Ok so is there gonna be a restock at CC for tomorrow or what?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but do you want to chance it? I doubt a huge truck with DISGAEA painted on the side will drop a million copies into your circuit city but they did advertise it and they need to have something out or people will be getting mad.

i went yesterday and i saw a small display with old ps1 sport games and very few old ps2 games for 4.99!!! i hope thats not the entire stock

Yeah, it is totally YMMV. I know one local CC that wasn't totally raided and they set aside a good amount of $5 games. But they are the exception and not the rule, I think. Other CC's around St.Louis were raided by hoarding dealers.

Simply put... CALL THEM and ask... 3 out of the 4 I called WERE receiving new shipments of games in for the sale tomorrow... the one that wasnt WAS the CC I had planned to visit tomorrow, but they told me the sale had started there and was picked clean

One of the lawyers where I work said that CC corporate has been nailed a couple of times for advertising something and then the stores don't have it. He thinks it's more than likely the there will be a restock for tomorrow or that most of the games were pulled by managers until tomorrow because of this. It would account for them being pissy about CAGers having the list early, and a lot of the better games on the list are games that my store ALWAYS has, but magically didn't as of last weekend when we got the list.

That would be pretty sweet finding a Rez or Disgaea or any of the other top tier titles tommorow, I hope someone does and posts about it, but the odds aren't good.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a very limited restock on some titles over the week - with the warehouses clearing out their last pieces of inventory. Kind of like with Best Buy and their clearance. Two copies of Fatal Frame 2 showed up at most Best Buys around a month after news of the clearance broke. Other titles (including Monster Rancher 4, Auto Modellista, and Disaster Report) had a similar limited restocking.

Speaking of that here's a quandry. You have two CC's. One that usually has a better selection and more rairties. The other that has poorer selection and strict managers...

The CC with rarities didn't pull any games. I don't think they put more out. In other words, they were cleaned out by Sunday. But they could have received a new shipment. So they may have more stuff tomorrow morning.

The other CC was hit up late Saturday night. The managers got pissed so they pulled the remaining $5 games off the shelves. Their selection wasn't that great in the first place, but at least I know they have $5 games. They also could have gotten a new shipment.

So which CC would you go to. The one where you know they're holding $5 games but that may not be good, or the one where you have the most luck but don't know if they have anything?

I would hit them both one after the other. First, I would probably go to the one that pulled the games early on Sunday (the Christiana Mall location). They at least have some guaranteed games plus they did a great job pulling games (I only found one title on the shelves on Monday - Wakeboarding Unleashed). Next I would go to the Concord location (although if nobody picked up that Castlevania:HOD it may still be in the bargain bin - it was in the bin that was removed). At least you won't have my competition there as I won't be able to go to any of them until Monday evening :(

I was told no restock, and the manager flat out laughed at the whole "no $5 games on sunday is false advertising". Supposivly the ad states something like selection varies by store, or while supplies last.

Yeah...I'm starting to think the only hope is going to a store that pulled all the games for the sale on Sunday the 11th...

I just can't wait until people who go there on Sunday get the deals and then some CAGers start whining because they choose not to make the trip out to CC and got screwed out of a game they wanted..

i just know that im not waiting outside for an hour....ill go to 2 of them, one right when the open, and the other shortly after...if i find a lot of good finds at thsoe 2....i just may go to another one 45 minutes away, as well as another one another 45 minutes away

I'm not entirely sure if the 2 CC's here are gonna have anything different or not. I guess I'll have to go check myself AGAIN.. unfortunately I don't have enough gas to go out to the one an hour and a half away though.

I would just call and ask, but they've got a habit of telling flat-out lies.

I know that i went to two CCs today and one is a crappy store to begin with with selection and service and all, while the other is the epitome of CC. I went to both.... the first one was very evil IMO as they had already taken the shipment they recieved and gave first dibs to all of their employees leaving only sports titles for the everyone else. The other on the other hand, i had raided last sunday and was expecting nothing and no shipment, but to my surprise they put stuff that they had not had from the previous weekend and had also told me that they had recieved a big shipment that would be out tomorrow.

Besides if this is one of the greatest deals in CAG history, than why would you want to take a chance and miss on it. I know i'm not.

[quote name='AlienLX']I'm not entirely sure if the 2 CC's here are gonna have anything different or not. I guess I'll have to go check myself AGAIN.. unfortunately I don't have enough gas to go out to the one an hour and a half away though.

I would just call and ask, but they've got a habit of telling flat-out lies.[/quote]

where is the second? I only knew of the one on market

The second CC commented on how not all of their inventory in the first place was out last Saturday or Sunday. I don't know if this is indicative that my CC knew about the sale beforehand or something (though they all looked surprised when i came up with like 15 games) but they might have their own inventory still not put out.

Well, I'm heading over to my CC at 11 tomorrow. With so many lists floating around, does anyone want to PM me the most up to date one? Thanks!

Jordan

I know for a fact that my CC will have a butt load of games because they said they pulled all the games before anyone had a chance to buy any. Some people had games that were $4.99 but they didn't sell them to them. I don't know about a restock, but I'll be waiting in line at 10:45 tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get something half decent. I have a feeling I won't get shit.

[quote name='Thunderscope']Just wondering if I should risk my time by waiting in line for CC to open tomorrow...[/quote]

a store manager personally told me that ALL of the circuit city stores would be restocked except for thunderscopes....

I went to my local CC early last week and found only three or four of the titles from the list. No special bin set aside, just their normal not very big selection. I picked up Chaos Legion and a GBA game for my son. I didn't ask about restocking, but the clerk who rang me up was stunned by the $4.99 price, so he obviously knew nothing about the clearance. I'm going to go back tomorrow morning when they first open, just in case, but there aren't a whole lot of "must have" games on the list for me anyway, so if I come away empty-handed, oh well.

[quote name='xzafixz']I don't think anyone knows for sure, but do you want to chance it? I doubt a huge truck with DISGAEA painted on the side will drop a million copies into your circuit city but they did advertise it and they need to have something out or people will be getting mad.[/quote]

They do have stuff out....NCAA2k2, Madden2002, etc etc etc

[quote name='bob_the_goon']One of the lawyers where I work said that CC corporate has been nailed a couple of times for advertising something and then the stores don't have it. He thinks it's more than likely the there will be a restock for tomorrow or that most of the games were pulled by managers until tomorrow because of this. It would account for them being pissy about CAGers having the list early, and a lot of the better games on the list are games that my store ALWAYS has, but magically didn't as of last weekend when we got the list.[/quote]

The ad does not show any specific games..it only says..selected titles.

Their is no way they can get sued on this one.

bread's done
Back