What are the Must-Have Japan only import GC games?

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I just bought the Kururin Squash game w/Freeloader for $53 shipped. I have the Kururin games on GBA and they are one of my favorite games, so the Gamecube one is a must have for me.

I was just wondering what other Japanese release only titles are worth having. I cannot read Japanese and want the game to be totally import friendly.

I was thinking of the following:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Naruto 2,3,4

Any other Ideas?

The GameCube doesn't have a lot going for when it comes importing Japanese games. The only games I can think of are Bleach GC: Tasogare ni Mamieru Shinigami and the upcoming Radirgy Generic coming out in May.

[quote name='Shayde']The Donkey Kongas I've heard were alot better than the US version.[/QUOTE]
You can't save your progress using a Freeloader though.

Please change the title of your message to "Japan" or "JPN." The way it's expressed now is rather offensive.

The only import Cube software I have is Naruto 4. If you're a fan of the series, it's great, and it's a pretty solid fighter in its own right with Marvel vs. Capcom 2-esque tag-team available.

Kururin Squash is great!

You needs:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Bonk's Adventure (under the Japanese title: PC GENJIN)
Adventure Island remake
Mr. Driller Drill Land
the Naruto games if you can't wait for them to come out in the states

Also some games have extras not in the US versions if that interests you:

Sonic Mega Collection (includes Comix Zone and The OOZE)
Zelda 4 Swords (includes a bonus multiplayer game called Tetra's Trackers)

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']You can't save your progress using a Freeloader though.[/quote]

You can, you just need a seperate memory card dedicted to japanese games.

I dont think Jpn saves and US saves play nice on the same card...

[quote name='Puffa469']You can, you just need a seperate memory card dedicted to japanese games.

I dont think Jpn saves and US saves play nice on the same card...[/QUOTE]
No, that won't work either. The same goes for Mr. Driller. You need a Japanese or modified Gamecube.

Kururin Squash is absoultely amazing.

Also get a European version of Doshin the Giant, which although is technically a PAL game, it works without interference on American TVs. I have no idea why. It's an anomally. But man, it's a great game.

And I've never had problems with memory cards. I use the latest version of Freeloader and it works fine. Hell, some of the games save on cards shared with US games. Nintendo Puzzle League and Bomberman Land 2, for example.

BTW, Bomberman Land 2 is pretty fun, but practically impossible to play through the RPG portion of it unless you have the patience of Job. Which I guess I do, but I also can read enough Japanese to slurge through it.

If you play enough Japanese games, you'll pick up on certain things. But Kururin Squash doesn't have a lot of text and the menus are easy to navigate. If I can recommend only one imported Gamecube game, that would be it. No question, 100%. It's pure Nintendo. I can't believe, and am incredibly disappointed that it never came out in the states (well, yet).

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']
And I've never had problems with memory cards. I use the latest version of Freeloader and it works fine. Hell, some of the games save on cards shared with US games. Nintendo Puzzle League and Bomberman Land 2, for example.[/QUOTE]
I think any games that save w/ the Freeloader can be on the same memory card as US games... I've yet to hear problems with that. I still keep them on separate cards for organization and cuz I'm paranoid (which was apparently justified, cuz attempting to save either Donkey Konga or Mr. Driller wiped out my card).

Edited to add: On topic, I think you've got the basics covered, OP... I loved all the games you mentioned. For Naruto, I'd just go with the latest one (4), since each version is just a derivative of a previous version.

Great stuff, thanks all who posted. I am going to use a separate memory card for the Import game saves. I assume I can save my game on Kururin Squash.

I cant find the Bonk game, and Puzzle Collection looks like stuff I already have on N64 and SNES. I may try Doshin.

[quote name='daroga']Please change the title of your message to "Japan" or "JPN." The way it's expressed now is rather offensive.

The only import Cube software I have is Naruto 4. If you're a fan of the series, it's great, and it's a pretty solid fighter in its own right with Marvel vs. Capcom 2-esque tag-team available.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I changed it. No offense intended.

That one is $70 shipped at PlayAsia and LikSang. A bit too rich as I have the US Naruto. Thanks though.

[quote name='Nephilim']Agreed. I changed it. No offense intended.

That one is $70 shipped at PlayAsia and LikSang. A bit too rich as I have the US Naruto. Thanks though.[/QUOTE]
The $30 more (or more depending on how you got it) is worth it as the first game is extremely barebones compared to the fourth game. I think PlayAsia has 2 to import for $30 and 3 is $40, both would have been better deals than buying the first game.

bread's done
Back