StarCraft Ghost Indefinately Postponed so it can be relased on Next Gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Blizzard Entertainment(R) Focuses Console-Development Plans on Next-Gen Platforms
IRVINE, Calif.—(BUSINESS WIRE)—March 24, 2006—Blizzard Entertainment Inc. today announced plans to focus the company’s console-development efforts on the next generation of console platforms. As part of this shift in focus, Blizzard(R) will indefinitely postpone production on StarCraft: Ghost(TM) while evaluating opportunities for utilizing the additional power of the new and upcoming console systems.

“Like many in the industry, we’ve been impressed with the potential of the new consoles, and we’re looking forward to exploring that potential further,” stated Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “In addition to allowing us to determine the best course for StarCraft: Ghost, this review period will help us lay the groundwork for our future console games.”

In the months ahead, Blizzard will further evaluate the next-gen console technology and determine the best plan of action for offering a StarCraft(R) console-gaming experience that meets the company’s expectations and those of its players. Further specifics on plans for StarCraft: Ghost and Blizzard’s future console games, as well as platform and release information, will be revealed at a later date.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/blizzard/starcraft-ghost-indefinitely-postponed-162934.php

Hopefully this means that its being worked on for the X360. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Wow , I don't know how many times I read that this was for current generation consoles only .
I'm not surprised though , also it's Blizzard and they know what they're doing .
The mistake they made was maybe announcing this a bit prematurely .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back