- - - - -

Suikoden V thread - Post your impressions, reviews and etc here!

#211 boyward   CML! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:50 AM

Suikoden II blows I and III away in a heartbeat.

That may be, but is it 5 times better than Suikoden I, to justify the high price, which is usually 5 times more than I?

V is pretty damn good also. I'd rank them II, V, I, III, Tactics, IV. Stay far away from IV.

Well, then I feel pretty good about my purchases of the last two days. I got Suikoden I for $30 at Amazon, III for $13 at Half, and V for $28 at Gamefly. I can't afford II and I'm not interested in IV.

Should I play mine in order (I, III, V)?

#212 io   ... Super Moderators   24606 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:57 AM

So are we ever going to get the Suikoden I/II combo for the PSP? Or is that Japan only? That is the only way I'll ever play I and II. I'm holding off on playing III until I know for sure about those.

#213 Calamityuponthee   Voice of Reason CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Calamityuponthee

Posted 04 January 2007 - 07:31 AM

That may be, but is it 5 times better than Suikoden I, to justify the high price, which is usually 5 times more than I?

Well, then I feel pretty good about my purchases of the last two days. I got Suikoden I for $30 at Amazon, III for $13 at Half, and V for $28 at Gamefly. I can't afford II and I'm not interested in IV.

Should I play mine in order (I, III, V)?

See, I played them out of order. I did II, V, III, I, Tactics.. and I never finished IV because it sucked that bad.

I would recommend playing III first because it's the least best out of the 3. You'll thank me later. It's a tossup after that. I personally would save V the last one. It takes awhile to get going, but once it does.. it's one hell of a ride.

And about II, I picked it up for 40.. So I can't say if it's worth the hefty price tag.. but I totally recommend it.
Posted Image

#214 creid   Dead For The Summer CAGiversary!   6777 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:56 PM

I played II after I, III, and IV, and I didn't think it was anything special. Prior experience with some characters greatly enhanced my enjoyment of III.

#215 Roufuss   is now a coupon CAGiversary!   21591 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

Suikoden III's only redeeming value is it's story which has alot more impact if you've played I and II before it.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#216 Rei no Otaku   Rei's love CAGiversary!   10309 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Rei no Otaku

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

So are we ever going to get the Suikoden I/II combo for the PSP? Or is that Japan only? That is the only way I'll ever play I and II. I'm holding off on playing III until I know for sure about those.

No. SCEA won't allow direct ports on the PSP.

Rei_no_Otaku.png

#217 boyward   CML! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:39 PM

I strongly recommend playing either I or II before III. You'll thank me later.

I would recommend playing III first because it's the least best out of the 3. You'll thank me later.

Hmm... which of you will I really thank later? :roll: Thanks for the advice guys. :lol:

I played II after I, III, and IV, and I didn't think it was anything special.

Really?! So obviously you wouldn't recommend I pay upwards of $150 to get it then, eh? That actually makes me feel a little better that there's someone in this world that feels that way. I don't feel so much like I'm missing out. :D