Well it has offically happen

Odenat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
The whole time i've owned my Acura Integra I knew it is one of Americas most stolen cars. I attempt to go to work today and find that my car is gone. So i'm currently feeling pissed and in shock but the best I can hope for is that it was stolen by some drug addict that needed a ride. The funny part is that there was a Corvette and a much nicer Acura Integra GSR parked no more then ten feet away from mine.

[quote name='Odenat']The whole time i've owned my Acura Integra I knew it is one of Americas most stolen cars. I attempt to go to work today and find that my car is gone. So i'm currently feeling pissed and in shock but the best I can hope for is that it was stolen by some drug addict that needed a ride. The funny part is that there was a Corvette and a much nicer Acura Integra GSR parked no more then ten feet away from mine.[/quote]

Maybe you should've tried to steal that one...

Christ man, bunch of savages.

My friends 4-runner just got stolen from the parking lot after the bar.

Amazing. Kinda makes you want to set up a little operation baseball bat sting.

[quote name='Strell']Does The Club actually work?

Are there any other anti-car-theft devices that actually work?[/QUOTE]

The Club thing does NOT work. I saw a tv special about it in the past (can't remember the name of the show right now). It took about 20 seconds or so for the car theft (hired by the tv station) to took a hack saw and cut the steering wheel (just to remove The Club).

I just googled around and it looks like the best defense is to get essentially 3-4 different things to cause the thief to be slowed down...

Bleh. That sucks.

BTW, sorry to hear it OP.

[quote name='wbc1228']The Club thing does NOT work. I saw a tv special about it in the past (can't remember the name of the show right now). It took about 20 seconds or so for the car theft (hired by the tv station) to took a hack saw and cut the steering wheel (just to remove The Club).[/QUOTE]

I used to watch that infomercial all the time (yes, i'm a loser). It was some lock that you put around the break pedal, thus the person trying to jack your car can't take it out of park. Anybody heard any feedback from these?

*looks at my Acura*

*looks at my lcd alarm keyfob*

*breathes sigh of relief*

;)

That sucks about your car though OP. I hope you had insurance?

Remote activated car bomb.

Well if someone really wants your car there gonna get it no matter how much you do. I've seen someone with a removable steering wheel, kill switch, and a car alarm on a seperate battery get there car stolen. It just takes cutting the break lines and putting the thing on a flatbed

A midget that lives inside the car with a sawed-off shotgun.

Also when I was younger people around my area would take the battery out of their cars at night.

[quote name='Scahom1']I used to watch that infomercial all the time (yes, i'm a loser). It was some lock that you put around the break pedal, thus the person trying to jack your car can't take it out of park. Anybody heard any feedback from these?[/QUOTE]

i have one of these things. it's made out of some heavy duty metal. i've tried messing with it and it can move to neutral/ drive but the brake becomes useless. that was my fault though because i didn't tighten it up as best as i could. over all, it's a good product and is recommended.

[quote name='wbc1228']The Club thing does NOT work. I saw a tv special about it in the past (can't remember the name of the show right now). It took about 20 seconds or so for the car theft (hired by the tv station) to took a hack saw and cut the steering wheel (just to remove The Club).[/quote]

It however works just fine keeping dumb little joy ridding teens out of your car.

OP I hope your car will be found in one piece rather than stripped bare or simply not at all.

my cousins lotus elise was stolen not long ago in toronto. Not sure why that one was stolen, as a lamborgine(can't spell right now) diablo, and a Ferrari spyder were parked right next to it. Don't make much sense does it? He got his back within a day or 2 as there wern't many cars of that kind around.

[quote name='evan11221']my cousins lotus elise was stolen not long ago in toronto. Not sure why that one was stolen, as a lamborgine(can't spell right now) diablo, and a Ferrari spyder were parked right next to it. Don't make much sense does it? He got his back within a day or 2 as there wern't many cars of that kind around.[/QUOTE]

It's about supply and demand. If somebody wanted a Diablo he would have stolen that one. Most thiefs only steal what they need so they don't get caught.

Someone comes to the thief and says I need a Lotus Elise and I will give you $15,000 for it. No point in taking a Diablo when you have 15 grand waving in your face.

[quote name='2poor']Remote activated car bomb.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell that would be so funny, especially if you watched them drive off in it, then boom! fuck the cost, your sending a message.....

Reality's Fringe said:
Why do people steal these cars the most? Worth of parts?

Worth and interchangability.

Early Ninties Civics, Accords, Camarys for example, are beloved of thieves because the parts are interchangable between all of the models that those manufacturers made the same model year, and there were no built in theft deterant systems in those model years.

[quote name='radjago']To commit other crimes without using their own vehicles?[/QUOTE]

I meant in relation to the Integra being the most jacked car. Personally, if I were going to commit a crime, I'd do it on foot and lead police on a chase that way. The thing is I'd be going to fast they'd have to use their cars. I'm that badass.

[quote name='JSweeney']Worth and interchangability.

Early Ninties Civics, Accords, Camarys for example, are beloved of thieves because the parts are interchangable between all of the models that those manufacturers made the same model year, and there were no built in theft deterant systems in those model years.[/QUOTE]

Oh. Makes me glad I drive a whacky ass GM.

Personally, I think this is the best anti-theft system ever.

flamethrower.jpg

Doesn't even touch the paint. Plus, it's the coolest way to roast marshmellows *ever*.

bread's done
Back