PSOne system and screen

bjschre

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if the PSOne combo was worth $79.99 new, I do have a PS2 but I wanted to have another portable system to play other than my GBA. Is the system well built, is it a good price, what to you think?

I bought a PSone for that same price at Sears a few months ago. I haven't played it a whole lot since I've bought a lot of new games for current console, but I personally felt it was worth it. The screen has a really good picture and it's not hard to see at all. I bought it mostly because I bought the newer model SNES, and don't regret it. I still regret not getting an NES II when I could have.

Its actually a great portable system. I used to bring mine to work and play it on breaks. The screen is VERY good. Not only does the resolution make games look better, but you can actually attach other consoles to the screen which really shows how crappy all the other screens are.

The system is very well made too. the screen was made with the PSone speciffically in mind and is "one" with the system. takes a good beating too.

hey there
WHERE DID U SEE THIS $79 DEAL FOR THE psONE SYSTEM AND COMBO?I'D be interested in getting this for long trips and vacations..also someone mentioned you're able to attach other systmes to the screen.so xbox would work with this too? thanks[/i]

Here's the thing...yes, you can use cables to attache other systems up tot eh screen BUT as for how you power those other systems, its up to you.

Basically, you need a camcorder cord that goes from headphone jack to the 3 RCA prongs. Then get some connectors so you can match the RCA prongs from another system/dvd player/VCR to the PSone system. Like this one and a set of these

and some people have found these deals at Sears and even CC, let alone the insane deals at Target.

[quote name='rly723']hey there
WHERE DID U SEE THIS $79 DEAL FOR THE psONE SYSTEM AND COMBO?I'D be interested in getting this for long trips and vacations..also someone mentioned you're able to attach other systmes to the screen.so xbox would work with this too? thanks[/i][/quote]

Sears B&M has them on clearance at this price.

I bought a PSone Combo off ebay for $61 after trying feebily to obtain one from Target for $34. Anyway, it was worth every penny and then some simply because of it's portability. I can lay in bed and play Puzzle Fighter with the wife, or pop in GTA for some comical relief. It also got me playing Symphony of the Night again (200.6 percent this time around :) which I had forgotten was so good. I have some trips coming up and am quite looking forward to using the drive time to work on Dragon Warrior 7, and other unfinished oldies. It's well made, the screen is great and the sound is very impressive. I would easily buy one for $80 if I ever need another. If you have games you want to play, then do it.

Hell, I bought this when it came out for $150 and have loved it. Nothing, I tell you, NOTHING beats playing Valkyrie Profile or Vagrant Story on a long car ride on a lonely interstate.

[quote name='rly723']thanks for the info..there were selling the combo at target for $34..how long ago was this? is it still that price?[/quote]

quite a while ago, but if your target is off the beaten path they might still be availble.

I gotta try and get one before I go on a long trip later this week, I have a good amount of PS1 games that I didnt finish or havent played. And playing Vagrant Story again sounds entertaining, never did beat the last boss.

anyone checked sears or any other stores for this deal..ive seen on various sites just the PSone system for 49.99..tried to call sears if they had the combo deal available , but their cust service sucks...no one asnwered the phone after 4 or so tries..this seems like a good deal especially if it comes with the screen..the only other deal iv seen is on ebay, but it is used and bidding has been up to $80..if someone has osme info on this? thanks

I'll put in another vote for "worth every penny". Since getting one of the Sony LCDs on clearance at CC in February, I've been playing my PSOne more than the PS2 and GBA SP put together. The image and sound are amazing.

If you're getting one for use in a car, don't forget to get a power adapter. You might also check CompUSA to see if they still have any of those Hip Interactive battery packs for $3 each.

I have a business trip coming up in a few weeks and am looking forward to those long lonely evenings in the hotel for some quality gaming time.

hey there,
is sears the only place that might have this deal? I called my local sears and they told me they don't sell and PSone's, the only have PS2's..this combo deal is a good price, so if anyone has info i'd appreciate it..thanks

Yeah, I would like to know the best price for the screen + system combo too. I'm going on vacation, and I might need something to do.

oh, i HIGHLY suggest hunting down an official car adapter. i had two different off brands burn out on me. its one of those "just to be safe" kind of things.

You know the thing that disturbs me is every place I see the LCD separate sells it for nearly $125... WTF?

Yeah I could buy a PS1 for 35 bucks at CC but if I go to TRU or BB to buy a screen by it self it's more expensive than the two together in a combo by like 40%??

bread's done
Back