.

From now on let's always roll on MeiLing, always name the room CAG and the password be "cheapyd"- simple as can be. Friends list only hold 16- its alot easier to just know that everyone shows up each night at the same place.

Mics are the best but kbams work. I've got a well thought out list of gametypes and the appropriate maps and settings for them as well. I can't host- problem with ports and such but any host would do well to run a diverse bunch of maps and gametypes I'll provide. I'm also getting around to doing a beginners guide and maps which I'll hook you all up with in time.

MookyJooky's clan list.
[CAG Name] = [MGO Name]
AFStealth= Andor1
Odenat = Odenat
Snotnose_colossal = StarTropics
jasonlives13 = [CAG] CULEBRA
Mr. Anderson = SamuraiFez
danny-o = Panzerfaust
yashiroae86 = FOX832
ster = someonetookster
Chacrana = Chacranajxy
Apossum = MAMES
ValkyrieVF-1S = ValkyrieVF-1S
Mookyjooky = Mookyjooky
2Fast = RussianGunship
MrWazeleski = mrwazeleski
whiteboy = ak47sbc
Radioactive_Man = Radioactive Man
jfunkdpg = JFunk
darth007 = Matisyahu007
bluenatas09 = Bluenatas
pete5883 = Tuff One
TheRock88 = TheRock88
Jonny Polychronopoulos = [PA]ANTIBODIES
dpatel = DPatel304
Francis = Francis
ShimSham = [PA] ShimSham
flybrione = BigMes
basketkase543 = Basketkase543
King = CheekyFox
FriskyTanuki = SolidTanuki
Kendal = [CAG]BATOU81
Blind the Thief = Calorie Mate
Davestation= Solid_Dave!
WebScud = WebScud
b0bx13 = b0bx13
JEKKI = JEKKI
dyreschlock = DYRE
swetooth9 = [CAG] a crispy donut
ramensoldier = Mister France
redgopher = gopher

[quote name='takingchase']am I missing something here, metal gear online?[/QUOTE]

Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence online

Anyways, my name is:
TheRock88

[PA]ANTIBODIES

What all server are you guys rocking? You should choose one and call it home so its easier to track your stats and keep your friends together. The friends list has only 16 slots.

[PA] ShimSham, I've got to go pick this up here in about an hour. I was out of town with the lady friend all yesterday.

So what server are we going to be playing in. The Rosemary server is usually the one that has less people in it. Also we should have a password set up as well.

Allright, my user name is:

Basketkase543

And man oh man do i suck at this so far. I haven't played online deathmatches since quake arena back in 2001 so I'm extremely rusty.

Ok, I'm going to try and get a game going. I'm going to create a CHEAPASSGAMER game and the password is going to be: DIEHARD

EDIT: Nevermind. No other CAGs seem to be online now.

Just calll me... SolidTanuki. :D I'll be playing some for the next hour or so, so feel free to add me to your buddylist after shooting me in the head, as it seems to be the case.

Mine is [CAG]BATOU81.

NOTICE: I CHANGED MY NAME IF ANYONE ADDED MY OLD PROFILE. I saved over it and made a new one. 9 hours down the drain, guess I have to rack them back up huh? :D

[quote name='bluenatas09']can you even add friends without playing with them first?[/QUOTE]
I don't think so, that is why we have to set up a specific server and game so that we all know were to go.

[quote name='jasonlives13']I don't think so, that is why we have to set up a specific server and game so that we all know were to go.[/QUOTE]
This is what happens when you assume stuff before getting the hands-on confirmation. I assumed you could manually add people to your friends list, but was disappointed when I found out otherwise. Who was the genius behind the friends list?

if you ever see a game created by me and it is locked, the password will be BABA it is easy to type in with the onscreen keyboard. :D

There's a way to add someone to your friends list without having to kill them. When you're searching for games to join, click view players or whatever that says, and if you press O on the player you want, you can add them to your friends list or block list or check out his stats.

[quote name='Kendal']Probably the same asshole who decided friend codes would be good for the DS.[/QUOTE]

No, no, it was definitely the fucker that designed the Splinter Cell online interface.

My MGO name is Calorie Mate, by the way. :)

I have never played online games for so long before. I racked up almost 4 hours lastnight. I also got my PS2 working so I can host games. I don't know if my headset is working though. Holy shit! It is 7 am! Where did the time go?

I have never played online games for so long before. I racked up almost 4 hours lastnight. I also got my PS2 working so I can host games. I don't know if my headset is working though. Holy shit! It is 7 am! Where did the time go?

My name is "WebScud". Sorry, I refuse to ever put clan tags in my handle. Feel free to add me as a friend if we ever play. :)

Let's organize. We should choose one server- not one of the full ones like Snake or Liquid, and always have a server running in there with a consistent password so only those in the know can get in.

This has worked perfectly for the Penny Arcade board which quite a few of us in this thread frequent. We are always running several games on Meiling server and can always find dozens of us because we all use the [PA] prefix so the search function gives lots of results.

Putting a game together by just dropping your tag here with the crappy online interface or going into public servers will end in blood and tears.

"JEKKI"

all out deathmatch was aiite...

except the match is over 90 minutes!!!

kerotan match was the shit!

I gotta study so I wont play much until Wednesday.

[quote name='WebScud']Has anyone figured out how to play as or even seen the Rumble Roses girls?[/QUOTE]
It's random as far as I've seen. My roommate got to play as one of them a few times during a TDM match.

According to EGM, you have to log in at least 50 hours of online gameplay before you can unlock them. I guess if you've unlocked them, and you're hosting a game, other players can play as the Rumble Roses' girls as well.

Also, you can add players manually to your friend list ONLY if they're online (sucks, I know). All you have to do is go to the screen where there's a list of games available (after you've chosen your server). Press Start and a search function will open up.

[quote name='Socheata']Also, you can add players manually to your friend list ONLY if they're online (sucks, I know). All you have to do is go to the screen where there's a list of games available (after you've chosen your server). Press Start and a search function will open up.[/quote]
No, they don't have to be online. Basically anywhere you can find a player list you can add people. Go to the ranking system and you can add people there I believe.

However your friends list can only hold 16 people which is pretty terrible, but if you can get most of your friends to agree to play in one server that isn't Snake or Liquid then you won't have much trouble finding them.

bread's done
Back