Gamefly problem with return shipping - USPS

scoobyx2

CAGiversary!
Has anyone here had any problems returning games to Gamefly? The USPS has lost, or has had stolen, 4 games over the last two months that I shipped back to Gamefly. Needless to say, Gamefly is close to cancelling by service. This sucks, not only because Gamefly is not receiving their games back, but also I have to wait to receive new rentals until a short investigation is completed. Can anyone recommend the best way of making sure shipping is secure? I really enjoy renting games and finding what I like before before using CAG to find the best deals on keepers.

Tonight, I received an email stating that if one more game was lost, my account would be "reviewed". Makes me look like I am a thief -- sucks.

By the way, any other online rental services that may use more secure return shipping? B&M BB are just too far away from me.

[quote name='scoobyx2']Tonight, I received an email stating that if one more game was lost, my account would be "reviewed". Makes me look like I am a thief -- sucks.[/QUOTE]

i say keep the next game you receive and cancel your account. Thats probably what im going to do if they keep on playing games.

where exactly are you putting these games? Are you going inside the post office and dropping them in the dropboxes? Where do you live anyways?

They come with prepaid envelopers to return games in.

I never trusted tbe method. If a game is lost in the mail, you're the one that looks guilty since it's nearly impossible to track a package sent via USPS (unless tracking is used and even then it's not surefire).

It happened to me except with BlockBuster... those assholes said I never sent a movie back (even though I did) and decided to charge me $20.

[quote name='Vinny']They come with prepaid envelopers to return games in.

I never trusted tbe method. If a game is lost in the mail, you're the one that looks guilty since it's nearly impossible to track a package sent via USPS (unless tracking is used and even then it's not surefire).

It happened to me except with BlockBuster... those assholes said I never sent a movie back (even though I did) and decided to charge me $20.[/QUOTE]

i hoped you called your credit card company to dispute the charge. Blockbuster charged me for 2 dvds after I canceled my account. I called my credit card company to dispute it. A week later the 2 missing dvd magically appeared.

[quote name='Vinny']They come with prepaid envelopers to return games in.[/QUOTE]

i dont understand, why they have to put the orange on the return envelope as well

I have actually had games not reach Gamefly after the post office scanned them in. The games were scanned with FastReturn, but Gamefly never got them. So, either someone in the post office has sticky fingers, Gamefly is lying, or Gamefly is incompetent.

[quote name='RandyTsai']i say keep the next game you receive and cancel your account. Thats probably what im going to do if they keep on playing games.[/QUOTE]

Don't encourage/discuss fraud on the CAG forums please.

This thread is remade once a month. I returned all my items to Gamefly via (Blue box, little blue mail boxes all over town) - and they all still got lost.

It shows they recieve it, its their dock... its completely hosed. And if you try to mention it to them, they ban your account, at least thats what happened to me. I loved Gamefly, but after being throttled back multiple times and then them magically recieving the games but for some reason not getting the games back in their stock, and then they just cancelled my account without saying anything to me... I've just let go.

Gamefly is shit, get over it... there are much better and cheaper places out there. They lie, and screw you out of rentals.

"I have actually had games not reach Gamefly after the post office scanned them in. The games were scanned with FastReturn, but Gamefly never got them"

This happened to me with the supposed second game they did not receive. I am probably going to cancel my service. I have placed the games in the dropboxes, inside the PO boxes, and given it to my mail carrier. Giving it to the mail carrier has provided no problems. BUt I have had the service only since January. By the way, I am in SoCal, Riverside area.

[quote name='RandyTsai']i hoped you called your credit card company to dispute the charge. Blockbuster charged me for 2 dvds after I canceled my account. I called my credit card company to dispute it. A week later the 2 missing dvd magically appeared.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this was before I knew about disputes as I only had the card for about 3 months. I figured that since they didn't receive it, it was the USPS's fault. I'm wiser now, if that happened to me, I'd be one pissed of SOB.

I've been a Gamefly member since Jan. and haven't really had any problems with them. Although, the latest game I rented never got to me. I had to end up waiting another two weeks to actually receive it. I am becoming increasingly worried about all of the complaints against them. I'm definitely thinking about cancelling the account.

It can't be coincidence that all of us have had this problem with GameFly. I did the trial and rented to games, both sucked, I cancelled my service, and sent both games back. They're saying that they haven't recieved them and have charged my checking account over a hundred dollars. They overdrew me and I told them to figure it out in three days before I issue a dispute with my bank. We'll see what happens. Bastards.

Had the same problem with GameFly before too, about 3-4 years ago. I'm banned because "there is a problem with my mailing route". Lost 2 games right before Veterans day and then a third later that year. I always use the 'drive-thru' mail-drop-box right in front of the local post office. I even called in the whole process with post office investigation and whatever.

As for www.intothegame.com, not too satisfied right now. The turn around time is really bad for me. This is my experience so I'm not saying it will happen to anyone else. Whenever I return my game, it would take 5-7 days for IntoTheGame to receive my game since the time I drop the envelope into the mail box. I check the website and emails for comfirmation of the game being received by IntoTheGame ~ 5-7 days later "game received & next rental is sent, blah blah". But it only takes 2 days at most to receive my rental. I'm sure the route is the same as it is when I send the game back, why the hell does it take so long. I'm only 20 miles away from Santa Ana, CA where their distribution center is.

I want to try www.gameznflix.com but their closest center is San Diego.

bread's done
Back