There's Only One Disabled/Defective Person in North Korea and his name is Kim Jong-Il

Man, I wish we killed all the cripples, that way I could get lucky and park close to the store without having to own one of those elusive blue placards.

In ancient Greece, they'd cast the "impure" of genetics to the mountains...

Can you imagine the society and people produced up there? It predates the modern hillbilly.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Man, I wish we killed all the cripples, that way I could get lucky and park close to the store without having to own one of those elusive blue placards.[/quote]
You're a fucking moron. Period. You think you're high and mighty, but you're a fucking prick with less intelligence than the false leg of that disabled person that you wish killed.

You hide behind the mask and veil of secrecy of the internet and say whatever you feel like, but if anyone were to ever fucking meet you in person you'd probably just shit your pants.

You know, I could laugh at the bullshit that you write down in other threads and calling other members out, but that line is just taking way too far. Since I don't want to lower myself down to your level (because obviously you have experience and would probably beat me) I'm just gonna leave it at that.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Man, I wish we killed all the cripples, that way I could get lucky and park close to the store without having to own one of those elusive blue placards.[/QUOTE]

I park in the "Expecting Mothers" parking spots. ;)

[quote name='JimmieMac']Man, I wish we killed all the cripples, that way I could get lucky and park close to the store without having to own one of those elusive blue placards.[/quote]
Who else do you wish to be killed so that you can create your Aryan Nation Jimmie? The blacks, the jews, really who?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Who else do you wish to be killed so that you can create your Aryan Nation Jimmie? The blacks, the jews, really who?[/QUOTE]

I just made a guised joke that I murder pregnant women...

Cool your jets, man. :O

[quote name='Brak']Cool your jets, man. :O[/quote]
I didn't even see your joke.

Oh and Tell that to Jimmy. I swear of every member of CAG he is the only one that Cheapy will practically bow down to and let him say whatever he wants and just let it slide.

He's not even funny. He just struts his stuff around CAG with his macho, big guy around campus bravado. I mean, sure this is the internet and not everyone has intelligence or is going to be civilized (and it shouldn't be expected. Look at what most Americans will watch for instance), but at least you'd think he'd give some respect and use his fucking mind and show some fucking decency.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I didn't even see your joke.[/QUOTE]

That's not my point. Well, it is, in a way.

A joke is only offensive if you want to take offense to it. He made a disturbing joke. He doesn't (and wouldn't) ice handicapped people.

Afterall, they pack heat under their Nam POW veteran vests.

I once helped a wheelchair-bound vet into his truck when I used to work at Kmart. I held onto his wheelchair so it wouldn't roll away. When he climbed into his truck, the back part of his vest collar popped up a way, revealing the but of a shotgun -- a sawed-off shotgun. He saw me looking at it. His response will forever stay with me:

"... shit, man. I'm handicapped."

I have strange film scenes happen to me in real life. I assure you, once I become a director, that'll creep it's way into one of my films.

[quote name='Brak']That's not my point. Well, it is, in a way.

A joke is only offensive if you want to take offense to it. He made a disturbing joke. He doesn't (and wouldn't) ice handicapped people.

Afterall, they pack heat under their Nam POW veteran vests.

I once helped a wheelchair-bound vet into his truck when I used to work at Kmart. I held onto his wheelchair so it wouldn't roll away. When he climbed into his truck, the back part of his vest collar popped up a way, revealing the but of a shotgun -- a sawed-off shotgun. He saw me looking at it. His response will forever stay with me:

"... shit, man. I'm handicapped."

I have strange film scenes happen to me in real life. I assure you, once I become a director, that'll creep it's way into one of my films.[/quote]
I truly hope that you become a director. I would really like to see some of your work. Are you going to school at all to become one like USC? That's where I'm thinking about transfering to.

Anyway, back to his comment. A joke is a joke only if it is done in good taste. I don't care how vulgar the joke is, but a "joke" where it talks about "icing" "capping" "killing" or any type of murder is simply not a joke. None of what he said came out in good taste. Now don't get me wrong, I'll laugh at the stuff that South Park has on handicapped people like Jimmy, etc., but at least what they do is understood as parody and tasteful. But what Jimmy said plain and simple is not a joke. I don't care what anybody says. If you found that to be funny, then there has to be something wrong with you. Jimmie deserves to have both of kneecaps smashed that way he can show some decency and maybe some respect to those that are less fortunate than he. Perhaps that way, he'll see why those people need those elusive blue placards.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I truly hope that you become a director. I would really like to see some of your work. Are you going to school at all to become one like USC? That's where I'm thinking about transfering to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

The only film-oriented stuff I've done in college is two video editing courses and two stagecraft courses. I've thought about transfering, but I loathe college. It'd be better than going to a community college or university, where I'm forced to take inane horseshit outside of the realm of what I want to do, in order for the college to get more money, and me to waste my fucking time.

I'm going to shoot some stuff over spring / summer and try to put together a 2 or 3 hour long film in the production style of a talk show.

[quote name='Brak']Thanks.

The only film-oriented stuff I've done in college is two video editing courses and two stagecraft courses. I've thought about transfering, but I loathe college. It'd be better than going to a community college or university, where I'm forced to take inane horseshit outside of the realm of what I want to do, in order for the college to get more money, and me to waste my fucking time.

I'm going to shoot some stuff over spring / summer and try to put together a 2 or 3 hour long film in the production style of a talk show.[/quote]

Yaeh, I'd suggest then trying to take as much digital photography classes as you can and editing classes or to seriously think of transfering to one of the bigger Universities/Colleges. Community College sucks, but the University atmosphere is totally something else. Sure you have to take the crap, but like they say anything worth it in life isn't easy. Plus from everything I've seen, USC is just phenomenal. Sort of laid back and you can take pretty much anything you want no matter what direction you're headed. Have you thought about/taken any script writing classes at all? I've taken two. One that was straight scripts and one that was more of a creative writing/script writing class that basically aloud you to do whatever you wanted.

[quote name='eldad9']Try this one:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/4/3/150324.shtml[/QUOTE]

Absurd, irrational paranoia? Communism? Correlations?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Have you thought about/taken any script writing classes at all? I've taken two. One that was straight scripts and one that was more of a creative writing/script writing class that basically aloud you to do whatever you wanted.[/QUOTE]

Not script writing, no. I've taken a couple writing courses and a creative writing course. I have, however, practiced and studied script writing on my own, for self-enrichment. What I've noticed, much like drafting, there's a basic form, and, even if you're not doing it 100% properly, as long as you're consistent, you're doing good.

A lot of the stuff I've done for fun has lacked formal scripts. It's either avant-garde (which I enjoy), with a basic idea or theme. However, scripts and screenplays are crucial for storytelling with film -- which is where my real passion is.

Actually, I've heard that Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was filmed without a screenplay. They actually used the novel, itself, as a script. Terry Gilliam is brilliant like that.

I heard Michael J Fox is faking Parkinson's disease because, one, he was sick of acting and two, because he wanted a sweet parking spot.

[quote name='Apossum']fuck

does anyone get communism right besides teh hippies?[/QUOTE]

Charles Manson used the hippie brand of communism to his advantage.

So, no. Nobody can use communism right. As long as people have free-will, it will never work. It benefits the leaders; not the people, or the country.

[quote name='Brak']Charles Manson used the hippie brand of communism to his advantage.

So, no. Nobody can use communism right. As long as people have free-will, it will never work. It benefits the leaders; not the people, or the country.[/QUOTE]

acht! oh well.

[quote name='Brak']Charles Manson used the hippie brand of communism to his advantage.

So, no. Nobody can use communism right. As long as people have free-will, it will never work. It benefits the leaders; not the people, or the country.[/quote]

I would actually ascribe that to communism as it is perceived today. Fundamentally speaking, at its core, communism would be an ideal community. People doing work for the sake of work. Also, there wouldn't be any leaders as everyone is equal. That's also why communism also fails - human nature. No, I take that back, it's not human nature, it's just plain ol' nature. The law of the jungle - survival of the fittest. At our basest level, we still compete for resources (money, food, mobility, etc.) & reproductive privileges (i.e. convince a member of the opposite sex to spread'em). This inherent drive spurs competition & is directly in opposition to communism's tenets. With competition, leaders & inequality emerges. Because, if everyone's a leader, whose gonna do the work? And if everyone's a worker, who's gonna show them how to do things the right way?

[quote name='jaykrue']I would actually ascribe that to communism as it is perceived today. Fundamentally speaking, at its core, communism would be an ideal community. People doing work for the sake of work. Also, there wouldn't be any leaders as everyone is equal. That's also why communism also fails - human nature. No, I take that back, it's not human nature, it's just plain ol' nature. The law of the jungle - survival of the fittest. At our basest level, we still compete for resources (money, food, mobility, etc.) & reproductive privileges (i.e. convince a member of the opposite sex to spread'em). This inherent drive spurs competition & is directly in opposition to communism's tenets. With competition, leaders & inequality emerges. Because, if everyone's a leader, whose gonna do the work? And if everyone's a worker, who's gonna show them how to do things the right way?[/QUOTE]

and if there aren't supposed to be leaders, who will organize the communist society in the first place? I think this is all answered by the fact that Marx didn't have much to say about what communism would actually look like.

[quote name='Apossum']and if there aren't supposed to be leaders, who will organize the communist society in the first place? I think this is all answered by the fact that Marx didn't have much to say about what communism would actually look like.[/quote]

:applause:

Good point.

[quote name='jaykrue']People doing work for the sake of work. Also, there wouldn't be any leaders as everyone is equal.[/QUOTE]

If a scientist and a McDonald's worker make the same wage, do you think the scientist will have the drive to take his job seriously, discovering the cure for cancer, or what have you? Hell, I doubt the scientist would learn to become a scientist, if he can make the same living flipping burgers. I understand that a lot of scientists are scientists to help the good of man, but we live in a career driven world.

I understand what you're saying, "working for the sake of work", but it just wouldn't work if it were introduced to an already active society / economy. It'd be much like introducing anarchism to an already established society (and I'm not saying Anarchism and Communism are the same things, either) -- it just wouldn't work.

Those who work "harder" generally get paid "larger"... this is how mankind has functioned for ages. Eh, for the most part, anyway. There are always exceptions to the rule -- always. Generally speaking, of course.

[quote name='Brak']If a scientist and a McDonald's worker make the same wage, do you think the scientist will have the drive to take his job seriously, discovering the cure for cancer, or what have you? Hell, I doubt the scientist would learn to become a scientist, if he can make the same living flipping burgers. I understand that a lot of scientists are scientists to help the good of man, but we live in a career driven world.

I understand what you're saying, "working for the sake of work", but it just wouldn't work if it were introduced to an already active society / economy. It'd be much like introducing anarchism to an already established society (and I'm not saying Anarchism and Communism are the same things, either) -- it just wouldn't work.

Those who work "harder" generally get paid "larger"... this is how mankind has functioned for ages. Eh, for the most part, anyway. There are always exceptions to the rule -- always. Generally speaking, of course.[/quote]

Speaking as one of the exceptions, no I don't think the scientist would work as hard, and I said as much due to humanity's predisposition for survival. Communism is a utopian dream. But that's all it is - a dream. Until the desire for acquiring resources & reproductive privileges, and by extension money disappears, a thing such as 'work for the sake of work' would never be possible. Even if someone were to create an unlimited resource that fulfills all of humanity's current needs - free, clean energy & food, the imagination of the human mind will create more needs & wants so thus the cycle continues. So destroying the scarcity of a resource does not diminish humanity's desire for 'more'. In fact, I dare say it would go against human nature.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You're a fucking moron. Period. You think you're high and mighty, but you're a fucking prick with less intelligence than the false leg of that disabled person that you wish killed.

You hide behind the mask and veil of secrecy of the internet and say whatever you feel like, but if anyone were to ever fucking meet you in person you'd probably just shit your pants.

You know, I could laugh at the bullshit that you write down in other threads and calling other members out, but that line is just taking way too far. Since I don't want to lower myself down to your level (because obviously you have experience and would probably beat me) I'm just gonna leave it at that.[/quote]
Chill the fuck out. There's PM's for a reason.

Instead of killing all "defective babies" they should let them live what if being handicap is gods way of punishing people who were rapists or murders...just a thought not trying to start a debate.

[quote name='Brak']If a scientist and a McDonald's worker make the same wage, do you think the scientist will have the drive to take his job seriously, discovering the cure for cancer, or what have you? Hell, I doubt the scientist would learn to become a scientist, if he can make the same living flipping burgers. I understand that a lot of scientists are scientists to help the good of man, but we live in a career driven world.

Those who work "harder" generally get paid "larger"... this is how mankind has functioned for ages. Eh, for the most part, anyway. There are always exceptions to the rule -- always. Generally speaking, of course.[/QUOTE]

There's an easier way to sum that up: "People Respond to Incentives".

[quote name='Graystone']Instead of killing all "defective babies" they should let them live what if being handicap is gods way of punishing people who were rapists or murders...just a thought not trying to start a debate.[/quote]

Skipping the religiosity, it's more important to note that the North Koreans are potentially denying a good resource. For example, without Stephen Hawking's contributions, our scientific knowledge base on the nature of the universe wouldn't be as wide. Granted, someone else would've eventually gotten the same profound insights as Mr. Hawking but it's unknown how long that would've taken and delayed us by 30-50 years. And not to mention the scientific importance that savants have in further understanding how the mind works.

[quote name='Graystone']Instead of killing all "defective babies" they should let them live what if being handicap is gods way of punishing people who were rapists or murders...just a thought not trying to start a debate.[/QUOTE]

... the fuck?

[quote name='Graystone']Instead of killing all "defective babies" they should let them live what if being handicap is gods way of punishing people who were rapists or murders...just a thought not trying to start a debate.[/QUOTE]

Yes -- God punishes us because he likes us.

It's the same concept as jail: cellmate Bubba only tosses your salad as a gesture of appreciation.

And on-topic:

I read that article and that's disgusting.

It's like a modern-day Hitler or something. Trouble is ah-brewin' in North Korea, and I don't think it's gonna end peacefully..

[quote name='JimmieMac']Man, I wish we killed all the cripples, that way I could get lucky and park close to the store without having to own one of those elusive blue placards.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you do what all the other jackasses do and get ahold of a placard without being disabled. Be warned if I see you part in my handicap spot and you are walking just fine, you won't be for long!

bread's done
Back