$2 Videogame Clearance at Best Buy PS2/Xbox/GC/GBA/DS/PSP (Some -$3 after rebate!)

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
I'll try and keep this list up to date. I have a feeling this list will be hot for about a day and then no one will be able to find anything at any BB.

Playstation 2
Radiata Stories $4.99
Enthusia Professional Racing $4.99
LA Rush $9.99
Rise Of Kasai $4.99
2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99
Backyard Wrestling $1.99
Death by Degrees $1.99
Dragon Ball Z Sagas $1.99
DT Racer PS2 NOW $9.99 - This was $1.99 on Monday, but BB changed the price.
Max Payne 2 $1.99
Metal Arms $1.99
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $1.99
NBA Ballers $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Project Snowblind $1.99
Starsky and Hutch $1.99
Stuntman PS2 $1.99
Terminator 3: Rise of The Machines $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
Viewtiful Joe $1.99

Xbox
Major League Baseball 2K5: World Series Edition $9.99
Total Overdose $19.99
Tecmo Classic Arcade with Tecmo Bowl $9.99
Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure $39.99 free shipping
Taito Legends $9.99
Constantine $1.99
Full Spectrum Warrior $1.99
Outlaw tennis $1.99
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun $1.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate
MLB 2k5 $1.99
Second Sight $1.99

Gamecube
Mad Catz Dance Beat Pad $14.99
Spiderman 2 $1.99
Fantastic Four $1.99
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 $1.99

GBA
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games $9.99
Beyblade GRevolution 1.99
James Pond $1.99
Nightmare Before Christmas: Pumpkin King $1.99
Pokemon Vids 1.99
Shaman King Sprinting Wolf 1.99 (Soaring Eagle still 19.99)
Starsky & Hutch 1.99 (some had a UPC sticker that made it 9.99)

DS
Pac N' Roll $9.99
Ridge Racer $4.99
Ping Pals $1.99
Sprung $1.99

PSP
Frantix 9.99
Frogger PSP 9.99
Gretzky NHL 9.99 PriceGrabber $5 Rebate

(Edited by shipwreck to include games with $5 PG rebate).

[quote name='zenintrude']yea, one is near(ish) to me as well... anyone know how to do pick-up? also, will they transfer product between stores?[/QUOTE]
No they won't transfer between stores. If you don't see the "Add to cart" option next to a location, then its not available for in-store pickup. You'll have to go to the store to buy it.

I cannot add Radiata stories in the shopping cart but it shows that it is available in a store near me! Is it possible to call the store and ask them to keep it for me and I will go pick it up after work????

[quote name='Maklershed']Sweetness .. Radiata Stories is available at my closest store. Thanks for the heads up krampy.[/quote]

Wyomissing?!?

[quote name='darisma']I cannot add Radiata stories in the shopping cart but it shows that it is available in a store near me! Is it possible to call the store and ask them to keep it for me and I will go pick it up after work????[/quote]

That's how the in-store pickup works, but you have to use your credit card I think.

If you missed Radiata, I wouldn't worry. It's not so much a question of how much money it's worth, it's a question of if it's worth the time required to play it. I'd say no.

[quote name='mkelehan']If you missed Radiata, I wouldn't worry. It's not so much a question of how much money it's worth, it's a question of if it's worth the time required to play it. I'd say no.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by the time "required" to play it. It was about average for RPG's in how long it took me to finish it. I thought it was really enjoyable.

If you're talking about being a "completist" who feels compelled to find every secret and collect every object, then you're probably right. I finished with about 70 out of 177 "friends" collected and that was just fine by me. I had a great time with it.

[quote name='AfroPig']That's how the in-store pickup works, but you have to use your credit card I think.[/QUOTE]
No, you're supposed to be able to add it to your cart and choose "Pick Up", but since it's sold out online you can't add it to your cart even if it shows up as available in store (which it does for me). It seems to be a design flaw in the site.

if it shows up in BOLD it means it was in the store last update they checked but They dont know if they have it or not... that is why you cant add it to cart

it mostly means its OOS in the store but they are too lazy to update their system

So what's the likelihood that B&M prices will equal online prices? I know when I tried to get Beck's Guero CE, B&M was 20, but it was 15 online.

Also, yea, you ought to be able to add it online for in-store whether or not it's OOS online....

[quote name='Damian']No, you're supposed to be able to add it to your cart and choose "Pick Up", but since it's sold out online you can't add it to your cart even if it shows up as available in store (which it does for me). It seems to be a design flaw in the site.[/quote]

Whoops, sorry, I didn't notice you couldn't put it in your cart...that's quite odd, but a fault on my thinking.

i went to BB store. they are selling radiata stories for 4.99. i went to the one at Bay Parkway Brooklyn. one copy left as of 11:10am

[quote name='trunks982']i went to BB store. they are selling radiata stories for 4.99. i went to the one at Bay Parkway Brooklyn. one copy left as of 11:10am[/QUOTE]

Was it showing up as in-stock on the store locator when you went?

Its hard to imagine that, all of a sudden, no Best Buy in all of Tampa Bay has this game.

[quote name='Roufuss']Was it showing up as in-stock on the store locator when you went?

Its hard to imagine that, all of a sudden, no Best Buy in all of Tampa Bay has this game.[/QUOTE]

yea it was instock when i check availability

Thanks OP. I finally grabbed the Tecmo compilation, now if only the Capcom one would drop I'd be happy. Also grabbed 2 Full Auto Faceplates.

Called and had them hold 3 copies. One for me and my buddies. There are 2 more left on the shelves. Hope they don't give 'em away again like last time. Thanks OP for the deal.

[quote name='spamfree2']Called and had them hold 3 copies. One for me and my buddies. There are 2 more left on the shelves. Hope they don't give 'em away again like last time. Thanks OP for the deal.[/QUOTE]

does it say any availability on the store locator for you too?

the store locator isnt 100% accurate. i might check out my local best buy but im dont want to call since most likely that'll tip some employee off to hoard copies

I don't trust these in store avai things. At least last time I saw a copy of Beatdown when there was none online like the bestbuy inventory system said.

Store locator is way off, just called a store that said they had 5 of these bad boys in stock, while the website says they have none.

Picked up in-store:

Full Spectrum Warrior (xbox) - $2
Nightmare Before Christmas (GBA) - $2
NanoBreaker (PS2) - $2

Ran into another CAG while I was in there... Remembered him from the big $5 CC sale two summers back. We comiserated that there were no copies of Radiata.

btw wassup with Marc Eco for 39.99 with free shipping is this a crap game or something? I thought it looked kinda like Jet Set/Grind Radio but heard it sucks.

[quote name='Roufuss']Store locator is way off, just called a store that said they had 5 of these bad boys in stock, while the website says they have none.[/QUOTE]

Nevermind, the guy told me there were five, I went down there, there were ZERO Radiata Stories... and zero for all 11 stores, from Tampa all the way to Naples.

Ok I decided to call the store, told them that I could not add this game in the shopping card but it shows as it is available at your store and asked them to hold a copy for me. The clerk asked me for the price of the game so I told him it is 4.99........

He came back and said "Sorry sir, we do not have them" I hope that they really don't have them coz if that guy just bought it himself I would be pissed!

i went and the lady looked in the computer for stock. Its status was DELETED. Dunno what that means in BestBuy land, but there weren't any there.

For those that are finding these - don't leave any behind....share the wealth with us unlucky ones. Im sure you won't have any trouble unloading for cost+ some. Dibs.

Also, i saw someone restickering things. Starsky and Hutch was a penny, and the 2pack with Corvette and Starsky was 1.99.

Okay, is there a thread I'm missing somewhere about these $2 games?!?! Those are some pretty good games and I'd think a thread about those would be huge.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, is there a thread I'm missing somewhere about these $2 games?!?! Those are some pretty good games and I'd think a thread about those would be huge.[/QUOTE]
not yet. i think people find them just browing around.

[quote name='The_Continental']Ran into another CAG while I was in there... Remembered him from the big $5 CC sale two summers back. We comiserated that there were no copies of Radiata.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that was me. :) Shame about there being no Radiata. I'm as sick as a dog today, and I really knocked myself out getting up there, only to find out that there were none left. I may try to gamble a CC pricematch later...it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I think all these $2 games were dropped today. A cool employee pointed out the sheet of new stickers to me and Continental, and they hadn't even put them on the game markers yet, so I assume these price drops just went into effect. I only got Nanobreaker; I didn't want the trip to be a complete waste.

[quote name='Shipwreck']Okay, is there a thread I'm missing somewhere about these $2 games?!?! Those are some pretty good games and I'd think a thread about those would be huge.[/quote]
These must have dropped today. Hopefully a proper list comes together soon. I wish I'd known Stuntman was $2...I would have bit.

Max Payne 2 for PS2 was also $2 (haha, damn, that's a lot of 2s). Haven't seen that mentioned yet.

i assume CC wont PM this if the printout i have says Out of Stock?

does anyone have a screenshot of it in stock if thats true?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Heh, that was me. :) Shame about there being no Radiata. I'm as sick as a dog today, and I really knocked myself out getting up there, only to find out that there were none left. I may try to gamble a CC pricematch later...it couldn't hurt.

Anyway, I think all these $2 games were dropped today. A cool employee pointed out the sheet of new stickers to me and Continental, and they hadn't even put them on the game markers yet, so I assume these price drops just went into effect. I only got Nanobreaker; I didn't want the trip to be a complete waste.

These must have dropped today. Hopefully a proper list comes together soon. I wish I'd known Stuntman was $2...I would have bit.

Max Payne 2 for PS2 was also $2 (haha, damn, that's a lot of 2s). Haven't seen that mentioned yet.[/quote]

So, i'm guessing the games were marked 2 dollars? i'm gonna try and get Full Spectrum Warrior for 2 bucks if possible

[quote name='Link127']i assume CC wont PM this if the printout i have says Out of Stock?
[/QUOTE]

I don't even think I'm going to try... CC has been on my case lately about PM's.

bread's done
Back