DBZ: Budokai 3 (Greatest Hits) question

asianxcore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Other than the different cover (original Japanese release cover?), is there anything different between this version and the non-GH version. I noticed on the GH version it mentioned at the top that it now featured the original japanese voice cast.

Thanks.

Japanese Voice cast, extra costumes and some other extras.
On accident though, the company shipped some of the GH versions with none of the extras.
Theres some way to tell by the way the shrinkwrap is put on if its the right version though.

Besides the original Japanese voices there were SUPPOSED to be extra costumes for some of the characters. These costumes were available in the PAL collector's edition but weren';t included in the US one(I'm pretty certain of this).

The reason I wrote "SUPPOSED" was that it turned out that Atari screwed up the GH version and simply re-printed the original version(non-GH.. without the extras) onto the disk. I believe there were a bunch of topics about this on the Atari forums.... A LOT of people were seriously pissed(my friend included).

I haven't kept up on the situation but I remember that Atari was supposedly working on a solution, and you could send in your disk and get it replaced.
I'm wondering if something was done(replacement disks/recall maybe) because I couldn't many GH Budokai 3 for quite a while, now I see them in greater numbers with a really crappy shrink wrapping job.

I really hope they fixed this... I'll have to check out the Atari forums to find out.

ok I found out for sure in the forums.

If you want the GH version with the extras you need to buy a version that has been obviously re-shrinkwrapped. It should have no security seal on top and shouldn't use the standard shrink wrap envelope stuff(with the creased folded ends).
I've noticed these at all my local stores so it looks like they may indeed be shipping the old ones back to Atari or something.

Did they add something to the title of the game, seeing that it has new content not previously available on the non-GH version? For instance, DMC:SE and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix are the GH version with a slight title change.

[quote name='eau']Did they add something to the title of the game, seeing that it has new content not previously available on the non-GH version? For instance, DMC:SE and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix are the GH version with a slight title change.[/QUOTE]

title looked the same, they did however use a different cover. (with the red GH banner added of course)

http://www.toysnjoys.com/psx2/dbzbudokai3.jpg

bread's done
Back