play the godfather for a dollar a day

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
At EB
PREORDER the godfather, buy it for $60, trade it back. EB will deduct 1 dollar for each day since the launch day.
So:
pay: 60
trade after a week
trade credit:53
U MUST PREORDER THE GAME TO GET THIS DEAL!

I would also like to see them do this with more games. Many games can be completed quickly, and then just sit on the shelf.

Dang. Didn't even realize this was for Canada...

[quote name='neocisco']You do know Godfather came out today, right? That would seem to make the deal null and void at this point.[/QUOTE]

doesnt renting games make this deal null and void? Im confused...

So if i buy it today, play it, beat it and trade it rite back thhe next day i get 59 dollars? Thats great and all except your down the 7 dollars (nearly) of tax too. So in a way it is cheaper to rent it or gameflix it.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']So if i buy it today, play it, beat it and trade it rite back thhe next day i get 59 dollars? Thats great and all except your down the 7 dollars (nearly) of tax too. So in a way it is cheaper to rent it or gameflix it.[/QUOTE]

EX ACTLY!!

Or the OP could just be completely full of crap which I think is the most likely possibility.
I will say I had also heard of the posibility of this happening on upcoming titles. However, it seems like a total scam to me when you can just rent the game. They are banking on people being too lazy to trade it in quickly.

[quote name='secretvampire']I will say I had also heard of the posibility of this happening on upcoming titles. However, it seems like a total scam to me when you can just rent the game. They are banking on people being too lazy to trade it in quickly.[/quote]

If they do start this promotion my guess is it will die pretty quickly once people realize how much they're losing.

Perhaps, since the OP used $60 in his example, he meant the 360 version of the game, which doesn't come out for quite a while yet.

I can't really think of a game this would be a good deal for. If you beat a game that quick and pay full retail for it, you probably already either eBay it in like-new condition or don't give a damn about spending that much money for a few days' worth of entertainment.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']So if i buy it today, play it, beat it and trade it rite back thhe next day i get 59 dollars? Thats great and all except your down the 7 dollars (nearly) of tax too. So in a way it is cheaper to rent it or gameflix it.[/QUOTE]

Trade in credit is tax free though, at least at EB, GC, and GS it is. So even though you're "losing" 7 dollars, you will only pay tax on the remainder. So a $59.99 game would be $1.08 cash if you had $58.99 in trade in credit.

[quote name='pinoy530']Trade in credit is tax free though, at least at EB, GC, and GS it is. So even though you're "losing" 7 dollars, you will only pay tax on the remainder. So a $59.99 game would be $1.08 cash if you had $58.99 in trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

And what about the gas money to constantly trip to and from a local ebgames? for me its a gallon plus to and from so its almost 3 bucks on top of the "7 dollar loss."

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']And what about the gas money to constantly trip to and from a local ebgames? for me its a gallon plus to and from so its almost 3 bucks on top of the "7 dollar loss."[/QUOTE]

....wow

As far as I know this applies to all the new games at EB... maybe it's select stores, but I have seen posters advertising $1/day games since last November.

I can believe you guys are whine about this? First people whine about crap trade in values, then they do something where you actually get something back and you still whine.

Would you rather buy it for $50 or $60 and get your normal $20 trade in?

It'll be a pretty good deal because it will only take you a day to figure out that it is:

Mafia>Godfather>Grand Theft Auto

It's about the same as renting from our local Blockbuster. Something like $8 to rent a game. Granted that's for a week, but whatever happened to the $1 1 night rentals? Maybe they died out when I stopped renting games for my Genesis ;)

this is a TERRIBLE DEAL.
why? TAX.

60+ tax = 69$

you dont get the tax back so you get 55$ if u trade it in 5 days later
wow! 14$ for renting a game for 5 days whereas Blockbuster rents games for 1 month for 8$

[quote name='schuerm26']I can believe you guys are whine about this? First people whine about crap trade in values, then they do something where you actually get something back and you still whine.

Would you rather buy it for $50 or $60 and get your normal $20 trade in?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Internet. All people do is complain ;)

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']this is a TERRIBLE DEAL.
why? TAX.

60+ tax = 69$

you dont get the tax back so you get 55$ if u trade it in 5 days later
wow! 14$ for renting a game for 5 days whereas Blockbuster rents games for 1 month for 8$[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that you aren't charged tax on the store credit you get from the tradein. Therefore the tax you payed for the game originally basically just applies to whatever else you end up buying with the credit from trading in the original game.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Except for the fact that you aren't charged tax on the store credit you get from the tradein. Therefore the tax you payed for the game originally basically just applies to whatever else you end up buying with the credit from trading in the original game.[/QUOTE]
I was about to say the same thing but it was already posted already on the last page. People dont seem to like to read through before saying things.

[quote name='amos_82']None of the 6 stores I called have any clue of what he is talking about. The one asked me what I was smoking. LOL!![/quote]
its a canadian deal.

1.This is Canada only.
2.Pick up This month's EB CANADA Flyer, it's on the cover.
3.It's nation-wide (Canada)
4.This is for PS2 AND XBOX ONLY

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']And what about the gas money to constantly trip to and from a local ebgames? for me its a gallon plus to and from so its almost 3 bucks on top of the "7 dollar loss."[/QUOTE]

That's seriously the most ridiculous and saddest comment I've heard in a while ...Anywhere.

^^Well, maybe once you start driving and getting a real sense of money, you'll realize that $3 is alot of money when you consider what it's going toward. I think a $10+ 7 day rental is horrible.

And considering this is Canada only, it's more like a $15 7 day rental after tax and more expensive gasoline. So... be quiet.

If you use trade-in and beat it in one night, you're playing a game for a DOLLAR.
I'd say it's a good deal.. if it's a short game, and can beat it within a day or two.

bread's done
Back